Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/14/13 Love is in the Air (Read 14 times)

Julia1971

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day!

QOTD: Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day?

I'm single so, I don't have a valentine.  There's a bakery down the street that usually has holiday themed treats, so I'm thinking of getting some cookies for my staff.

I'm about to head out for my medium run.  12 to 15 miles, not exactly sure.  I'm just happy it's my last day of getting up this early.  Smile

Just B.S.

Morning everyone! Sorry i've been MIA I think since Tuesday morning! It's just been a crazy week!

After 33 years together and 28 1/2 years of marriage my hubby, who will always say he isn't a romantic,

left these on the kitchen counter before he went to work today. Just like every year since we married in

1984. I"m a lucky girl.Smile 

I have 8 miles this morning and hubby and I are having  a date at swim clinic tonight!

I'm so excited to see the coach and tell him I swam 600 yards consecutive on Tuesday, I'm just like a Grade One

girl so happy to please her teacher!LOL

JULIA, enjoy your run. You really sound like a great boss!!

PRESSING, i was just reading about your driving mishap! OMG!LOL Are you getting excited about Saturday?

Everyone else, have a great day! I will BBL to see what you are up to!

Did 2wu+8@MP+2cd = 12 miles this morning.  This was the same protocol I was doing when I hurt my hamstring a couple of weeks ago and just about the same temperature (36F).  As it turns out, my hamstring is pretty sore right now.  Luckily I don't have anything fast scheduled until next Tuesday (quarter mile intervals) so it should hold together a for a while longer.  I am supposed to see the chiropractor at 11:00 this morning.

I'm single.  Does that mean that I can't use Valentine's Day to eat candy?  Well come to think of it,  I had my Girl Scout cookies the other day, so I guess that will have to do me.  I'd like to take off a few more pounds before the Shamrock.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  I have an easy 6 scheduled for today that I need to fit in somewhere.

Julia - That's really nice of you to fatten up treat your staff to some cookies! I hope the run into work wasn't too slick.

Beth - Lovely flowers from your dh. Good husband! Enjoy your 8 & swim date later.

RVD - Good work with your early run. I hope the hamstring stays under control.

QOTD - DW and I promised each other that we wouldn't spend money on each other for this "Hallmark Holiday". We bought the each of the kids some sweet treats to enjoy though.  I plan to swing by the grocery store near by when I'm running at lunch and pick up some roses. I stashed a vase in the trunk of the car this morning. A nice thing about us both working at the same place is I can surprise her by putting them on her desk while she's out.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Good morning,

I have some catching up to do.  Work has been extremely busy and about the only time I have had online was to check my email.  Monday night I was awake for hours thinking of work so didn't run until Tuesday afternoon.  Yesterday, ice made me go back to bed in the morning and then, stayed unexpectedly late because of an enforcement action at work, so I didn't run at all.

Today, I am hoping for a double.  Had a nice 10plus outside and want to get on the TM after work.

QOTD:   DW got a card a few days ago.  She was having a bad day, so that's why it was a bit early.  She said in lieu of fllowers, she wanted to go to Fredericton, New Brunswick to our favorite restaurant on Saturday for dinner.  I got a card this morning and candy!

Julia--have a nice run and quiet day at work

Beth--nice!  Do you have a fave restaurant in your area?   Fredericton is closer for us.

RVD--I have cookies on the way, too.  Maybe if I leave them at work, DW and I won't be tempted to eat all of them.  OK, I will take 1 or 2 boxes home.

Scott--DW said why spend $50 on flowers when we could go have a romantic meal.  She almost always gets flowers, however.

jackdyl11

I had a short tempo run and hills today.  The track was icy, so we ran on the sidewalks.  I think I was a bit slow but it's hard to tell with the different environment.  Took it easy on the hills, too, given my foot. Not a great workout for me, but at least I was out there.

Julia - mmm cookies! I found a cupcake on my desk when I got in this morning, very tasty.

BS - Now I feel bad for not doing anything special!  My wife and I have been together for 10 years now, married for 7.5, but I guess I'm still not getting valentines day right!

RVD - Per above, I don't know the rules of being single today, but I vote for eating the candy.  Good job on the mp run, hope the hamstring heals up quick.

Scott - Have fun on your 6.  I don't know if I could work with my wife.  The working part would be great, but the commuting part could get ugly.

Marco - Good luck on getting the TM miles in later.

QOTD - Like I said, we're not doing anything too special.  I'm going to pick up some flowers and a card at some point today, and we're going to try to go out for dinner.  I'm not 100% looking forward to that though given the kids.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I had to drive to Broward and back before the day even started, bah.  I have 8 with 2 @ MP tonight but thunderstorms are coming in so I'm not sure if I will be able to run but I'll try.

Julia, enjoy your MLR.

Beth, nice flowers!  Enjoy your girls weekend trip.

RVD, hope the workout does not hurt your hamstring again.

