Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/18/2013 (Read 12 times)

Brains aint me forte

March:

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

CompetitiveChik - 3/23-24 - Texas Independence Day Relay

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Brains aint me forte

Good morning!  Another rest day for me today.  My legs are still very sore.  Walking helps them feel better so I will take the dogs for another mile or so again today.  I have some personals to reply to so I'll be back soon.

jojo61397

Rest day for me too.  Going to cross fit to stretch and roll my muscles.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Good morning.  Another rest day for me.  And, I have to go back to work.  Sad  Actually, I'm looking forward to sharing the news about the race with my co-workers.

My quads are sore - going down the stairs was not fun - but everything else feels okay.  Even my hamstring has stopped letting me know it's there.  I'm not sure how many days I'll take off.  I think my mind and body both need some rest.  I'm going to see if I can get a massage sometime this week and I might even try to take a trip out of town this weekend just to get away.

But, I am starting to think about new goals already.  Maybe another spring marathon.  Maybe taking a stab at sub-20 5K.  Maybe spending some time in the gym lifting weights.  But, I'm not feeling the need to sketch out a training schedule, yet.

Oh, and I went through the results and I was, in fact, 2nd place female master.  I missed the title by 41 seconds.  Grrr!  LOL!

Scott and JoJo, I hope the light exercise helps with the soreness.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

Morning, everyone! I will comment on RRs a little later (I did read them!), and I'll post mine later today too.

This is the best I've ever felt the day after a marathon. Soreness is there, but not much worse than I had at some points in training. I suspect it will be worse tomorrow, but I think I'm in for a quicker recovery this time, and the higher mileage may be what helped with that. I don't plan to run, but I do kind of have an urge to...however, I will keep it to walking these first few days.

Have a great day, everyone! I'll get back a little later once I've caught up on some stuff.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

wind chill was at zero, so 10 on the TM at near MP

3-6 inches of snow on the way starting tomorrow, yay!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  So the only racer we're missing is RVD, right?

Scott...Enjoy the rest for your weary legs.

Jodi...Stretch and roll sounds like a great plan.  Rest up.

Julia...Are the rest days killing you, or are you able to relax with them?  A massage sounds like a great plan.  I wanted to ask you if you had any other plans, but thought I'd wait until you brought it up.  It's exciting to see that you're thinking about more races already.  It'd also be very interesting to see your training change if you decided to focus on a 5k for a while.  Bummer about those 41 seconds!

Swift...Glad you're feeling good today.  Just listen to your body as far as getting back to running again.  Walking sounds like a good idea too though.

Marco...Damn winter.  I really don't think I could run MP miles on the TM...nice work.

Docket...Sorry it wasn't the race you were hoping for.  I haven't done it before, but I can see how doing a destination race like that would be tough.  Your body could have just been shocked by the few days without running out there, and all the sight seeing and stuff too.

I'm looking to get in a double today, and am hoping that I can at least get one of the two runs in outside.  It's pouring right now though.  Hoping for something like 14-18 miles.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jackdyl11

I had a busy weekend so didn't manage to get on here much.  I did manage to get in 14 with 10 at MP on Saturday, and a very slow 10 on Sunday.  The 10 at MP actually ended up faster than my goal pace by 7 seconds because I kept telling myself that I was in a downhill mile, and that I was going to lose time when the trail started going up again.  Then the trail never really went back up.  I didn't feel like I was running until the sixth mile, and I was holding back the whole way, so I was very happy with the run.  Today is just an easy 6.

Congratulations to all the racers this weekend! Enjoy some much deserved rest days!

Brains aint me forte

Jodi - Enjoy the crossfit. I hope your legs feel better than mine!

Julia - Sorry you are back in the office.  I'm working from home today.  Have you ever run MCM before? Registration opens in 9 days!

NTS - I'm glad you are feeling good today! Just another testament to your fitness level.

Marco - Good job getting those MP miles in on the TM! Yuck to the snow!

SIAR - Yes, we are still waiting to hear from RVD.  I hope his race went well!  Good luck getting your miles in today with the crummy weather.

Jack - It sounds like you had a great weekend of running.  You must be running some really solid splits to make note of coming in 7 seconds fast.  If I'm within 10 seconds of goal pace I'm usually surprised (and pleased).  Good work!

I realized today that that I negative split by 42 seconds! I think for the speedy folks, that much of a negative split indicates running the first half too conservatively but I'm thrilled.

jackdyl11

Scott - Thanks! I'm still getting used to the feel of marathon pace.  If I were to come in 7 seconds per mile faster than goal pace on a HMP run, it would hurt, but there's a bigger margin on MP.  I think I'm just realizing that MP has to be pretty easy.

Finally PRed!!!

Well, 7 sec/mile difference from planned MP on a training run was within my margin of error also, but I believe consistently running fast by about that much for much of my marathon was what cost me the BQ yesterday. It felt pretty easy in the race too,  which is why I kept doing it. Then all of a sudden by mile 18 it didn't seem easy, and by mile 22 and after it seemed impossible!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all...I had a great double today.  8 miles on the TM this morning, and then 12.1 miles tonight at 7:30 pace in my new Hoka Sinson Tarmac!  The Hokas are amazing.  You'd think they'd be clunky and slow by looking at them, but they're actually a very fast and responsive shoe.  The best thing is that my feet felt great after the run.

Jack...Nicely done with your MP miles over the weekend.  You had mentioned my last mile in your comment on my RR...I think it was actually a 5:43, but do you think that means I had too much left at the end?  I felt like I paced it pretty well with the back end being more uphill, but I also don't race much at shorter distance so can definitely improve.

Scott...I think that negative split is phenomenal, and I actually disagree about what you said regarding speedy folks.  I'm actually going to be aiming for a 2+ minute negative split in my marathon coming up.  I know Pfitz has a different theory, but there is a lot of research done that suggest that marathons should be negative split.

Swift...Great new pic!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Scott: I meant to mention that too about the negative split. I'm not one of the speedy ones, but I think that a negative split by that small of a difference is great. Especially since the hill was in the first half of your race.

Julia1971

Watching the Biggest Loser finale.  Cheering for Danni or Jackson to win.

Swift, I'm looking forward to your race report.  And, I think high mileage does help with post-race DOMS.

Marco, That sounds like a killer workout.  Nice job.

SIAR, I'm totally enjoying the rest days.  I'm guessing I have at least 2 more in me.  I'm losing track of your shoes.  Is that two shoes that you're happy with now?

Jack, Sounds like you got a lot of good quality miles in this weekend.

Scott, I haven't done MCM but was planning on trying to get in.  I'm already in NYCM so I'm thinking I'll do MCM, which is the week before, for time.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jackdyl11

NTS - Good point.  I should print that out and tape it to my watch on race day.  That's also a good point you made about weight.  I think I raced best when I was a few pounds lighter than I find myself right now, although I think I've been below my optimal weight too.  I'm sorry your race didn't go like you'd planned!  It's rough when you see your goal  disappearing ahead of you and you can't do anything about it.  At least you were closer to getting your pace right this time!

Well, 7 sec/mile difference from planned MP on a training run was within my margin of error also, but I believe consistently running fast by about that much for much of my marathon was what cost me the BQ yesterday. It felt pretty easy in the race too,  which is why I kept doing it. Then all of a sudden by mile 18 it didn't seem easy, and by mile 22 and after it seemed impossible!