JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

What time is it?  Where am I?  LOL!

Coffee's brewing and I'm getting ready for 15 this morning.  It looks like I have myself doubling today.  My cable is doing something weird firmware upgrade so I can't start my day with my favorite morning new show.  Grrr!

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. I have a SRD today. I was thinking about getting a few miles in at lunch but then I remembered that we have our monthly staff birthday lunch today. I missed the last one (to run) so I have to show up this time.  It's pretty cold and windy out there today anyway.

Julia - I hope your 15 goes well and you don't get blown away by the winds.

Hello to all that follow and I hope you all have a great day!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Morning Everyone!!! I was on here at 9:00 pm last night typing my replies to everyone for yesterday's happening

when the power went out. Never did come back on so I went to bed. I had laundry/packing and wands to make

for our costumes, which now all has to be done this morning. So I don't think I'll have time to go back and reread.

Here is what I did Monday/Tuesday. Was supposed to swim this morning but last night put me way behind so

I had to skip. Freezing rain here today followed by snow so my run later today will likely be on the treadmill.

After only 6 weeks back to swimming (35 years after I last really "swam") while at the same time marathon

training (swimming 4Xweek and running 4Xweek), and "doubling" at least 2xweek,  I think judging by today my

body has adjusted pretty well and I'm really happy about it (not bad for someone 51 I think)

In less than 20 hours I did........5 miles on the treadmill starting @ 8pm Monday night.    

1,400 yards in the pool @ 7:30 Tuesday morning 

Then at 3pm Tuesday, 7.5 miles....600 foot of climbing.....2.5 miles in the middle (on rollers) @ 9:07 pace..

..........total time 1:12

and it felt fantastic and really strong!! and it was sunny and 37F!!! So warm and beautiful compared to the

weather of the last 3 months.

I have to be very disciplined today......so much to do in advance of a week away and costumes stuff still to

finish, plus an appointment at 3pm today and fit in a run somewhere. Hopefully the power stays on all day

today.Roll eyes

Hope you all have a great day and I will be back to check in tonight!!

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Julia: Hope you had a good 15, and hope the other run goes well too.

Scott: Enjoy the SRD and the birthday lunch.

B.S.: Hope your power stays on and you can get everything done.

I have intervals at lunchtime and a 6 mile group run this evening.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

jojo61397

Julia--  Have a great 15 miles!

Just BS-- Nice job on the swimming, I don't know how you triathletes do it

NTS-- have a great twofer.

I'm running 8 miles this morning after I drop DS off at school.  I'm really really stressed out right now, I just don't know what to do...

For those that don't know, I work for Weight Watchers.  I have lost over 100 pounds using Weight Watchers-- I love the program, I love my job.  The demographics of FL, most of the members of weight watchers are about 30-40 years older than me, and many of the leaders are retiring.  I have taken on more hours with weight watchers, but I'm having issues getting child care.  I got my last months checks and even with the extra hours-- I'm making less than $500 a month.  Child care while my husband is deployed will cost me around $200 a month.  So with gas, child care, etc, I'm paying to work.  Because many of the members are older than me, and have children my age, they can be kind of condescending.  I'm contemplating quitting, my stress level is just too high for a low paying part time job.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

I'm back!  Despite the 15 mph winds and 25 mph gusts, I had a great run this morning.  Finished 15 miles in 8:17 pace. Shocked  It did feel hard at points but I wanted to get some fatigue back in my legs since I'm still 2 weeks away from my taper.  I don't want to peak too early.

Scott, The wind kind of surprised me.  I didn't realize it was going to be so bad today.  I think I'm getting used to this cold weather thing.  Just as a warming trend is supposed to hit.  Have a good rest day.

Just B.S., Hope you get everything done today.  Happy to see you're feeling strong and the weather is improving for you all.

Swift, Hope you run some speedy intervals today.

JoJo, You're really operating on a tight budget.  It must be tough trying to figure out what to do.  Good luck working it out.

I also stopped and took some pictures on my run.  It was beautiful watching the sun come up.  This was probably the best one - my crappy Blackberry won't zoom.  Washington Monument through a willow tree from the Virginia side of the Potomac River:

jojo61397

Julie-- it wouldn't be so tight if I didn't work lol...  I'm going to try to work this new schedule for a few months and see how it goes, and if it doesn't work out, oh well...

