not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Good morning,

Outside training today, so will be battling the black flies while trying to learn something and improve skills.

Hope to go for a short run this evening.

Beth--I did get a chance to skim your RR and am looking forward to reading it slower later.

Yesterday's doctor visit went well.  BP meds do not need tweaking.  Cholesterol good.  Heart murmur should not be an issue.

Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me today.

Marco, if you have a chance, please add me to the 05/18 calendar with the Women for Women 10K.  Nothing major, just a fun race.  Enjoy the short run later!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Good morning folks. Yesterday I had slight change of plans and ended up dropping off the car for service (needed to leave it so they could check A/C), catching a ride back to the office and then I ran from the office back to the dealer at 5:00. Unfortunately it was 87 degrees in bright sun with absolutely no wind ... oh, and my lack of discipline with pace ended up with running the 6 miles too fast. I generally don't do well with running in the heat and last night had that "oh crud" feeling afterwards. I'm feeling better after a good night's sleep and have 9 on the schedule for this evening.

marco59- I sooo dislike black flies/deer flies ... good luck with that outdoor training session. That's great news on the doc apt and it sounds like you got the clean bill of health.

Docket_Rocket- Have a good SRD and try to stay cool/dry ...

From yesterday...

SIAR- No worries on the "slow discussions" over here on the dailies. I figure lots of folks have already hit their spring goal race and that means training talk will have less "fervor" as folks recover and have down time.

Julia1971- So, did you manage to stay up til midnight & get registered? Hopefully you're not too sleepy this morning and feel better as well today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Julia1971

Good morning!

I got in to the Army Ten Miler!  I did my best to stay up until midnight.  I must have fallen asleep at 10:30/11ish, but I woke up again at 12:30ish.  I panicked a little when I had trouble registering at first.  But then, I switched browsers and even though it was still slow, I was able to register.  I checked their Facebook page and it looks like it was taking people 40-45 minutes to register.  Shocked  Crazy.

I am a little tired today but was planning to call in sick today anyway.  I need to get away from those people.  LOL!  I have high hopes for actually some things done - grocery shopping? a trip to Home Depot?  The possibilities are endless.  And, I'm having happy hour tonight with some field hockey friends, so there will be fun times with friends, too.

First, I'm supposed to do 10 miles.

Marco, Glad to hear the doctor's visit went well.  I think I mentioned before that I have a heart murmur, too.  Just curious - has your doctor or cardiologist ever told you to do anything different when running?  Mine never have but I read a long time ago that it's a good idea to stay hydrated which is why I run with so much water in the summer.  Wondering if I should switch to drinking to thirst.

D_R, Is Women to Women a women only race?  Or women majority?  Even the Nike race I ran had a small percentage of men.

Bruce, Wow, it got hot where you live pretty fast?  87, huh?  It's still only about 60 here.  I'm actually going to run in a long sleeve.  Glad the night's sleep finds you rested.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

RVD...Did I miss how you did in the race??  You don't really get into the whole downtime or taking it easy thing huh?  I guess we all have to know what works for us though, and it sounds like you do.

SIAR:  I targeted 4:15:00 and came in at 4:13:40, so I was happy with that.  The race was Saturday and I took Sunday off.  Just did a slow 3 on the treadmill Monday and 10 on the greenway Tuesday.  Guess I'll do another 10 on the greenway again today.  Two weeks before the 20 week 60 - 80 mpw schedule starts, so in the meantime I'm just enjoying some non-lethal training runs.

Bad Ass

The only time I have done it, entirely women.  The men wear hula skirts and serve water at the water stations and cute firefighters give you a medal at the end.

Good morning!

I got in to the Army Ten Miler!  I did my best to stay up until midnight.  I must have fallen asleep at 10:30/11ish, but I woke up again at 12:30ish.  I panicked a little when I had trouble registering at first.  But then, I switched browsers and even though it was still slow, I was able to register.  I checked their Facebook page and it looks like it was taking people 40-45 minutes to register.  Shocked  Crazy.

