September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good morning all!

Hard to believe it's 7:00 and I'm the first one on the board.  Julia must have overslept!

I have just 6 recovery miles on the calendar today.  Monday is work at home day, so I'll get in my run on my lunch break.

Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

LOL!  I did oversleep, Scott.  I stayed up watching Biggest Loser and then the local news so I didn't get to bed until 11ish.  Soooo not worth it.  I need to Tivo that show instead of watching it live.  I'm going to be late for work.  Oh well.  I don't have any meetings or anything so it should be okay.

Heading out for a 6 mile recovery run.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me.  Busy day at work, bah.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Morning everyone!

Scott, Julia:enjoy your recovery runs.

Docket: enjoy your rest day.

I ran 4.4 recovery miles this morning.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971 - You show up in the Reports as name only, with no miles and no time.

hilltopper91:  Yes, I've done Philly twice.  I don't like the first half of the race, but I do like the out and back to Manayunk.

I never have the time to get on here on weekends.  Last Friday I did 8, Saturday 10, Sunday 16 and at 0440 this morning I was out by my lonesome on the track doing 8 in the cold (at least cold to me - mid 30s).  At least on Tuesdays and Thursdays there are some other crazies who come out about 0500 for about an hour.

It is one thing to get out there and hit my intervals on Tuesdays and Thursdays because they provide a good challenge, but my problem is with Mondays.  I'm usually scheduled for 8 miles.  If I try to do them after work there is not enough recovery time before my Tuesday morning intervals.  And it is too far for me to manage during lunchtime from work.  So, I end up having to get up in the cold and the dark just to put in some "recovery" miles.  Not terribly interesting.

It is gonna be interesting to get up at 0315 tomorrow when I'd like to watch that football game tonight.  Sigh.....

Here is the plan I'm following for the Shamrock.  I am doing an easy 4 on the treadmill on Wednesdays instead of taking the day off.

Good morning,

Will probably not be on here as much as I was made temporary big boss for the forseeable future.  It will only be until a permanent one can be hired because I did not put in for it.  I hope it doesn't cut down on my running time.

A little over 8 done with baby steps this morning.  We had about an inch of snow yesterday and a light coating overnight.  Footing was bad and I only managed a 9:44 pace.

Have a good day!

CompetitiveChik

6 for me later. My miles this week look like this 6,4,6,4 and I'll be taken fri and saturday off. My goal as of right now is to have fun with my race onsunay. I ran it last yr with that same thought process and had a blast. the weather is just gettin warmer and warmer everytime I look at it. Its kinda irritating too since we've had beautiful, cold weather lately.

INS - I slept in or I would have been the first. I'm off today and I never get to sleep in so when the opportunity arises then I go for it.

julia - hope you got to work on time. we dvr the news and watch it later (if we ever get to it). I quit watchin the news a long time ago. There's never anything good on there and its all depressing or maddening. our local station will play 25 min of who got shot, robbed or done wrong and then at the end there's a 30sec blip of some good news. Nope, not doin it.

D - enjoy your rest day. Hope the migraine is gone.

NTS - enjoy your run

RV - I love gettin up early to get my runs in. the earliest I get up during the week is 4 on wednesdays to be at the track for the club workout. But I know what ya mean about runnin at night and then up the next morning for your run. I've had to do that some lately. I don't like it either but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.

marco - I hope they're paying you for your "temporary" position.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

thinkin about glory days

Hello, Runners-

I did 7 easy this morning outside.  I decided I need to get out more - I've been using the treadmill far too much lately.

Scott, enjoy the 6 at lunch.

Julia, Tivo is the way to go with Biggest Loser with all of the commercials (including all of the not-so-sneaky commercials in the middle of the show).  I suspect there will be some big fireworks this season with Jillian back.

Docket, enjoy the rest.

NTS, nice recovery run.

RVDowning, you might as well stay up!  That's interesting that you like the second half of Philly better.  Most people would probably say the opposite.  I probably like the first half too, just because of the crowds.

marco, sounds like an unwelcome promotion.  Does it come with more pay at least?

CC, I hope the weather turns around for you.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

PressingOn

Hey all!  I started to do personals but I've got a sickie at home so they won't be happening.  I planned on going to the gym to swim this morning but decided last minute to postpone until this afternoon.  Glad I did as the school called to say dd was sick.  Went to pick her up and she's white as a ghost.  She tells me her head hurts and she's feeling queasy.  We have a 15 minute drive home and I've got nothing for her if she gets sick.  I admit to a little bit of speeding.  Anyway, we make it home and 10 minutes later ... she throws up.  Hurray!  The stomach bug has hit our house.  SadAngryCry

I still hope to get my hour on the bike trainer and my core/strength workout in.

