Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/19/12 (Read 166 times)

Julia1971

December:

CompetitiveChik - 12/23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 12/29 - iRun Half Marathon

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

I went straight from work to happy hour yesterday, so didn't get to check in...  The medium run went well.  The stiffness in my legs went away after a few miles.  It was a beautiful day - about 50 degrees - and we're in for another mild one today.  But, I just heard the weatherman say winter arrives on Friday.  Oh dear.  On tap for today: a 6 mile recovery run with some strides.  I'm also going to work on tweaking my training plan for the next phase.  I'm loosely following Pfitz 18/85 and one of the things I want to tailor is the tempo runs.

Lunch with my staff was good.  At one point, they started talking about worst jobs and craziest bosses and I'm thinking, "Please don't say me".  But, one of them assured me that I wasn't a bad boss.  I should have scanned the table to see if the sentiment was shared by everyone...  And happy hour was good.  It was with my best friend from field hockey.  She introduces me as her "fast running friend" and brags about my times.  I think she's prouder of them than I am.

I'm going to take my holiday cards to work and hope I can find an hour today to finish them.  I also realized my sister is coming to visit on Friday.  She's a neat freak and my place is a mess, so, I need to start cleaning this place up.  And, I haven't done any holiday shopping.  I asked my brother what my nieces might want and he said he got them everyone on their list.  Any gift ideas for a 6 and 8 year old who already have everything?

Bad Ass

Morning!  Work was busy yesterday, so I didn't run.  I'll run tonight, if I have time.  Busy time of year!

Julia, enjoy the recovery run.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 13.1 MLR starting in a still 37 degrees... nice. Took a while to warm up though. (Once I went 13, I had to do a half marathon.)

Good morning Julia and Docket. Hope your runs go well.

Julia - my 6 year old loves her stuffed Om Nom (a character from a game "cut the rope") which I bought for $10 on ebay. She also loves My Little Pony and most stuffed animals. I hate the clutter when we have too many, but they are always gifts that she loves and plays with for a long time. 

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

jojo61397

Not a lot of time for personals, this is the get s$*& done day today.  Rest day, cleaning day, packing day.  Probably won't be on after Thursday, so if I don't come on happy holidays!  Hope everyone has safe travels.  We are driving to Minneapolis early, early Friday.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Just B.S.

Morning everyone. Today may be my first time on the treadmill since last January. I was able

to keep it under 10 times last year because we had such a mild winter, by our standards.

The rain/snow combo of last night turned into more snow and freezing rain. The roads are snow

and ice covered. Yuck.  The snow plows woke us up at 4am...double yuck

Julia, if you sister is a neat freak you should let her clean up your place!LOL

Mark, D, Jo, have a good day! Hello to all other Dailies folk!

Busy day here, making cranberries scones and gingerbread, shopping in the city and, lunch with a

friend, getting Christmas tree etc etc

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: have a good recovery run.

DR: hope you get to run tonight.

mark: nice job with the 13.1.

jojo: have a safe trip to MN and happy holidays.

I'm planning a run alternating miles @ ~10 sec slower than 10KP with miles @ 10 sec faster than MP. Not sure how many miles of this I'll try to do, will be my first time doing the workout, so I'll have see how it goes. Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Bad Ass

Morning everyone. Today may be my first time on the treadmill since last January. I was able

to keep it under 10 times last year because we had such a mild winter, by our standards.

The rain/snow combo of last night turned into more snow and freezing rain. The roads are snow

and ice covered. Yuck.  The snow plows woke us up at 4am...double yuck

Julia, if you sister is a neat freak you should let her clean up your place!LOL

Mark, D, Jo, have a good day! Hello to all other Dailies folk!

Busy day here, making cranberries scones and gingerbread, shopping in the city and, lunch with a

friend, getting Christmas tree etc etc

Is it time to send you my address?  LOL.

Did I mention today is the office Christmas party?  We are the third biggest office in the US but we are going to a tiny restaurant for lunch.  Should be fun!

Blog

Bad Ass

Oops, where are my manners.

mark, not to swift, Jodi, morning!  Hope your respective days/runs go well.

Blog

Mostly Harmless

Good Morning folks.  I got in a rare before work run today.  I have plans for lunch and I need to some Christmas shopping after work so I decided to get in my 8 miles on the treadmill at the gym. Knowing how much I hate running on a treadmill, I packed a sweatshirt, gloves and a hat in case I decided to bail.