Scott, hope you enjoy your 6.

marco, hope your day goes better than the prior ones.

jackdyl, nice tempo run.

QOTD:  We don't celebrate although we usually go out to dinner.  Having said that, we already went out to dinner on Monday because we cannot stand the long lines and the bad service and food that comes with days like today.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just B.S.

Oops I guess I missed the QOTD because I posted and didn't read first!LOL

When the boys were growing up and I was a SAHM  we used to go out to dinner/move  every year  because it

was a night away from the kids!LOL  Now we mostly get Chinese take out and have it at home with some

wine and watch

a movie.

However of course since tonight is swim clinic that will be our date. I have a cake in the oven for him as a 

surprise.

I'm a pretty low maintenance girl and don't particularly care for jewelry or expensive things just to wear or

look at. Most of our gifts to each other are related to swimming/biking/running/travel  and of course my

camera! 

But hubby seems to love buying me flowers on our anniversary and Valentines every year so who I am to

refuse!LOL  But he knows to never buy me candy. Don't want it, don't need it!

We do thoughtful things for each other every day, which is probably why we are still together after 33 years.

Last weekend I wasn't feeling so great. I was lying on the sofa watching TV and he says "I'm going to go

clean the bathrooms" (we have 3). Stuff like that is gold to me!LOL

SCOTT, that's exactly what hubby does. Our grocery store has a great floral dept! I didn't know you worked

with DW! We also worked together for 10 years, all through our 20's and were married and had both our

children while working at the same employer!  At our baby shower for our first  we literally got every single

thing we needed for our baby! I have a feeling you are a pretty great husband too!

MARCO, my fav place in SJ is Thandi's, Indian food, which hubby doesn't like but he goes because I love it.

Here is the link in case you are interested.  http://singhdining.com/thandi/

What is that fav place of yours in Freddy?

JACK, I'm sure you are doing fine!  Even a little something like a card and cupcake would make a girl happy!

Mostly Harmless

SCOTT, that's exactly what hubby does. Our grocery store has a great floral dept! I didn't know you worked

with DW! We also worked together for 10 years, all through our 20's and were married and had both our

children while working at the same employer!  At our baby shower for our first  we literally got every single

thing we needed for our baby! I have a feeling you are a pretty great husband too!

Well we sort of work together. We work for the same agency but in completely different areas, both organizationally and physically. Walking from my office to hers takes me about 8-10 minutes and I walk very fast.

Jack - We commute together a couple days per week and without a doubt that is the most stressful part of the whole thing. I'm a typical guy. I can walk out the door 20 minutes after I wake up, 15 if I shower the night before.  DW takes a bit longer than that  and sometimes I lose patience.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

My medium run went well - 14 miles in to work. The ground was slippery but my legs felt surprisingly good. I think the fatigue from this weekend's 22 miler is wearing off. But, I am so tired. I can barely keep my eyes open in this class.

I did have a valentine for about 10 seconds. A stranger in the hallway paid me a compliment. He said I looked like a business woman ready to take over the world. LOL! I love that guy. Smile

Just B.S., Your husband sounds sweet. You are a lucky girl. Have fun on your swim date.

Hope you get good news from the chiro... There is chocolate everywhere in my office. It's awesome!

Scott, It was a little icy out there. I was surprised. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the weather... What a nice surprise that'll be. You're a sneaky one.

Marco, When I've had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day, I preferred the dinner route myself. I like having a good meal and conversation at my favorite places... Good luck squeezing in the double. Sorry to hear work has been so busy.

Jack, Given the ice, it was probably wise to hold back a little. Mmmm cupcakes. Maybe I'll get my staff cupcakes instead...

D_R, Hope you can beat the storm tonight.

okay, off to lunch and then more leadership training. (What if you lead and no one follows? Sad )

CompetitiveChik

felt so good to be back out. it's been almost a week since the accident. felt really good to be back out. got in about 2.5 miles, easy jog. I watched a lady play with her dog throwin the ball. watched squirrels run across the path as I came up on them. a bunny watchin me as I ran by. I cried as I realized just how different it could have been. I love running and I'm so glad I can do it again.

QOTD: we don't do anything special for valentines day. usually a card but nothing big.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hi all!  SRD.  I'm getting anxious for Saturday and am itching to run.  I'll get a little pre-race run tomorrow.  Meanwhile, yesterday, my mom bought us some mini cupcakes from the Cupcake place in town for VDay.  I ate my share yesterday evening after having a chocolate Eclair (before I knew the cupcakes were coming).  Ugh.  I feel gross.  I wish I didn't have to rest today.  I think if dh gives me any candy I will save it for after my marathon this weekend.  It will be a nice treat then.