Anyway, check in later!

no increase in pay, but maybe in the future.  However, if it happens, I will make less money because I will not be working evenings, Sundays, or holidays.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  10.17 miles for me, just at easy pace.  I'm so thankful to be running outside again.  Even though my cough isn't gone, I'm getting through my runs without much trouble, so I'll take it!

Scott...enjoy that lunch run.  Nice call on Julia over-sleeping ha.

Julia...Nice job on the run yesterday.  I'm with you on the Tivo or DVR as I don't really watch anything live anymore.  It saves at least half the time.  I did watch this first episode of BL, but I don't know that I'll be hooked for this season.  I think Jillian's team is in trouble already!

Docket...Good luck with the busy work day.

Swift...Sounded like you were needing a good recovery day.  I hope your body is appreciating it.

RVD....It's tough trying to squeeze it all in, for sure.  It seems like you're doing a great job staying motivated and just getting the running done.  If they didn't start those football games so darn late it'd be a whole lot easier for everyone!   The only thing I can say about the Monday runs is that maybe if you were to do them just at recovery pace then the Tuesday intervals wouldn't be impacted, even though they wouldn't be spaced by a full day.

Marco...Congrats on the temporary big boss status.  I too hope you're running doesn't get short changed.  I may just call you Big Boss from now on though, if that's okay?  I can just imagine what your roads look like.  We haven't had any fresh snow for weeks and I still have bad spots.

CC...Sorry that the weather isn't cooperating for you.  Adjusting your attitude and expectations seems like the way to go.  I think I remember your race from last year and what a great time you had.  Enjoy the taper week.

Hill...It's hard to get out in the bad weather, but I do find that I still like it more than the TM.  Have you read much of your new Hudson book yet?  I was going to ask if you can find what he means by "hard" in there, when speaking in terms of progression runs.  I've got it figured out that moderate is slower than MP, but I can't decide where "hard" falls and I guess I didn't print off enough pages to know the answer.  Good job on the 7.

Pressing...Ugh, sorry for the sick kids.  I hope that you can stave it off, bubble style if necessary.  Good luck getting the workout stuff in.

Hi to all the latecomers!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Well, this day just kept getting better.  Not.

Okay, dd is better, thank goodness!  I think it was just a migraine because once she got some meds and the headache went away, she was back to her normal self.  Phew.  Disaster averted.

But today still sucked.  Why?  Checked my email to find many email's from PayPal saying I didn't have enough funds to cover charges.  Huh?  I had plenty of cash for whatever purchases I made with them.  Yeah, you guessed it.  Somebody got my Paypal debit card info and was wracking up charges at Walmart in New York.  Yeah, I shop at Walmart in New York all the time from way over here on the west coast. There were some other charges too.  Anyhoo, been dealing with that mess all day.  Paypal was really good about promptly stopping things, and I'll get refunded, but the hassle wasn't on my list of fun things to do today.

I am now off to workout.  Still hoping to find time for personal's but for now just needed to vent.  AngryJoking

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pressing...Bummer!  Boo crooks.  I find it's best to spew salty language like that at them.  Boo crooks.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jackdyl11

Wow that was a fun day at work.  My company is being taken private on Wednesday and there are a ton of tiny little issues to button up.  Plus our budgets are due, etc. etc.  I didn't manage to get my run in this morning, but I'm planning on 8 easy tonight.

Scott, Julia, NTS, Hilltopper, SIAR - Good job getting the miles in!

Docket - Have fun on your day off

RVDowning - I always end up doing exactly what you said - 8 recovery miles on Monday night and then intervals Tuesday morning.  I'm sure it makes my intervals slower, although I can't decide if that makes the workout worse.  Every week I swear I'm going to run in the morning, but it rarely happens.  You seem pretty motivated to me, getting up at 3:30 in the morning, but I completely agree with you about how much better it is to run when there are other people around.  Even if you're doing different workouts it is always easier to have someone to pace off of.

Marco - Good job pushing through the snow.  Congrats on the temporary promotion, although I can see why you didn't ask for it!

CC - What race are you doing this weekend?  I agree with you re the news.  We're actually cancelling our cable tonight.  The only thing we ever get to watch is Little Einsteins and MIckey Mouse Club House because of my 2 year old, and paying $100 a month is absolutely not worth it.

Pressing - Your day sounded way worse than mine!  Glad everything got straightened out.