I was doing fine for a few miles and then noticed my left knee getting sore.  I managed to hang in there until I got to 6 miles and just couldn't take it anymore.  I'm sure the people at the gym thought I was nuts when I stopped the treadmill, put on my warmer clothes and dashed out the door.  The knee pain went away as soon as I got off the TM and didn't return as I finished the last 2 miles outside.  It's a little sore now though so I'm icing it down at my desk.  I'm glad tomorrow is a RD.

Julia - Glad the party went well and your team doesn't think you suck.  Always good to hear positive feedback!

Damaris - I can't imagine you taking two rest days in a row, so enjoy your run tonight. ;-)

Mark - Good job on the early HM!

Jodi - Congrats on your awesome 20 yesterday!  Enjoy the RD and safe travels to MN.

BS - I'll send you my address too. We are already running low on cookies and gingerbread sounds awesome.

NTS - That sounds like an interesting workout.  I'd like to hear how that goes.

Backtracking....

Marco - Good job getting in the miles in that kind of weather!

RVDowning - Thanks for translating!

SIAR - Hi!

Pressing - Out and backs used to be my insurance policy that I would get all my miles in.  Like you said, it's hard to call it quits when you are 10 miles out!

Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Scott, the treadmill can be weird like that.  I hope the pain doesn't come back.

Swift, good luck with the new fancy workout.

Just B.S., I love that idea!  The last time she visited, I kept noticing things were where they were supposed to be.  She was subtlely reorganizing things to be where she thought they should be.  LOL!

JoJo, safe travels and happy holidays!

Docket_Rocket, you like to stay busy, huh?  Have a good one!

Mark, thanks for the suggestion.  Since I don't have kids of my own, I tend to be clueless about this stuff.  When I was asking my brother about where he got one of the presents, he said, "Um, Toys R Us".  I felt like an idiot.

SIAR, from yesterday, I sometimes use compression when I don't have ice handy.  I wore a sleeve over my knee for most of the day yesterday.  Not sure if it helps but I figure it can't hurt...  I am managing to get the miles in.  It'll be hard over the next few days with the holidays.  My family doesn't really understand how the running thing.  When they think, "go for a run", they think a mile or two.  So, they don't get that I mean I'm going to be gone for 2 hours and that it's not really fun to run lap after lap around their neighborhood.

CompetitiveChik

Today was the track workout. got up for 8 and just wasn't feelin it. I was nauseous, hungry and tired. Stepped outside and it was super humid/muggy. terrible runnin weather. I would have rather had dallas weather this morning. anyways I wanted to calli t quits after a few miles but stuck it out till 5. by then I was beginning to feel better so I toughed it out till 8. came home and took a nap. I was spent.

now Im runin later for work, so I gotta git.

happy runnin hump day everyone

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hey all!  Posting quickly before I read and do personals.  I'm a little behind schedule this a.m. and need to get ds his bfst before the bus arrives.  I wound up running on my own yesterday.  My coach had snow at her place too and she didn't want us slipping doing speed work so she cancelled.  She's not much for running in cold.  Ha ha.  I think she reverted to her treadmill.  I ended up driving into town where there wasn't snow, just sleet'sh rain and 36 degree temp.  Instead of speed I ran lots of hills.  That's about all one can run in town.  Hills.  So, I felt like I still worked at a hard effort.  Yesterday evening my kids and I met some friends and their kids and we all went Christmas Caroling around town.  It was so much fun.  We had 7 adults and 20 +  kids.  It was so much fun.  

I have an SRD today.  Well, core/balance/strength for 30 minutes but that's all.  Kids have a half day today and then they are off for Christmas break.  Gotta figure out how to do my 16 miler tomorrow.  I'm going to have to double out and back it so I'm not too far from home at any one time in case I get a call from dd.

Okay!  I'll be back for personals later.  

Just a slow 4 on the treadmill before work this morning on this Hansons' Program SRD.  I don't like taking days off, so I'd rather just do something to keep the feet moving and burn a couple of calories. Tomorrow will be 2wu+6@MP+2cd.  Guess I'll try to start around 0430 to miss the rain that is expected for rush hour.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Julia - hahahha... I rarely go there but they do have a lot of toys, of course. I've had good luck online and I live in an area where larger chain stores just aren't. 

CC - Ouch... Good job toughing it out... that would have been difficult. Runners are a tough group and I'm even beginning to include myself in that (although I think my 6 year old daughter might be able to take me).

Pressing - Good job getting out there and getting it done. Wow, I've not done caroling in... many decades.

RVD - I'm with you on trying to do something each day. For others, it may be different, but for me, it's just too easy to make too many exceptions in a row.

Good day to you all.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html