August:
    Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Marathoners!

It's an SRD for me today.  I'm planning to take it easy this week (around 23 miles) before increasing the mileage again.  What's everyone else up to?

PRs

thinkin about glory days

BTW, I made all of you group admins in case changes need to be made to the group settings or a troll needs to get the boot.  Feel free to play around with the group description under "Setup."  Mine is not particularly creative. 

It appears that we can see mileage totals for members under "Reports."  A built in running game?

PRs

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Well, I'll jump in here... did 6 easy cold miles today. Still in a recovery from a 11/11 race.

I came from RWOL and participate in the Boston Dailies... and other places. 

The removal of "subscribing" to a thread really reduced my participation though.

Hilltopper and anyone else who may know about this - Yes, you can see the miles when people post them (clicking on the little bar chart icon), BUT I tried importing from Sporttracks and cannot get the miles to show correctly. MANY of my runs show no miles at all, but DO show the time. So my miles look quite low. Not sure how to fix that.

Hi Marco... good to see you.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Finally PRed!!!

hill: enjoy the rest day.

markrice: welcome! I imported my data (this year's anyway, have not gone back and done the previous years yet)  from SportTracks and it shows my miles fine. There are a few things it doesn't show correctly, like the miles on my shoes (shows up as if I have a gazillion pairs  of shoes that I've run in once or a few times) and weather (shows temp in C and all conditions are selected, Sunny, Overcast, Rain, Snow, etc.). But miles for each run and total are fine.

Did you do it by exporting from the Activity Reports page and then zipping the file? Which version of ST?

I think I'll only run about 4 easy today. Legs are still a little sore, grrr. May work on them with The Stick later and put Tiger Balm on....

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

onemile

Good morning!

hilltopper- enjoy the rest!

Markrice - I imported from SportTracks too and I had maybe 5 runs that showed up that way.  I'm not sure why but I just went in and added the number of miles for those runs and saved and it was fine.  But I only had to fix a couple.  It was a pain trying to figure out why my totals weren't matching up though!

Nottooswift - I've heard a little about Tiger Balm, does it really work?

Probably 8-10 for me tonight.  That seems to be my routine lately.  How do I get my races added to the top post?

Brains aint me forte

Good Morning Runners!

Hill - Enjoy the SRD! Thanks for making us all admins. I'll try not to let the power go to my head.

markrice - Hello and welcome.

NotTooSwift - I have a foam roller but have heard people really like the Stick.  Have you used both? Any advantage to the stick? Should I put that on my Christmas list?

onemile - You can get your races added to the top either by being first to post and adding it yourself or just reply back and I'm sure hill will edit his post (since he was first today) and add it for you.

I'm on a SRD today.  My 8 yesterday afternoon went pretty well.

Someone asked yesterday what plan I'm using but I'm too lazy to go back and see who.  I'm using Pfitz 33/55 this time.  I am currently in week 3 and I have to say that I'm really struggling this time around.  A lot of my runs have been negative experiences and I'm not having very much fun.  I can't be sure why, but I think it is mostly mental/attitude.  I came in with a pretty solid base.  I had a really good Fall season, set some really big PR's and felt like I was ready to train.  I took 10 days off to travel and rest before starting this training period and I've been in a funk ever since.  I wish I knew why.

I have a fun race this Sunday that I'm planning to treat as a recovery run since I'm running 14 the day before.  The race is at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Virginia which is a family favorite.  My wife, two of my kids and father in law are going to participate although most of them as walkers and I hope that it will be a good attitude adjuster for me.  Maybe I just need to remember that there are people that have real problems and I should just be grateful that I'm able to run at all! Smile

OK, enough of my rambling.  Have a great day everyone!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

onemile

ImNotScott:  Pfitz 33/55? Is that really a 33 week plan?  I don't think I could stick with a plan that long!

hilltopper:  If you could add my races, that would be great!  3/30/13 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon,  4/20/2013 - Carmel Marathon

Thanks!

PressingOn

Hey all!  I have an hour of easy cycling on my bike trainer today.  I'm ready to run again!  I miss it but have the rest of the week off to recover.  I'm spending the extra time trying to learn a new movie making program so I can combine photo's and video's from my race.  And because of that time sucker I still have yet to try and carry over my training log to this site.  Or work on my profile.  One day but for now I'm a slacker.  

Hill - Enjoy your rest day.

Markrice - Welcome!

Swift - Your legs have been sore for awhile now, huh? Maybe you need a good massage therapist?

onemile - 8-10 sounds good.

Scott - Sometimes those funks just happen. I bet you'll eventually push through. Enjoy the race with your family. It sounds fun.  

Good morning,

Didn't have time for the usual 10 this morning, so did 8.  Getting swamped at work and will probably stay late, so no time for personals.

Hi Mark!

Brains aint me forte

ImNotScott:  Pfitz 33/55? Is that really a 33 week plan?  I don't think I could stick with a plan that long!

No, it's a 17 week plan. The 33 is the beginning weekly mileage. The 55 is the peak weekly mileage.  I don't think I could survive a 33 week plan either!

Hilltopper - I added an image to the groups landing page.  I hope that's ok. Feel free to delete it if you want to.  I'm fairly adept at Photoshop so if someone has an idea for a more original image just let me know.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

thinkin about glory days

markrice, welcome!  Don't worry...we're not generally competitive with one another when it comes to our miles.  A few of us have played a miles game on the side, but I lost interest because I don't want to have to enter my miles in multiple places.  I see you have a link to your races.  Anything you want me to add to the list?

NTS, congrats on reaching 2000 miles for the year!  Enjoy your 4 miles later.

onemile, races added.  8-10 per day is not a bad routine.

Scott, thanks for adding the photo.  Sorry you've been struggling with your runs lately.  Maybe you just need to get back in the groove after your layoff.  I don't know about you, but I often try to overcompensate after some time off and end up wearing myself out.  You've got plenty of time until your race.  Don't be afraid to take it a little easy now so that you are ready for the key workouts to come.

PO, have fun working on the movie.  Are we going to get to see it when you're done?

marco, nice job fitting in 8 given that you are so swamped at work.  I hope things get easier for you soon.

PRs

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys.  I got 12.36 in this morning at about the easiest pace I'm capable of.  It was a good exercise in that it gave me some time to really concentrate on just feeling my body and not think about paces or any of that other stuff.  Interestingly, I think I've been tensing the muscles in my right foot when I've been running, which I'm guessing could have something to do with some of my feet trouble.  Anyway, I really focused on relaxing my foot and it felt pretty good (in addition to thinking about what I'd do if I won the PowerBall money haha).  I'll be curious to see if I can maintain that in some of my faster workouts. 

Hill...That's still not a bad week after having just run your marathon.  It's nice having you post more frequently on here.  I don't really know about a miles game...it seems like we're all very good about getting our miles in and don't need the extra motivation (or impetus to over-train).  I'm open though.

Mark...Welcome to the group.  Have you been doing the HR training for long?  I'm really trying not to get started with it, but it seems like every Ironman program (goal is to do my first Ironman next September) I look at uses HR training.  I just feel like I already track so much that I don't want to be tied to something else.  I'm sure it's something you can adapt to fairly quickly though.

NotSwift...Darn legs just haven't been cooperating these last few days huh?  I haven't heard of the Tiger Balm before.  I'm assuming it's a bit like Icy Hot?  I use the stick too, although not as frequently as I probably should.

OneMile...8-10 sounds like I good route.  When my training kicks up that tends to be about where my regular runs fall as well, with the occasional 6 as an easy run.  Are you a plan trainer, or do you do your own thing?

Scott...Good job on the 8.  I'm a stick user as well.  I like it because it's very easy to pinpoint achy areas with it.  You can even give yourself a pretty decent back massage with it!  Sorry to read that your runs haven't been great lately.  I guess we all find those ruts sometimes.  Like you said, hopefully the race will snap you out of it.  If not, new shoes or gear always helps!

Pressing...I think most of us know that moms can never truly be slackers with the list of things you're always doing for others.  What kind of trainer do you have?  That's going to be one of my Christmas gifts.  I think I'm okay with just something off-brand, like maybe a fluid trainer from Nashbar?

Marco...Thanks for taking a sec to pop in, and good luck with all the work.  Nice job squeezing in what you could.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

onemile

ImNotScott - I've always seen pfitz plans described by the # of weeks / peak so I thought maybe he had an extra long plan!   But 33 weeks just sounds exhausting. 

hilltopper - thanks for adding my races

so_I'm_a_runner:   Nice job on the 12.  I like to use a plan when I'm training for a race but I always have a hard time sticking to it and not modifying the crap out of it.  In an ideal world, I would just run 8-10 miles at easy pace every day but I don't think that's the best for racing.    If I don't have speedwork on the schedule, I'll skip it!

Just went out for a walk and it's almost 50 degrees.  Like spring!  Enjoying it while it lasts because it won't last long.

Bad Ass

Hi, guys!  I swear I posted this morning, probably not.  This is not Pluck, after all.

3 miles or SRD.  At a deposition right now without a clue as to the time I'll leave.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."