September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Good morning, everyone!

13 mile medium run for me.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

jojo61397

Julia, morning.

8 miles before work this morning.  Hoping no sick kiddos.  It's been since Veteran's Day that I have hintact least one kid home from school.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning all.  SRD for me.  I'm canceling my appointment with the podiatrist this morning.  My pain has steadily diminished even as I've run 24 miles in the past three days. I wasn't able to get an appointment for my doctor anyway and was scheduled to see her partner.  If the pain comes back I'll get in to see her.

The office Christmas party is today, so my rest day comes at the perfect time.  I've lost a few pounds recently so the challenge today will be to not gain it all back in one sitting!

I'm still working on the soccer banquet video so I'm not going to back track for personals.  Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Julia, Jodi, and Scott.  6 recovery miles for me this morning.  Hope everyone has a great day.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning all. 

RUN DONE: 9 miles in a chilly 29 degrees with 5 MPH winds... done around an MLR effort

Julia - Great re the 13 mile. Was it cold for you?

Jojo - Nice early 8. Love getting them done first thing.

Scott - Sounds like a reasonable call... hope it continues to go well.

Hilltopper - Hope the 6 went well. Those are relatively relaxing runs for me.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

CompetitiveChik

Good Morning All,

RD for me. goin out for my MLR tomorrow. so giving myself one more easy day. 

my next race is Houston. I have a couple of ppl who have agreed to pace me to help me reach my goal (as long as the weather holds). So I'm super excited.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

Morning!  My MLR went well last night.  I ran some miles this morning and will run more tonight.

Working from home, yay.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Joe1775

Frost has covered everything here this morning.  As the sun popped up everything sparkled.  20F and slowly warming up.  I got in a comfy 7 miles.  I feel fully recoup'd from last Saturday's marathon.  Tomorrow is a SRD, with 17.5 on the calendar for Saturday after work.  

Julia - Please add March 23rd Haulin' in the Holler 50K for me.  ;-)   Thank You!!

Julia1971

Medium run went pretty well.  Managed to maintain a pretty strong pace the whole time and my legs didn't feel as tired as I thought they would.  I'm thinking about my marathon pace run on Saturday and gradually talking myself into gunning for sub-3:15 (7:30 pace).

Mark, it was pretty nice out.  About 40 degrees and sunny.  It's been mild here in the mid-Atlantic.  I have a feeling we're going to get a lot of snow this year since we didn't get very much last year.

Joe1775, I added it.  I like the name of that one.

PressingOn

Hi everybody!  I have an 8 miler scheduled today.  I still cannot locate my Garmin.  Angry  I'm beginning to wonder if a cat thought it was a plaything.  Today I will tear apart the car and my closet and see if I can locate it in either of those two locations.  I'd really like it before I head out for my run today.  I bought my dh his own Garmin for Christmas and I'm super tempted to sneak it out of the box and use it.  Would that be bad?  Evil Would he notice do you think?

Julia - Glad the party was a success. Are running drills as much "fun" as swimming drills?

Jodi - That's some rotten luck with the sick kids. This has been our best year in a long time. So far only one kid home for one day since school began. That has NEVER happened to me before. I don't know what we're doing different. Perhaps last year we went through all the possible illnesses available and built up an immunity for this year. Course, now that I said that we're all gonna be sick on Christmas.  Anyway, hope the family is better soon.

Scott - So glad the pain is better. It always works that way, you make the appt and things get better. I totally understand the time suck the soccer video is taking on you. My grandpa is in a nursing home and has no needs for Christmas other than support. He lives too far away for us to visit so I'm working on multiple family videos to send him. It is fun but it takes forever! Course, I'm a bit of a perfectionist about it.

Hill - Enjoy your 6 miles today.

Markrice - That sounds like a good run today.

CC - That's awesome about finding yourself some pacer's.

Damaris - Enjoy the work from home and the 2nd run this evening.

Joe - Glad you're feeling recovered. Frost can be pretty.

PressingOn

Oh, I cleaned out my running clothes drawer yesterday and bagged up a bunch of my still useable but not needable (my own word there) items.  I have a friend who is just getting into running but cannot afford all the necessary clothes so I figured I could pass it on to her.  My daughter (who is 12) saw the bag and said, "But I need some running clothes".

I replied, "These won't fit you".

"Oh yeah," she said.  "Well, I suppose you may get me something for Christmas anyway."  

First off, my baby girl wants running clothes for Christmas.  It makes a mama proud.  Big grin  Second, I was relieved that three of my gifts I purchased (one on a whim just an hour before our conversation) will be appreciated.  I had just bought her a capri pants running skirt from runningskirts.com because she's always complaining about her legs being cold , she's getting a running jacket, and her other gift is a hanger for her medals (and yeah, I'm getting a new one too cause mine is full).  

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys.  I got 8.37 miles in today, with the last mile uphill and at 15 seconds over MP.  I wasn't too hot on the run (it was only 28), but I was absolutely drenched when I got in.  That seems to be the trouble with winter running.  My clothes are soaked so I can't put them in the hamper, and then they just end up hanging all over the house to dry!

Julia...Glad to see your party was a success yesterday.  Nice job on the 13 miles too.  Have you plugged your 8k time into any of the calculators, like McMillan, to see what it spits out for an MP?

Jodi...Wow, that's a lot of sickness running around.  Good luck getting everybody healthy for a change.  Nice job on the 8.

Scott...That's great news that your foot is feeling better.  I can see why you wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of seeing the doc (although, if I had my lab coat on still, I'd have sent you).  Isn't the whole point of dropping a few pounds to make eating like a horse over the holidays totally acceptable?

Hill...Hope the recovery miles went well.

Mark...Good work with the 9.  The real question with those temps is, "was the sun out?"  That seems to make such a huge difference to how I feel.

CC...looks like you've been playing it smart with a few rest days post-race...nice job.  That'll be nice having personal pacers for your next race.

Docket...I like how you phrased that about running some this morning and more later.  Normal people would think you were crazy.

Joe...Glad you're feeling recovered and had a good run.  Your trail race sounds like something out of the tv show Justified.

Pressing...Ahh, lost Garmin = not good.  Just tell your husband that was default data on his new watch ha.  It'd be funny if your cat had it, turned it on, and then you could track all of the cat's data ha.  Sounds like a real running Christmas out there on the left coast - love it!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

SIAR, but we're not normal, right?Joking

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

D...not the slightest bit.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)