JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good news - I don't feel like crap this morning!  I woke up about a 30 minutes ago and took some ibuprofen.  That seems to be doing the trick as far as my sore throat and headache.  I'm going to try to do my scheduled tempo run this morning.  The next two days will be easy, though, since I'm racing on Sunday.

After work, I'm heading to happy hour with my running club.  I get my medal for my team's 3rd place Mixed Master's performance at the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler.  W00t!

Oh, and speaking of awards, I got my AG plaque from RnR USA the other day!  It's not terribly pretty so I'm not sure I want to display it at home so I'm thinking I'll take it in to work.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Good morning,

Hope to do another 8-10 after work later, but probably not barefoot.

Julia--glad you're feeling better.  This happy hour you mentioned....I am guessing it's not an hour of running?

Good morning folks! Well yesterday's planned 13 turned into a rain-induced tempo run stretched to 15 miles @ 7:36 ave. I got about 3 miles into the run and the skies opened up with a deluge and I was soaked from head to toe. I figured I couldn't get much wetter and picked up the pace along the paved commuter trail. The rain continued for all but the final two miles but overall it was an awesome run that just felt smooth and effortless.  Today I have about 6 recovery miles on the schedule that I'll do this evening after work.

Julia1971- That's awesome news that you're feeling better this morning. Hopefully you'll be back to normal for your race on Sunday and the breathing won't limit you at all. Sure, the RnR plaque looks a bit bland ... but who cares-it's an AG award!! (Work would be a perfect spot for it, BTW) Enjoy your evening out with the running club & be safe.

marco59- I hope you have a great 10 miles this evening after work.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Brains aint me forte

Good morning!

I ran 5 yesterday but was not ready for the heat/humidity and felt like crap the last mile or so. No running today so I can go on a lunch date with my wife.  Well, sort of a lunch date. She has an eye exam about a block away from a running shoe store so we'll both take care of our errands and lunch will be consumed at some point.

I really need to get down to the C&O Canal for some of this:

Julia - I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend.  I hope your morning run was a good one.  Congrats on the awards! I agree that the office wall is a good place for that.  If nothing else, it lets visitors know they are in the presence of bad-ass when they enter your office.

Marco - Enjoy your run after work today.

Bruce - That's a pretty fast 15 in the rain!  Enjoy the recovery miles later.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  Doubles day.  6 in the morning and more with weights later.  Didn't have time for 10 because I stayed up watching the Heat game.  So I need to more miles than I wanted tonight.

Julia, that is an awesome award!  Congrats again.

Have a great day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Morning!  Doubles day.  6 in the morning and more with weights later.  Didn't have time for 10 because I stayed up watching the Heat game.  So I need to more miles than I wanted tonight.

Julia, that is an awesome award!  Congrats again.

Have a great day!

Stayed up watching the Heat game also.  The ending could have been very different.

Bad Ass

True!  I like close games.  IN cannot bitch since they did the same in the regular time and got the same when LeBron did it at the end.  It was a very emotional game.  I actually missed the shot since I looked down on my book and the next thing I heard was a roar.

Stayed up watching the Heat game also.  The ending could have been very different.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning guys.  So happy not to have been posting at 4am!  Last night was a group run, so I got in 5 more miles.  Tonight I have my first yoga session with the running store.  I guess we'll go for a run first, and then come back and do yoga.  The session lasts 5 weeks, so hopefully I'll get something out of it.

Julia...Glad you're feeling a little better today.  The plaque actually looks really nice, but then the part they put on there with your name and info just looks too small to fill the area.  It's still cool though.  Enjoy your evening out.

Bruce...Wow do we have opposite reactions to rain!  I'd have likely finished the run, but I wouldn't have gone a step further than planned.  That's an awesome pace you were holding.  Thanks for the tip on Monument yesterday too.  I'm leaning towards Columbus, but I'll keep that one in mind too.

