Daily Runner - 4/22/13 (Read 13 times)

Bad Ass

Hi, SIAR!

marco, good news!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Got 5 recovery miles in after work.  My legs felt like tree trunks but otherwise it was a good run.  I'm going to try not to stay up too late.  And, I'm working my way through my Tivo queue rather than watching CNN.

I got my passport application mailed today.  Whoo hoo!

Marco, Glad to hear the EKG went fine.

RVD, Sounds like you had a fabulous run yesterday.

Hilltopper, It was 40 degrees out this morning here!  That was probably the real reason I didn't want to run.  LOL!  I haven't heard of that stretching technique but I'll check it out when I get a chance...  And, it's nice to toss some speedwork in, isn't it?

D_R, You got a lot done today, although you always do...  Yay!  Look forward to meeting you.  Did you read about the Dopey challenge?  I thought about it but then saw how expensive it was and changed my mind...  Thanks for the tip re staying on the property.  I'm not sure what my friend is planning but 9 months in advance seems like a lot.

Pressing, Hope you got your run in and ds feels better soon.

Scott, It's funny when that happens - crappy runs turn out to be enjoyable.  Glad you got the miles in.

JoJo, Enjoy the time with your husband.

SIAR, "Pretty standard stuff".  LOL!  Someone's ready for race day...  Ack!  Is it really only 6 days away?!  You must be in serious taper mode now...  Yes, last night I stayed up watching TAR after driving home from the beach for 3 hours.  Not sure why.  It's not a great season but I'm hoping we'll get a surprise winner and it won't be any of the usual front runners.

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Docket: Nice 5.

RVD: Nice MP miles yesterday and nice run this morning.

hill: Nice job with the fartleks.

Pressing: Sorry about your DS. Good idea to find a hilly route for your run.

Scott: Glad your run turned out good once you got going.

jojo: Enjoy the time with your DH.

SIAR: Nice 6.25. Race day is coming up soon for you, hope you're feeling good.

marco: Glad the test was fine.

Julia: Glad you got your recovery run in,

I got in an easy 4 at lunch, then tonight I went to a "Runners for Boston" run at one of the running stores. I got there a little early, so I got in 2 miles before it started. Then ran 2.62 miles with the group on a route with some good hills.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

I thought of the Dopey but that can only be fun with a friend, no?  So, I'm planning with marymary (fellow B&B forumite) whom I ran the HM this year (we parted ways for the marathon), and we want to do it together, outfits and all.  It just does not sound like fun for me to do so many races without somebody to just have fun with, no?

The Goofy is great.  You'll have a challenge training and racing it.  I did a PR on the HM and a lackluster 5:28 for the marathon on the first Goofy.  So this year I ran the HM with Mary and took lots of pictures and came in close to 3 hours, but race the marathon and missed a PR by 20 seconds.  So, you'll need a strategy.

Got 5 recovery miles in after work.  My legs felt like tree trunks but otherwise it was a good run.  I'm going to try not to stay up too late.  And, I'm working my way through my Tivo queue rather than watching CNN.

I got my passport application mailed today.  Whoo hoo!

Marco, Glad to hear the EKG went fine.

RVD, Sounds like you had a fabulous run yesterday.

Hilltopper, It was 40 degrees out this morning here!  That was probably the real reason I didn't want to run.  LOL!  I haven't heard of that stretching technique but I'll check it out when I get a chance...  And, it's nice to toss some speedwork in, isn't it?

D_R, You got a lot done today, although you always do...  Yay!  Look forward to meeting you.  Did you read about the Dopey challenge?  I thought about it but then saw how expensive it was and changed my mind...  Thanks for the tip re staying on the property.  I'm not sure what my friend is planning but 9 months in advance seems like a lot.

Pressing, Hope you got your run in and ds feels better soon.

Scott, It's funny when that happens - crappy runs turn out to be enjoyable.  Glad you got the miles in.

JoJo, Enjoy the time with your husband.

SIAR, "Pretty standard stuff".  LOL!  Someone's ready for race day...  Ack!  Is it really only 6 days away?!  You must be in serious taper mode now...  Yes, last night I stayed up watching TAR after driving home from the beach for 3 hours.  Not sure why.  It's not a great season but I'm hoping we'll get a surprise winner and it won't be any of the usual front runners.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."