Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/5/13 (Read 14 times)

thinkin about glory days

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning- Just got back from 5 easy miles.  I felt good after the rest day yesterday.  I hope everyone has a great day.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Brains aint me forte

Good morning hill! Good to see you getting regular runs in. I see you have a race on the calendar but it doesn't say the distance.  What ya got?

SRD for me. DW and I took the day off work to get some things done around the house. My legs feel fine after my little double yesterday.  I had to estimate my miles for the 2nd run. I was running where my DS has soccer practice which is pretty remote. The Garmin wouldn't lock into a satellite so I just used the stop watch and estimated.

Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

working hard trying to get caught up so I can enjoy the weekend.  Another 7.5 easy done this morning.  The runs outside have felt very good which helps my confidence

jojo61397

Hilltopper-- nice job on the 5 miler

Imnotscott-- Enjoy the rest...

I have 4 miles on the schedule, but I think I'm going to run the 5K/10K route, to check to see where I need to mark tomorrow morning.  Packet pickup went well.  I'm little upset by something, I'm timing the event on my own.  It's only a 200-300 runner event, but a lot of the runners seem incredulous that I'm timing it.  It's about $1200 for a timing company to time the race for a race under 500 people.  That's a lot of money.  So we are going bare bones.  For a small race for charity, would you have a problem with the race director timing the event?

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Just finished a 6 miler this morning.  I'm still running pretty fast.  I guess this is what rested legs feel like.

And, the forecast is looking awesome for Sunday and next week.  I'm going to try packing away the winter running clothes again.  I hope it takes this time.

Hilltopper, I know what you mean.  I'm feeling pretty fresh myself after having a rest day this week.  Have a good one.

Scott, If the Garmin didn't measure it, it didn't happen.  Wink  I hate when that happens.

Marco, Hope you get everything done.

JoJo, I'm not sure what you mean...  I've been to small races where there was an official clock and someone clicking a clicker each time someone crossed the line.  Then, after the race, they match the clicks with the runner.  Is that what you're talking about?  If so, I think that's fine although I can think of one time when this method caused me to doubted my time.  I ran a small 8K and I just outkicked my roommate at the finish line but when we looked up the official results, they had him beating me.  Did anyone tell you why they were unhappy about it?

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Morning!  No internet at the house, bah!  I did 12.25 and weights total for yesterday (doubles).  Plan is chiro appointment and 5 miles tonight.

Jojo and Julia, I've never run a race that is not chip time.  Miami is too big of a city not to have it.  So I have no idea what you girls are talking about.  Hope you find a way to make it work, Jojo.

Have a great day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys. So I took a day off and then got quite sick. So no running still. Not good! Pre-marathon psychosis is in full force. I hope you all are doing well.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Internet went down but I wanted to let you know that pending Trixie's liver test, she was given a clean bill of health.

Off to run some more after I drink a beer my husband served for me.

Ah, ha, so hubby is plying you with alcohol?  Hmmm....

Yea for Trixie!

I'll to my 2wu+8PR+2cd after work today.  Hope I can use the high school track, namely that they don't have any events or practices scheduled since they are off next week.  Weather is supposed to go from cold and rainy this morning to 60s and sunny this afternoon.  Here's hoping.

Bad Ass

I forgot to update.  Trixie's tests came back normal, except for one (globulin).  This could mean an infection, FIV, or Feline Leukemia, OR the cold she has is making that number crazy.  So we will retest in 2 weeks and see.  Otherwise, she is A-OK!

SIAR, feel better.  About time you came back, Mr.!

Blog

jojo61397

Julia-- yes that's how we are timing it.  Everyone is going so high tech these days, and I want to keep costs down for the run.  If there is a timing mistake, I will err on the side of the runner (within reason).

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Just B.S.

HI Dailies! Hope you are all doing well.

I am not sure when I posted last. Cannot even begin to tell you how busy this week has been.

Plus the stress is wreaking havoc with my environmental allergies so I constantly feel like I have a cold/sinus

infection.

My husband says taking care of an elderly person is like having a baby in the house without the toys

and cute clothes.LOL Plus lots more phone calls and  paperwork than one would have with a baby.

