October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

T.G.I.F.!

6 mile recovery run on tap for me this morning.  I need to take it very easy today since I'm racing a 10 miler tomorrow.  It's a club run on a tough course and my legs are pretty tired from the 80 mile weeks, so I'm not expecting great things.  I went to bed at a reasonable hour last night so I'm feeling pretty rested today.  Oddly, my feet feel like they cramped up overnight, so I'm going to stretch those out a bit before heading out.

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Julia: Have a nice recovery run today and a good race tomorrow!

SRD for me today.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Morning!  I am so glad it's Friday!  5 recovery miles and weights tonight.

Julia, enjoy the recovery run.

swift, enjoy your rest day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Hello folks.  5 recovery for me today during my lunch hour.  I ran 10 yesterday afternoon after work at a surprisingly quick pace.  I give the credit for that to two things. The first is I had to pass through a pretty rough neighborhood to the hills I wanted to hit and the second is a pretty urgent call from nature the last 5 miles.

Julia - Thanks for getting us started again.  Best of luck in your race tomorrow!

NTS - Enjoy your SRD.  Based on your post from last night, it sounds like a scheduled rest day is right on time.

Damaris - Enjoy your recovery miles tonight.  I'm glad the run last night went better than expected.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

Julia, nice job on the high mileage.  Good luck tomorrow.

NTS, enjoy your rest day.

Docket, have a nice recovery run tonight.

Scott, have a nice recovery run.  Good job on the 10 yesterday - I guess a pit stop in the bad neighborhood was out of the question.

6 easy miles for me today with 2 x 8s hill sprints in the middle.  Now I'm off to Dunkin Donuts with DS2 for our Friday morning breakfast tradition.  He calls it our "secret breakfast" and won't talk about it in front of DS1 because he doesn't want him to feel bad.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

CompetitiveChik

Ack! Good Mornin Runnin Peeps.

Sorry it's been so long since my last check in. I've been runnin. Got my last long run done while up in dallas. it was a doozy too.

I'll be goin out after work for some miles. not sure how far but will likely be 8.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hey all!

Julia - Hope the run is nice and easy today and you can kill it tomorrow!

Swift - Saw your post yesterday. Good idea to maybe ease off some of those runs you've been running too fast. It's so easy to run them faster than easy pace.

Damaris - Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy Friday!

Scott - I suppose those two things would make one run faster though I suppose the 2nd one could always slow you to a dead stop if it got urgent enough. Smile

Hill - Good job on the hill sprints. Sounds like a great workout. My dh and ds have bfst Saturday's. I think those dad/kid dates are really important.

CC - Glad you enjoyed Dallas. Enjoy the run today.

I've got a recovery swim scheduled today.  I've loved swimming after long runs.  It really feels good to stretch the whole body out and get the blood moving without pounding the legs.  That said, my 20 miler was done without IT Band pain.  I utilized walk breaks so perhaps that helped?  What I think it didn't help with was my mental stability.  It was hard to get running again after each walk.  Plus, I dressed for cold and sunny weather but the sun heated things up more than I expected.  I was sweating like it was summer.  Then I ran into a headwind at miles 13-17.  Not sure where it came from but it was enough to force me to tighten my hat and put my head down.  Yuck.  All that to say it was a tough run to finish but finish I did so I'm happy.

Hi to everyone yet to check in!

Have an easy 8 miler scheduled.  I'll be heading out in a half hour or so.  I just noticed that my last off day was Nov 28th, so I guess that means I have a "streak" going, though I don't really view it as such.  The Hansons' schedule I'm following just has one SRD per week, on Wednesdays, but I do an easy 4 mile treadmill recovery run on those days.  I think I do better by doing a little something instead of taking the day totally off.  Plus, it helps bump my weekly mileage a bit.

Also, I notice that if one goes over to Reports on the left, one can see how many miles everyone has run, etc.  But that Reports list is only for people in this User Group.  Is there to see a "Master List" of miles for everyone on Running Ahead, or can it only be done by User Group?

Mostly Harmless

I decided to take a URD instead of the recovery run today.  I'm feeling a bit run down and I have my first 20 of this training tomorrow morning so I'm going to listen to my body and rest.

PressingOn

RV - Sounds like a streak, sure enough.  Enjoy the 8.  Hmmm ... my miles are gonna look pretty lousy since I only just started using the log and haven't transported anything over.

Scott - Resting today sounds like a good plan.

I managed to get 2500 yards at the pool today.  That's the most I've done yet.  Only 800 of it was a solid straight swim though.  The rest was broken up into 100 and 200 yard intervals.

Where is everyone today?  It's quiet on here.

Mostly Harmless

Any SIAR sightings? Last I saw he was sick. I hope he's ok.

CompetitiveChik

decided to RD for me. gonna get up early tomorrow for my run. I cant do that if I run tonight

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

CC - Have fun tomorrow morning.  What time are ya getting up.  If I recall, early to you is pretty darn early.

Scott - Hmm, not sure where SIAR is.  Hope he's not still sick.

SIAR, you around?  Hopefully you are playing golf or with family and not sick.

Finally PRed!!!

hill: nice run, love the "secret breakfast".

Pressing: yes, it is easy to run too fast on easy runs, especially since the legs felt good at the time (probably not far enough into training for the soreness to have built up) and I was running with groups, some of which were pretty fast (though I think some of the people also aren't putting in the mpw I am). I will just have to be more disciplined on those. Great job with your 20 in tough conditions. Getting started after a walk is always hard, but it can be good practice if you have to walk any water stops in the race. That's great that swimming after is so helpful

Scott: smart to take a RD.

Hope SIAR is feeling better.

I'm going to bed early tonight to get plenty of sleep before the group run tomorrow. It's only 8 this time, so I may run a bit faster on purpose if the legs feel good--think the RD today is doing some good. Maybe I'll put a little Tiger Balm on too.

'Night all.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20