Marco...Hope you get a good run in later on.  Nice job on the 10+ and few barefoot steps yesterday.  It seems better safe than sorry with those puppies.

Scott...That sounds like quite the utilitarian date to me.  I'm sure you'll adjust to the weather shortly.  Does that route in picture get pretty buggy at this time of year?

Docket...I finished the Heat game last night too.  Darn that Lebron, ha.  Have a great double.

RVD...I wish the ending had been different!  Not that the Pacers are going to win the series, but those of us in OH still have a hard time seeing Lebron win.  Nice job getting to those 1000 miles this year.  It is amazing how quickly they accumulate with higher mileage plans.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

True!  I like close games.  IN cannot bitch since they did the same in the regular time and got the same when LeBron did it at the end.  It was a very emotional game.  I actually missed the shot since I looked down on my book and the next thing I heard was a roar.

????  How can you look down at your book when there are only 2.2 seconds left?  (Must be an interesting book.  Does it have the work "Gray" in the title?)

Just B.S.

This day same as the other ones!LOL  Rain all week and forecast thru the weekend.

Swam 1,200 this morning. 6 or 7 miles tonight.

3rd day in a row for the swim/run combo.

Marco, I ride a road bike with the skinny skinny tires with no treads so I don't ever purposely head o

ut in the rain but sometimes I get caught in it. A drizzle is OK with me but steady or heavy rain I try t

o avoid.

Julia, happy you are feeling better! You are one awesome runner girl!

SIAR, yoga? good for a runners body and perhaps meeting running girls?LOL

Have  a good day everyone!

Bad Ass

No.  I was reading during the commercials and had already thought we lost so I was not paying attention, ha.

????  How can you look down at your book when there are only 2.2 seconds left?  (Must be an interesting book.  Does it have the work "Gray" in the title?)

Blog

Brains aint me forte

SIAR - Good luck with the yoga.  I keep thinking I need to give that a try.

Scott...That sounds like quite the utilitarian date to me.  I'm sure you'll adjust to the weather shortly.  Does that route in picture get pretty buggy at this time of year?

Yes but I tend to hit this trail early in the morning before the bugs are too bad.  Most of the sections in the C&O Canal park where I run, the canal was drained long ago and has been reclaimed by trees, etc ... This pic is from a mile long section that still has water in it.  I don't know why they keep some sections full of water and let others drain.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I decided I wanted some more miles than we'll probably run today so I just ran 6.85 miles at recovery pace.  My legs really didn't have a much faster pace in them after yesterday's crazy hill intervals, so it wasn't hard to stay disciplined, despite the fact that it was really gorgeous out.

Beth...It seems like it's all about finding the right balance between consistency and variety...sometimes just doing the same thing every day feels really easy for training, until it gets old Smile  I think most of the girls at the yoga will be the ones I already know and run with.  That's okay though, we have a good time.

Scott...Ah, the water was what made me think of the bugs.  If it's drained in spots I'm sure that helps a ton.  I'll let you know how the yoga goes and if I get anything out of it.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

Beth...It seems like it's all about finding the right balance between consistency and variety...sometimes just doing the same thing every day feels really easy for training, until it gets old :)  I think most of the girls at the yoga will be the ones I already know and run with.  That's okay though, we have a good time.

That's part of the reason I am getting into tri's. I love running but after 10 years of running races I needed

and wanted some variety and another challenge. That and because I'm not sure how long I will keep

running fulls, probably a few more years but trying to set myself up for the tri's as being easier on the

body in my late 50's.

I used to play competitive badminton in an adult league but I gave that up about 8 years ago. I played

at least 3 times a week and found all the lunging and lateral movement too hard on my knees/hips when

combined with long distance running.

I'm just vegging with my training this week and getting back into the swing. That's why I've been doing the same

thing everyday, no need to think. Trying to get in as many swims as I can before our membership expires on

May 31st.Smile Cause then it's getting on the wetsuits and swimming in the river and our water is still damn cold

in June.