Brief synopsis of the workouts which I have been squeezing in at odd times of the day when I have time

Sunday - 19 miles in 3:10 - 1,900 feet of gain, great run, then drove an hour for b'day party for FIL

Sunday - off - cooked family dinner for Easter

Monday - swim in the early a.m. , 7 mile run in the pm

Tuesday - swim in the early a.m., 5 mile run directly after swim , Carrie Underwood concert @ 7:30

Wed - off - getting sick or possibly just exhaustion so taking a rest to head it off

Thursday - 6 miles, felt awful but got it done

Today - run of undetermined distance, whatever the body can stand with this fatigue

Tuesday night my wonderful hubby stayed with Auntie so that i could have a much needed night out of dinner

and the Carrie Underwood concert with my girlfriends. We have had these tickets since November and the concert

sold out then in less than 2 hours. No way was I missing this. We saw her when she was here in 2008 and loved

her show. I  know i look like hell. I need sleep.

PressingOn

Hi all!  Taking an usrd.  Supposed to swim but I am not in the mood to drag the kids to the gym with me.  Maybe I can go tomorrow when dh is home to watch them.

Jodi - My last race was a small charity race and the RD did the timing.  She used a phone app she'd just discovered.  The results were initially messed up but it's all straightened out now.  She also had a list at the finish line where folks could write their finish time down by their name.  She too wanted to throw as much cash toward the charity as possible.  I was fine with it.  I've run plenty of races that haven't been chip timed, in fact, and have never had a problem with it.

Damaris - Good luck at Trixie's next appt.  Hope it's only her cold messing things up.

SIAR - Glad to see you back.  Also glad you are feeling better.  Always good as a marathon approaches.

Beth - Sounds like you had fun at the concert.  I took about a 2 week hiatus from the forms also as I was trying to get real life stuff done.

Hill- Glad you had a nice 5.

Scott - Hope you get all your stuff done today.

Marco - Glad you're not worried about the ticker.

Julia -  Fresh legs are nice.

RVD - hope both the weather and track schedule cooperate for you.

My 20 miler was a bonk.  Sort of.  The first 12 felt fine.  By mile 14 I was tired of being rained on (steady downpour) and seeing an approaching wall.  Mile 15 I ran into the wall.  I had serious thoughts of calling my husband to come get me and drive me to my car.  I didn't though.  I resorted to mind games ("run to the posts and then you can walk.  Okay, you're at the posts now just run to that tree and then you can have a walk break").  By mile 17 I realized I had miscalculated the time I had to finish this run and get my kids from their grandparents, to our house, changed and off to swim lessons.  Oh no!  I had to call it early at 18 miles.  Yeah, I wasn't sad about it.  Besides the rain I had numerous issues working against me for this run.  I had forgotten to eat a proper dinner the night before a long run (how does one do that?  I made spaghetti squash spaghetti.  Seriously, what was I thinking?), I slept bad the night before due to cramps of the female persuasion, still had those cramps on long run day, it was rainy and dreary, and did I mention I didn't feel good?  Yeah, not a good day for a long run.  I'm not sure I would have gutted out those last 2 miles even if I did have the time for them.  Oh well, I still have a 22 miler and another 20 miler scheduled before the marathon.

Julia1971

My friend is coming in to town for the race early tomorrow morning which means I'll be cleaning tonight.  I used to go out on Friday nights.  I swear I did.  And, I want to get a short run in tomorrow morning, too, so I should probably make it an early night.

Pressing, 18 is great all things considered.  Hope you got some rest today.  I'm guessing you were pretty exhausted after your run yesterday.

Just B.S., You have so much on your plate!  I'm not sure how you juggle it all.  Great job taking care of everyone.  And, you look great so you're holding it all together somehow.

SIAR, I hope you feel better soon.  Bad timing but nothing to freak out over yet.

RVD, It's hard finding a good time to do workouts at our local track.  I hope you had good luck.

D_R, Phew!  I'm glad Trixie is alright.

JoJo, Maybe they were upset that they didn't know ahead of time?  I like Pressing's the idea of having a sign up sheet for people to sign.  I've also done a race where before the race we were told to look at the clock when we finished because as soon as you crossed, someone would hand us a piece of paper to put our name and time.  I think they used that as a double-check for the official times.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Thanks, guys.  I got internet, woot!

Blog