Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 4/3/2013 (Read 18 times)

jojo61397

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jojo61397

OMG I'm actually the first one up...

Doing 4 miles on the treadmill this AM, then Cross Fit a little later in the AM.  Then going away luncheon for DH after cross fit (when he deploys he'll be leaving the unit he is in, and when he returns, he'll have a new job in a new unit).  Then more race prep.  We are at 150 5K runners, and 25 10K runners.  Tonight is the last day to sign up online, then tomorrow we start packet pick up-- I don't know that I'll get a run in Sad.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 recovery miles with weights tonight.

I did 10 last night and they kicked my butt.  It was 86F and humid, so I suspect I ran them too fast (even though the pace looked super slow).  Bah.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. I thought maybe if I posted here that I was doing push-ups and sit-ups that I would actually do them yesterday.  I'll get in at least one set before I run today at lunch.  I want to take a longish lunch break so I can get 10 miles in but I'm not sure if work will allow for it.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Good morning, all!

No running for me today.  I headed to the gym instead for some weight training instead.  It went well - did some lunges and squats but mostly focused on arms and abs.  The only thing my gym might be lacking - for me - is a good chest press option.  The only machines they had were the seated type but the chair wasn't adjustable front-to-back so I couldn't move it forward to get a full range of motion in my chest.  So, I tried doing a traditional bench press but my form was not good.  The bar was getting all wobbly going up and down.  LOL!  It probably looked pretty funny to anyone watching.  I definitely would need a spotter but would feel silly asking someone since I'm only pressing the bar.  Sad  I've got skinny little arms.  So sad.

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

I don't think I managed to post yesterday, and it looks like the next week or so is going to be pretty busy for me. I'll try to get back later to catch up a bit.

jojo: Have a good 4 and Cross-Fit.

Docket: Enjoy the 5 and weights.

Scott: Hope you're able to get your 10 in.

Julia: Great job with the weight training. I used to have really good arms, but it's amazing how much I've lost in my 40s.

I didn't run yesterday, but did upper-body weights and core. Ran 4 easy early this morning, as today was my BoMF day this week. Have a great day, everyone! I'll try to get back later.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Stupid traffic.  It took me almost 2 hours to get to Broward for court.  Even a train passed.

Jojo, nice workout.

Scott, get that 10.

Julia, nice weight session.

swift, hope you won't be too busy.

Paging SIAR!  Please go to the B&B Dailies and post some time, because we are missing you.  Somebody asked whether you had abandoned us.  I thought you had posted there this week.  Either way, go! Joking

Blog

Did an ugly 2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd = 8.25 miles yesterday after work.  I was using a workout on my Garmin and it seems I missed the notification of the end of one of the fast intervals.  That got me totally screwed up for the rest of the intervals.  I wasn't hitting my pace on the fast segments anyway.  Cry    Today was just an easy 3 on the treadmill.

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, All-

Wow - lots of activity this morning!  I'll try to make it back later for personals.

I ran 5 this morning on some dead legs.  I'll probably take a rest day tomorrow to recover.

I hope everyone has a great day.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

PressingOn

Hi all!  I've got an easy recovery ride on the bike today for an hour.  Thinking, since it's nice outside, I'll gather the kids and their bikes and we'll all go.  Hopefully.  Ds has had a cold so it will depend on how he's feeling today.  After that, dd and I have a miniature garden to plant today.  We bought 7 tiny, mini plants/trees, a fairy door, a mini pond, some mini paving stones etc. and are looking forward to a fun spring break project today.

Marco - Hope the doc appt goes well and you get good advice/info.

Jodi - Busy day for you. How long will dh be deployed this time?

Damaris - Guess you're coming back into your summer weather soon, huh? Not that it really ever left, did it?

Scott - So you didn't get your push-ups and sit-ups done? I'm shocked! Ha ha. I will often post I'm doing my core work and then, hmm, somehow it doesn't get done. But not all the time! I'm trying to be better about it.

Julia - At least you did it, humerous and funny though it may have been. Smile

Swift - Glad you had a good 4 and enjoy the BoMF today.

RVD - Don't ya hate when you don't hear the notification? At least you tried.

Hill - Good job getting the 5 miles done despite the counterproductive legs.

PressingOn

Oh my gosh, it's only 10:17 in the morning and the kids are already at one another's throats.  Angry  Maybe I'll leave them both here and go for a quiet ride by myself.  Big grin  Spring break is driving me nuts.  What is summer going to do??  Ack, please tell me some activity outside will help and not be the cause of a scene in the middle of my community.  Roll eyes

Mostly Harmless

Oh my gosh, it's only 10:17 in the morning and the kids are already at one another's throats.  Angry  Maybe I'll leave them both here and go for a quiet ride by myself.  Big grin  Spring break is driving me nuts.  What is summer going to do??  Ack, please tell me some activity outside will help and not be the cause of a scene in the middle of my community.  Roll eyes

We used to threaten to force them to hug in public if they argued too much. Sometimes that worked.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Pressing:  About 5 months.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

2.5 miles over the past 5 days.  19 degrees...15 mph winds....and snow on the ground this morning kept me in.  So, I went to work early.  BP will be monitored.  I have been on a low dose medicine for years.  Doc says he thinks I have a heart murmur, but will have a test done soon just to make sure it's nothing serious.  Going to try and run tomorrow morning although the wind chill will probably be barely above zero.

I do need to get a few slow miles in over the next week or so, but the most important thing is not to hurt myself!

Bad Ass

5 miles at my slowest in a while (12:25mm).  It was that hot and humid and the adjustment was a lot.

Blog