I had a WONDERFUL 8 miler today.  First mile was 9:15, the rest were in the 8:30s...  I have to credit cross training with this breakthrough.  I do cross fit 1-3 times a week, and it's really making a difference.  In the off season, I'm going to up it to 3-4 times a week, plus running.  I know it's too late for Georgia Publix Marathon, BUT next season I should be really busting 4 hours.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                  Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jackdyl11

Hello!

I had to work late last night and wasn't done sleeping when the alarm went off at 5 this morning, so, I still have 13 on tap for later.

Julia - You sound like me in the morning!  Good job on the run, and I love the pictures!  They make me nostalgic for when I used to live around there.  I liked running over the bridge towards the Lincoln memorial.  My first five mile run a few years ago was a great run past Arlington Cemetery, the Lincoln memorial and along the Potomac, past the Kennedy Center, up to the C&O cannal for a minute, then back over the bridge into Rosslyn and up that damn hill.  Now I want to go back down there and do it again!

Scott - Have fun at lunch!

BS - Hope the power stays on long enough for you to make wands!  Looks like you've had an awesome few days this week.

NTS - Good luck on the doubles.

Jojo - Good job on the 8 miles!! I'm sure it does have something to do with cross training.  When I can make myself keep up the core work for more than a few weeks I always get faster.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got my ladder workout in this morning, with this portion on the track:  1min, 2min, 3min, 2min, 1min, 2min, 3min...recovery time equal to the interval.  My paces ranged from 5:38 on the short ones to 5:57 on the long ones.  I was a touch too fast, but I liked that there was a good difference between the paces for each length.  It was also the first time I've really run anything but an easy run in my flats (Gel Tarther) for a while.  I just don't think I'm ready to race in them yet, but I'll try to work them in a little more.

10.02 miles for the day, with 3 easy miles on each side of the ladder.  The feels like temp was 3 and I had a good bit of ice on me at the end - fun stuff!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...Impressive dedication to be up so early to get your run in.  I'm guessing I would do it too, but I'm glad I don't have to find out on a regular basis.  That's really annoying when the cable does stuff like that.  I suppose the benefit of having not had cable was you didn't have to deal with the annoyances.  Did you start the new season of the Amazing Race?  I have to say that I'm kinda disappointed with the contestants this time.  Glad you had such a strong run...awesome picture too.

Scott...Birthday lunch, with requisite cake, sounds way better than messing with the winds and cold.  Enjoy your rest day.

Beth...Sorry about the power outage.  I get really frustrated when I lose a post on here!  You're really getting the workouts in these days...very impressive!  Good luck getting everything taken care of before your trip.  I'm jealous that you get some sunshine soon.

Swift...How'd the intervals turn out?  Enjoy your afternoon resting up before the evening run.

Jodi...Glad you had such a great run.  That probably felt really good given your work frustration.  It seems as though you've had some issues with WW the whole time you've been with them...not in that you don't believe in the program or like doing, but more with the other people and their personalities/problems.  I don't know, I guess at some point it just becomes not worth it.

Jack..I like that phrasing...not done sleeping.  I don't know if I ever really feel done sleeping!  Good luck squeezing the 13 in later on.

Forgot to mention that I have 5 more with the running group tonight.  That's always one of the highlights of my running week.  Even though it's cold and windy I'm sure there will a great crowd too, which is pretty cool in my book.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

CompetitiveChik

Hey all, I got in 6.25 miles of speed work then some cardio on the llipty, stairmaster and stationary bike. super tired right now. blah!

super stoked about my marathon. my plan right now is to go for a 3:50 and it's lookin like weather MIGHT cooperate. (but I'm not gettin too excited just yet).

well, I gotta git back to work. boss will be out in a minute to check on me. c ya

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Very busy today but just wanted to swing by and yell hello!  Planning on 4-5 miles tonight.

Go, Rachel, go!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Ended up doing the lunchtime run more like a fartlek run instead of going for specific distances and pace, as it was still a bit windy. I feel like it served its purpose of getting just a little bit of faster running in. Paces ranged from around 7:20 for 0.25 miles to 7:50-ish for 0.73 (a lot of that one was into wind). Legs were pretty rubbery on cooldown run back.

I'll try to check back in later after the group run and do more shoutouts...

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

CompetitiveChik

Hi, guys.  Very busy today but just wanted to swing by and yell hello!  Planning on 4-5 miles tonight.

Go, Rachel, go!

You'll have to yell louder. I can't hear you. hehe

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon