October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Good morning,

Julia--you beat me by about 30 seconds!  Hope you and everyone have a good day.

Rachel--Good luck on your race today!

I ran, OK, shuffled through 6 this morning before work.  The rain had cleared the streets the other day, but the temps went below freezing and we got a dusting overnight and the streets were treacherous this morning.  Still need to do 51 miles over the next 8 days.

Julia1971

Good morning, everyone!

Good luck today, CompetitiveChik!  Hope you have a great half.

I re-arranged my schedule yet again based on holiday plans so I'm doing a tempo run today.  I mentioned earlier that tempo runs were one of the elements in the Pfitz plan that I wanted to tweak this cycle.  So, I'm going to work on that this morning.  My sister left early this morning but I'll see her again in a few days for Christmas.  I'm a little tired from entertaining for two day but am hoping to hit Toys R Us around lunch time before spending the afternoon watching football and generally vegging out.

Julia1971

Marco, hahaha.  I'm a very early riser.  This is late for me.  Wink  Good job on the snowy run.  Could you run doubles at all to try to fit the mileage in?  Not the same as doing it all at once but might be an option.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I wanted to run today but woke up so sore everywhere, decided to sleep in.  So, a run tomorrow to see how I feel.

Good luck to Rachel today!

Julia, enjoy the tempo run.

marco, nice 6.  Remember, 6 is better than zero.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Brains aint me forte

Good morning all!

SRD for me after getting 16 in yesterday.  I decided to brave the wind and head down to my beloved C&O Canal.  Because of the earlier injury I planned to run 6 out and back and then see what I had left.  By the time I got to mile 6 I felt good so I decided to stretch it to 8 so I could run the returning 8 with the wind at my back.  I worried about getting injured so I really tried to slow down and even allowed myself two walk breaks while I drank.  It felt good to finally get in a long run.

I hope to have time later to come back for personals. Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Can't run doubles because I get off work at 4:00 and

Sunrise/Sunset

Sunrise / Sunset Illustration

Rises at 7:06 AM with              sunset at 3:51 PM

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi all!  6.21 miles for me, done a little faster than easy pace, although it was to be an easy run.  My weekly total was 68, although it really didn't feel like that many miles.  Now I'm just relaxing for the day, and kinda hoping that eventually I'll be able to see a friend that's in town for the holidays.

Julia...The holidays definitely call for creativity when it comes to getting runs in.  I'd rather wake up early or run a little less than miss them entirely though, and it looks like you're the same way.  Good luck with the Toys R Us run.  Judging from my friend's little boy's reaction, I think kids are pretty happy any time you bring them a gift, regardless of what it is.  Do you pay much attention to sports in general, or are you just watching football because it's on?

Marco...As long as you can get some weather cooperation, that should be totally within reach for you.  What is your mileage goal again?

Docket...Sorry that you're sore from the tumble you took.  That must be so frustrating to have something so out of your control impact your running like that.  I hope you heal up quickly.

Scott...Great work on that long run in the wind.  I'd imagine your run is pretty straight much an out and back?  8 miles is a lot to do in a head wind!  My runs all weave a lot, so I'm never in the wind for one direction terrible long (although some days it feels like no matter which way I turn, it's a head wind).  Good job being smart about your pacing and taking a couple walk breaks too.  I hope you're having a great holiday season with the "Things."

CC...Hope the race went well and that you were able to use it as a good, supported training run.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

I ran 2500.1 last year, so shooting for 2501 this yearSmile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ran 2500.1 last year, so shooting for 2501 this yearSmile

2500.15 would work as well Smile

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Thanks for the healing vibes.  Feeling good enough to run tomorrow, so we'll see.

I wanted to run 2500 this year and barely made it past 2000 (damn asthma).  So, 2500 is my 2013 goal.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Docket_Rocket, good luck tomorrow!  Sorry you didn't hit your mileage goal but there's always next year.

Marco, good luck on hitting your mileage goal...  And, I forgot about your work schedule.  Sorry.

SIAR, I actually like football.  I'm not a huge fan - I don't own any fan gear or go to games.  But, I started watching in high school and was in a league at my old job, so now it's pretty much habit to watch football on Sundays.  I'm trying to become an ice hockey fan.  I have problems with the rules, though.  I also like tennis.  I try to watch the majors and have even gone to local tournaments when I could get tickets.

ETA: So, something went wrong with my post.  I wrote a long paragraph about my Toys R Us trip.  In summary, I bought Connect Four, Twister, walkie talkies, and a stuffed animal for my youngest niece.  And, I'm done with my holiday shopping!

yep, sunset is extremely early here but at least the days are getting longer.....however, much colder as well!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...tennis is one of the few sports I haven't seen live, although I'd love to go. My ex worked in sports so I used to get tickets to everything...kinda blew that! Had you said you liked golf in addition to all the other sports I might have had to ask if you liked younger men haha. Pretty tough to watch hockey right now! I can't believe the strike has gone on like this. MARCO...your mileage PR in that climate is extra impressive.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 18 LR w/ 8 MP miles. The core 8 were at 77% HRR (163 BPM for me) and a 7:29 pace. This was a very hilly run... where I used to live. The MP was done in rolling hills with a total elevation of about 160.

Lots of family activity and I must get back to it so won't shout out as much as I wish.

Marco - Hi again... Great fitting in the miles... today and for the year. I'm going to top 2400, but should likely not do 100 in 2 days to match yours. :-)

SIAR - I did get the miles in, had a safe trip and a good run today. All's good right now. Smile

Julia - I relate re the family not doing much exercise. I'm one of 9 and none of them do... one is considering now... hopefully I can encourage him without doing so too much. ;-)  Fortunately, my daughter (6) is interested and will do a mile with me once in a while.

NotTooSwift - Thanks. Had a good recovery, good trip and a great run in these hills.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html