I am a little tired today but was planning to call in sick today anyway.  I need to get away from those people.  LOL!  I have high hopes for actually some things done - grocery shopping? a trip to Home Depot?  The possibilities are endless.  And, I'm having happy hour tonight with some field hockey friends, so there will be fun times with friends, too.

First, I'm supposed to do 10 miles.

Marco, Glad to hear the doctor's visit went well.  I think I mentioned before that I have a heart murmur, too.  Just curious - has your doctor or cardiologist ever told you to do anything different when running?  Mine never have but I read a long time ago that it's a good idea to stay hydrated which is why I run with so much water in the summer.  Wondering if I should switch to drinking to thirst.

D_R, Is Women to Women a women only race?  Or women majority?  Even the Nike race I ran had a small percentage of men.

Bruce, Wow, it got hot where you live pretty fast?  87, huh?  It's still only about 60 here.  I'm actually going to run in a long sleeve.  Glad the night's sleep finds you rested.

Blog

Just B.S.

Thanks for the comments on the marathon guys.   I have never really thought too seriously about trying

for a sub 4 marathon, which is my BQ time, because I love my other sports so much.

BUT I am now thinking that if I can comfortably  PR by almost 10 minutes in one cycle ( 7 minutes

the previous cycle) and run a 4:10 on a 7 week plan of less than 40 mpw then another 10 minutes

shouldn't be such a stretch following a plan and putting in a few more miles over 12-16 weeks.

I am going to put some thought into how much I want the sub 4 as opposed to my desire to do a

1/2 Iron next summer. If I could get the sub 4 this fall that would be great and I could carry on with

my quest to be an IronWoman! LOL

TODAY:.     1 mile to day - took 49 minutes But since it was in the pool and I'm in marathon recovery

I don't feel like such a loser.Big grin

Long distance swimming is such excellent post marathon recovery. You can really stretch out the

body and get a great aerobic workout without stressing the legs at all.

Has anyone seen Pressing lately?

Marco, glad there is nothing to worry about.

Julia, sorry about the butthole coworkers!LOL

Docket, I must have missed something? I thought you hated short races and weren't doing them anymore?

Bruce, our weather patterns seemed very similar up until now! Still cool here.

Have a good day folks!

Mostly Harmless

Hey folks. Another busy day for me at work so no lunch hour run BUT I did come home and run 1 mile with my DW who has decided to give this whole running thing a try. She and I did a run/walk combination for 1.25 miles. Smile

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

I don't like short races but those are the only ones available from now until November and I need a couple of benchmarks before I start marathon training.

Thanks for the comments on the marathon guys.   I have never really thought too seriously about trying

for a sub 4 marathon, which is my BQ time, because I love my other sports so much.

BUT I am now thinking that if I can comfortably  PR by almost 10 minutes in one cycle ( 7 minutes

the previous cycle) and run a 4:10 on a 7 week plan of less than 40 mpw then another 10 minutes

shouldn't be such a stretch following a plan and putting in a few more miles over 12-16 weeks.

I am going to put some thought into how much I want the sub 4 as opposed to my desire to do a

1/2 Iron next summer. If I could get the sub 4 this fall that would be great and I could carry on with

my quest to be an IronWoman! LOL

TODAY:.     1 mile to day - took 49 minutes But since it was in the pool and I'm in marathon recovery

I don't feel like such a loser.Big grin

Long distance swimming is such excellent post marathon recovery. You can really stretch out the

body and get a great aerobic workout without stressing the legs at all.

Has anyone seen Pressing lately?

Marco, glad there is nothing to worry about.

Julia, sorry about the butthole coworkers!LOL

Docket, I must have missed something? I thought you hated short races and weren't doing them anymore?

Bruce, our weather patterns seemed very similar up until now! Still cool here.

Have a good day folks!

Blog

Julia--no, this was the first doctor that has said this and I have only seen him twice since he is new.  I went to a cardiologist several years ago due to irregular heartbeat

7.75 done in the VFFs after work. Training went well although I did get a sunburn.  Breeze kept most of the black flies away.