QOTD - Not much planned.  Kids have swim lessons. Dd has a youth retreat this weekend (no school Fri. or Mon.) and will be gone.  However, after swim ends we have to take her directly to her retreat.  I won't be home until close to 8:00 p.m.  I'm not even sure when I'll manage to eat my first carbo load meal (coach wants me to eat two since it takes 48 hours to fully stock up the body).  I did buy dh some white chocolate (his fave), and a card.  The remaining child will expect some pampering this holiday since his sister is off to what basically amounts to a 3 day party.  In other words, we won't be doing much.  Speaking of ds, he is feeling better today and I'm taking him in for a half day of school soon.

Julia - Enjoy the run today! I bet your staff would appreciate some cookies. Will you be enjoying one yourself?

Beth - Those are beautiful flowers. What a great morning surprise. And the presentation is great. My dh would never think of the presentation factor. lol. I hear you on wanting to please your swim coach. I do the same thing. He was on our group run with us Tuesday and I actually made a concentrated effort not to mention how far I swam because I don't want that to be all I ever talk to him about. Smile

RVD - Careful with your hamstring today but good job on the run.  I don't think the stores care or know if the candy you buy is for you or someone else.  If you want candy, buy some candy.  Smile

Scott - Good husband! Smile Hope you fit those 6 miles in somewhere.

Marco - Enjoy your dinner with dw. I'm practical like that when it comes to flowers and jewelry. No, buy me running clothes instead. He still gets me flowers and they are pretty so I don't refuse them.  Smile Hope you manage to get a run in soon!

Jackdyl - Hills can make up for the forced slower pace. And I am with you on the unromantic dinner due to kiddo's.

Damaris - Hopefully the thunderstorms will hold off for you. I agree about dinner out on this day. No way. Dinner in is the way to go.  We're having whole wheat spaghetti.  Hmmm .... carbs anyone?  lol

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey kids...10 easy miles done for me this morning.  It was supposed to be 45 today, but it's snowing right now????

QOTD...embarrassingly enough, my only Valentines Day exchanges were with my mom.  I gave her a card and book that she's been wanting to read, with some candy and other stuff in a nice gift bag.  She gave me some new compression socks, which I have on at the moment, along with an ice cream cake and some other goodies.  Even though I'm not a big ice cream fan, I've been wanting a Dairy Queen ice cream cake for ever, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Julia...I'm sure the staff would love some treats.  Sorry your other singlet didn't work out!  I really feel inclined to help you look since you've had such bad luck lol.  How'd your legs feel today after the single run yesterday?  Hope you had a good one.  Oops, just saw that you did have a good run!  I figured you would.  I think if nobody follows, you're still leading.  That's how it works in a race anyway.

Beth...You'll be swimming 750m and doing a sprint tri before you know it!  Have a good run and swim later, and enjoy the rest of the Valentines Day with your DH.

RVD...Glad you made it through the MP miles without as much trouble as the last time you did the workout.  Like you said, at least you get a few days to take it easier before going hard again.  I feel like it's a hard balance between wanting to lose weight pre-marathon and not entering the race a little nutrition deprived.  That's why I always say that I think the ultimate luxury in life would be a chef/nutritionist

Scott...6 sounds like a pretty squeezable number.  I'm sure your wife will appreciate the surprise flowers, especially on her desk where everyone else can see.

Marco...How much longer do you have as the big boss?  You're doing a great job fitting in miles with as busy as you've been.  Good luck with the double...I've become a big fan of those.

Jack...Getting out there is definitely most of the battle.  Still, it'll be so nice to train in good conditions when spring finally comes.  Hope dinner with the kids goes better than expected lol.

Docket...Hope the weather cooperates for you.  I remember going out on V-day...it definitely can be a frustrating mess.

CC...I think I'd have been emotional too after what you went through.  Hopefully you can put it all behind you soon and just get back to really enjoying your training.

Pressing...Your story last night brings to mind the fact that I am terrible about carrying identification.  Fortunately, I usually just leave my wallet in my car, so at least when I'm driving it's there.  I'm glad you were able to get off with just a warning and not have to deal with the hassle that whole situation could have caused.  Good luck with your antsy legs.  Just think about storing all that energy up for your race.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Julia - Good job on the run today. I seem to remember from my work days those meetings made everyone's eyes droop within 5 seconds of closing the door.  As for your treats, why not cookies and cupcakes?

CC - Yay for feeling better and getting to run today!

SIAR - It's sweet of you to remember your mom. You're a good son! Enjoy the DQ treat.

As for my reckless driving, ha, yeah, I figured I got the warning vs ticket because he realized A. I was not drunk.  B. He saw I had to search for my proof of insurance and car registration through the mess in my glove box, barely finding the current ones. He must have figured, "This lady never gets pulled over because she is absolutely unprepared for it."   Wow, was I ever unprepared.  The funniest part was after, my ds pipes up and says, "Mom, he was really nice.  He wasn't at all mean like the police on tv.  He even made a joke with you!"  His dad has been watching too many action flicks with him where the cop is stern and steely eyed when approaching the vehicle.   So, in a way, maybe it was a good thing I got pulled over so ds could see the police aren't scary.

By the way, I picked up some new work gloves for dh as an added V Day gift.