Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/8/13 (Read 14 times)

Julia1971

April:

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 4/13 - SunFest 5K

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

I'm taking the morning off but am going to bring clothes in to work.  If I get the time, I'll try to do a short shake out run during lunch today.  I'm not feeling too sore.  Just a bit dehydrated.

JackDyl11, Congrats on getting elite seeding for the marathon!  That's fantastic.

Run the mile you are in.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning friends!  In the battle for my time between feeding my running obsession hobby and life, life won last weekend by a knockout!  I spent all day Friday and Saturday and half of Sunday painting and staining my deck.  I managed to get in a 3 mile run Sunday morning but that's it since the double I ran last Thursday.

Today the weather is gorgeous and I've already let life know that as soon as I get off work I'm headed to the C&O for a 10 miler.

Congrats to Jack and Julia on their fantastic races yesterday.  I was thinking about you guys and sending speedy vibes your way as I was staining the deck Sunday morning.

NTS - I found those two pounds you lost.  They're on my waistline!  I hope I can lose them too.

Jodi - Congrats on your second successful race as RD!

Damaris - I hope the new kicks work out.

SIAR - I hope you're feeling stronger today.

Marco - Are you nervous for Boston at all?  You seem like a pretty cool customer.

Jen - I hope your taper is going well. Are you back to work yet or still enjoying some time off?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Julia - Can you add two races for me please?

imnotscott - 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

imnotscott - 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

The White Oak Classic is the race hosted by my agency.  I'm not really a 5K runner but I have to run this one.  Registration is only $10 and I get to run it on the clock.  It's always the same weekend as Frederick so I have to treat it as an easy run. Last year I got sucked in and ended up running too fast but it didn't seem to impact my HM.  This year I will try to be more disciplined.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

7.5 done at njear MP.  I think I better slow down a bit.  It's a typical Monday with way too much at work.  It doesn't help that I will miss three days next week.

Scott--I am pretty confident of meeting my goal. Two years ago, I ran by myself and had virtually no interaction with anyone leading up to the start.  I am going to meet a lot of people and hope to run with a small group.  I usually am really nervous and for some reason, calm down an hour or two before the start.

Haven't been on since Friday morning, so here is a recap of my weekend runs:  Friday night at the local HS track I had 2wu+8PR+2cd.  The progression part starts at MP+50 and goes to MP, then to HMP and then to 10k pace.  That 10k pace mile at mile 10 of the run damn near killed me but I held on.

Saturday was just a relaxing 8 miles.

Sunday was 3wu+10MP+2cd and ended up doing the MP portion at MP - 0:07 and was comfortable.  So, whatever funk I've been in the past week or so seems to be done and I'm back in the saddle.  I'll do an easy 8 on the greenway after work.  Gotta take advantage of this gorgeous weather!.

Just ordered a couple pair of running shoes, LEMS Primal 1 (Brown) and Primal 2 (Black).  They are supposed to be the most comfortable shoes around and many people also use them for their regular shoes.  They are minimalist shoes.  Curious to see what kind of mileage I can get out of them.  For my long run yesterday I wore my Mizuno Wave Unverse 3 which are now up to 1178 miles and still going strong.  I almost feel like 'm being cheated because I don't have a good excuse to go out and buy new shoes as often as most.

jojo61397

Morning all, running late today.  DH is gone flying for a few days.  Going to cross fit and running this morning Smile.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights tonight.

Julia, hope you enjoy your morning off.    Can you add the SunFest 5K for me on 04/13?  Thanks!

JackDyl, that's awesome news!  Congratulations!

Scott, you gotta do what you gotta do.  Good strength workout, I guess.

marco, hope work slows down a bit.  When do you leave?

RVD, great workouts!  When is your next marathon again?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Jojo, hello!

Blog

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Julia, Scott, Marco, RVD, Jodi, and Docket-

I forgot to reset my alarm for my weekday wakeup time and overslept.  So it is an URD for me today.  I'm really happy with last week though -  30.4 miles, first time over 30 in a long time.  And I don't feel nearly as beat up today as I expected.  Yesterday was supposed to be 5 miles at a recovery pace.  Instead, it was 5 miles at MP + 10s.  I think my goal for the year is to learn how to pace myself!

Julia, great job on the race yesterday!

Scott, staining the deck = cross training. Enjoy your 10.

Marco, good job on the 7.5.

RVD, nice job on the workouts this weekend.  That's alot of miles on one pair of shoes!

Jodi, enjoy the cross fit and run.

Docket, have a nice 5.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

RVD, great workouts!  When is your next marathon again?

Next one is the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon on May 11.  This isn't a trail marathon, but rather is named after the Lake Wobegon Trail.  It is run on a paved Rails-to-Trails course with an asphalt surface.

BTW, they would like to call it the Lake Wobegon Marathon, but there is a copyright issue with the name "Lake Wobegon."  They are waiting to become a bit more established before pursuing the name change.

Damaris--Plan is to drive to Portland (4 hrs) on Saturday.  Catch train to Boston Sunday morning ( 2hours).  Go to expo Sunday afternoon and sightsee.  Pasta dinner of some sort Sunday night.  PR on Monday.  Eat and drink way too much on Monday night.  Stay and sightsee until Tuesday afternoon and start return trip that evening.

Bad Ass

Sounds like a plan.  Do you mind sharing your bib # so we can stalk you?

Damaris--Plan is to drive to Portland (4 hrs) on Saturday.  Catch train to Boston Sunday morning ( 2hours).  Go to expo Sunday afternoon and sightsee.  Pasta dinner of some sort Sunday night.  PR on Monday.  Eat and drink way too much on Monday night.  Stay and sightsee until Tuesday afternoon and start return trip that evening.

Blog

Bad Ass

Thanks!

Blog