Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/27/12 (Read 142 times)

Julia1971

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Wakey, wakey!  Good morning, everyone!

On tap for me: 14 mile medium run in to work.  I'm having a hard time getting motivated today.  I think I could have used a couple more hours of sleep.  As my mileage increases, I should probably start going to bed earlier.  I envy people who can wake up and head out the door for their run.  It takes me a good hour to really wake up in the morning...  I'm still undecided about doing a race on NYE.  I'm scheduled to work that day and am not sure I could get to the race on time.  I mostly want to do it because they give us a hoodie instead of a shirt.  Smile  If I don't do that race, then, I'm thinking of doing a 10 miler on January 5th.  It's a club race, so I should probably go ahead and register.  But, I may not run it if the weather is bad that day.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Morning!  No need to yell!  Blast, I'm already awake! :-D

5 miles tonight with the running group.  Super sore from the weights yesterday.

Julia, enjoy your 14.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

I've got 6-7 miles on tap this morning.  Before this year, I have never run more than 1,000 miles in a year.  I'm at 1,997.7 right now for 2012.  Big milestone today.

Julia, I hear what you're saying about the mornings. I usually wake up early...around 4:30.  But I spend at least an hour drinking coffee before heading out.

Docket, enjoy your 5 miles with the group later.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Julia: hope you're having a great 14.

Docket: enjoy your 5 with the group tonight.

hill: hope you have a good 6-7. Congrats on the mileage!

I'm planning 10 or so today. Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Just B.S.

Morning everyone! A run of some type today, not sure how far at this point.

Last day with our boy homeSad Although by the looks of the winter storm coming our way he

may not get to fly out tomorrow, which is fine with me!LOL School doesn't start until the 9th

anyway.

D.R., Running group? I have always seen you say  ran alone, when did you decide to start running

with a group?

Hill, great milestone indeed! Congrats!

NTS, good morning, enjoy your run!

Hello to all that follow!

CompetitiveChik

ab ripper x and maybe some yoga depedning on how much time I have

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Good morning,

Squeezed in a little less than 9 before the snow came.  It started 30 minutes after I finished and we are getting hammered right now.  Should make the drive to a funeral and the one home a bit interesting.  However, both are less than 3 miles from work.

Damaris--Hope work is easy for you.  It takes days for me to get the soreness out after starting the pushup regimen....AGAIN.  I can't miss a day or the soreness returns.

Julia--Good luck on the 14.  It takes me about 30 minutes to go through my morning routine.  I am envious of you having all of those options for racing.

Hill--Big congrats on smashing the mileage PR!

nts--have a good 10

Wimped out and switched today's and tomorrow's runs.  I was scheduled for 2wu+2(2m@1/2MPw0.5mr)+2cd today and just 6 tomorrow, but the weather was cold and windy so I just did 6 on the treadmill at work.  Tomorrow afternoon is supposed to get into the 50s, so I'll do my long intervals then, after work.

Just B.S.

Good morning,

Squeezed in a little less than 9 before the snow came.  It started 30 minutes after I finished and we are getting hammered right now.  Should make the drive to a funeral and the one home a bit interesting.  However, both are less than 3 miles from work.

Damn!! I better get out now then! Should be starting here anytime based on that.

Bad Ass

I've belonged to this running group for years.  I still run alone.  The running group only meets at the start and runs together...except I cannot run that fast so I always run alone anyway.  LOL.

Morning everyone! A run of some type today, not sure how far at this point.

Last day with our boy homeSad Although by the looks of the winter storm coming our way he

may not get to fly out tomorrow, which is fine with me!LOL School doesn't start until the 9th

anyway.

D.R., Running group? I have always seen you say  ran alone, when did you decide to start running

with a group?

Hill, great milestone indeed! Congrats!

NTS, good morning, enjoy your run!

Hello to all that follow!

Blog

Julia1971

(Posting from my Blackberry so I'm not sure how this will look.) The run went well. It was very windy, though. When I got to work, I joked with someone that I could have just put my arms out and get blown into work rather than running... Docket_Rocket, that was the caffeine typing. You should see me when I have coffee right before a race. It's insanity. Hilltopper, glad I'm not alone... Congrats on hitting the milestone (almost). Swift, good luck with the 10. Just B.S., sorry it's the last day with your son. There will be another break soon. Marco, glad to hear you got the run in before the snow.

thinkin about glory days

7 miles done. 2,004.7 and counting for the year.  Did anyone get any good running gear for Christmas?

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Just B.S.

Just B.S., sorry it's the last day with your son. There will be another break soon. Marco, glad to hear you got the run in before the snow.

Julia, glad you run went well, despite the wind!

Unfortunately we only get to see him 3 times/year..so it will be another 5 or 6 months until the next time

...Christmas, a week in the summer and about once a year we fly to visit him and/or drive up but it's 12 hours

each way so we prefer to fly...

...it's about $600 for a return flight so we spend about  $2,500-$3,000 year flying him home or us up and with

the cost of housing/tuition  well........I would love to see him every few months but  it's just too expensive

Hill, good work!!!  It ordered hubby a Road ID and of course ordered one for myself as well.

I got a running jacket but my main gift is my girls only trip in Feb for the Disney Princess Half Marathon and 5 days

in Florida to escape the cold Canadian winter. Hubby was invited but he said he didn't think he could stand that

much estrogen in one place!LOL 56 days and counting!

Bad Ass

Julia, please remove my HM.  It appears to have been canceled and rumor has it that it was a scam, even though they used the LRS name and everything.  Not very happy to have lost $ but I'll find another race for this weekend.

Blog