Marathoner Dailies

2013 Nike Women's Half Marathon (Read 41 times)

Julia1971

Archived by author.  See training log.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

Great RR, Julia! Great job in the race, great pic and very cool about the high-fives! Cool That's just so awesome. Big grin That's a really good time, and way to finish strong!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971

Great RR, Julia! Great job in the race, great pic and very cool about the high-fives! Cool That's just so awesome. Big grin That's a really good time, and way to finish strong!

Thanks!  I can't tell you how cool it was.  I hope there's a picture of me with them somewhere on the course or at the finish.  I'm sure I photobombed quite a few pictures.

Bad Ass

Congrats, Julia!  I am glad you don't sound disappointed, as multiple racing does take quite a toll on some times (I know that from experience).  Sounds like you're killing it out there nonetheless.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just B.S.

That is so freaking cool!!! What a great day for you and congrats on another great race!

Julia1971

D_R, I'm not disappointed at all.  I'm just enjoying racing - I didn't race much last year so it's cool to just get in the mix again.  I'm really inspired to run some faster times in the fall.

Just B.S., I know, right?  So, cool.  It looks like they're starting to post photos so I'm hoping for some Julia/Joanie/Shalane cameos.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...So cool!  You were running with some of the best and that just had to be a great experience.  It is amazing that they do a little jog at that pace though Roll eyes  I was really hoping that you'd be happy with your performance today as I was a little concerned over all the racing you've done.  I'm surprised there were that many men.  I don't think I'd put myself in that kind of event.  As for the racing...very good.  Having the course knowledge you did really played to your advantage.  It seemed like the early miles were the miles to run fast, and you definitely did that.  Also, not giving into the temptation to fade is, at least to me, probably the most rewarding part of racing.  Staying strong like that really paints the race with such a different brush (hmm, I'm embarrassed I wrote that, it was nerdy).

Great job!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Brains aint me forte

Julia - What a totally awesome experience this must have been!  I can only imagine what a thrill that would be to actually run with two Olympians.

I'm glad you didn't have any logistic problems to contend with.  I can see why you would be concerned about that since this is an inaugural event and the bad experience at the marathon in March.

Great job holding on at the end and not letting the other woman pass you.  4th in your age group is just awesome.  Congrats!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Great job, Julia!  It sounds like it was an incredible race experience.  Did you wash your hand after the high-five?  Lol!

jackdyl11

Great job! Good tough race and very cool getting to run with Shalane and Deena!

Julia1971

Great job, Julia!  It sounds like it was an incredible race experience.  Did you wash your hand after the high-five?  Lol!

Hahaha!  I thought about that later in the evening - "I shouldn't have washed my hands!"  Where does that come from?  Was it a Brady Bunch episode or something?

Another solid effort Julia. Congrats!