Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 2/4/2013 (Read 13 times)

Mostly Harmless

OK, so I was log stalking and I have a question. I notice that people have activity types that I don't have in my list.  I can see how to add new activities, but I can't figure out how to add new types.  How do you do that?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

OK, so I was log stalking and I have a question. I notice that people have activity types that I don't have in my list.  I can see how to add new activities, but I can't figure out how to add new types.  How do you do that?

Account settings > Manage my activities > click on Run > then enter new workout type

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

Account settings > Manage my activities > click on Run > then enter new workout type

I

am

so

stupid

Mostly Harmless

8 miles done with 4 decent hill climbs.  I tried to run the up hill parts as a progression, going a little faster each time.  I wound up with these:

9:49

9:32

9:26

8:48 <- I almost barfed after this one.

These aren't real hills like Beth deals with, but it was a good workout for this old guy.

Just B.S.

Good job Scott! Those are a pretty decent series of hills and elevation gain even by my standards!LOL

And at a pretty good clip too!

8 miles done with 4 decent hill climbs.  I tried to run the up hill parts as a progression, going a little faster each time.  I wound up with these:

9:49

9:32

9:26

8:48 <- I almost barfed after this one.

These aren't real hills like Beth deals with, but it was a good workout for this old guy.

PressingOn

Hey everybody!  Just got back from the pool.  1750 yards total.  Whoop!  Gonna post here and then I'm off for an hour on my bike trainer followed by 30 minutes of core/strength.  Yes, I will do that 30 minutes!  Okay, maybe 15 minutes but I will do the exercises at least one time through.  Big grin

Julia - Hope you get power back soon. Good luck on the intervals.

Damaris - Cool weather comes with a price, huh? What is the temp down there? Curious as to what qualifies as cool for you.

Beth - Yes, that is what I mean by swim clinic. My coach and the swim coach she hired each take a side of the pool and give the folks in those lanes feedback. The swim coach gives us instructions for a drill, we do 4 laps of it, meet back, get a new drill, 4 more laps, etc. It's been super beneficial! Great job on your swim improvement. I totally get how good it feels to finally be able to get some consistent swimming. I remember gasping after 25 yards. Oh heck, I remember going half of that and swimming on my back to finish the 25 yards. LOL!

Swift - Enjoy the recovery run.

Scott - Good job on your hill climb.  Those runs will make you stronger.  I'm learning to love the hill at our house.  It feels so good to see the improvement each time I run it.

SIAR - Good job getting it done on the tm. Believe me, I feel your pain. My tm feels the same way. I am much slower on it but the effort is harder. I ignore the distance and only look at time.  One day I should test the calibration on it but I'm sort of afraid I'll find it it's more accurate than I think.  I can't fathom why some people thing the tm is easier than outdoors.

RVD - Sorry. That really sucks. Maybe some rest will be all it needs and it will heal up quicker than you think?

PressingOn

Wow, where is everyone this afternoon?  How is a girl in taper supposed to cope if no one will post?  ConfusedBig grin

Bike workout done.  I am on to core/strength.  Yes, I am!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...great job on the hill run! Looks tough. I'm curious to see how you feel tomorrow since my theory is that hill workouts don't take as much recovery.

Pressing...I thought about your run while I was on the mill and realized what a weenie I was being. These folks that are faster on the mill are strange birds. Nice mile swim and then bike....great triathlon day!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

SIAR - You weren't a weenie. IMHO, anything over an hour on the tm begins to fall into "I wanna be a weenie" territory.  2 hours or more falls into "you are a rock star" territory.  My 4 hours and 15 minutes fell into "looney" territory.

Okay, I'm being a weenie at the moment.  I am procrastinating.  Core/strength exercises ... it's time!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR - You weren't a weenie. IMHO, anything over an hour on the tm begins to fall into "I wanna be a weenie" territory.  2 hours or more falls into "you are a rock star" territory.  My 4 hours and 15 minutes fell into "looney" territory.

Okay, I'm being a weenie at the moment.  I am procrastinating.  Core/strength exercises ... it's time!

That does make me feel better. We have a lot of snow right now and I'm fearing that this won't be the last TM of the week. I may need at least one in the rock star range. You crack us up with that core stuff. Although, just by pretending you're going to do it, you're a step ahead of me!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I

am

so

stupid

Took me a while too. So easy it's hard.

Julia1971

The intervals went well. It was 19 degrees with windchill! I wanted Just B.S. And Marco to be proud of me. Smile.

I was able to plug the splits in to my log manually at work. I can't help knowing if I hit my paces. It was a little slower than what I think my 5K pace is but not bad.

Service call for cable and internet is tomorrow morning. I took the opportunity to upgrade my cable. So, as of tomorrow, I'll get fancy channels like CNN and ESPN.). It also means I'll have extra time to fit my medium run in.

RVD, Ugh! So sorry to hear it's that serious.

Swift, Hope you had a relaxing recovery run.

D_R, I have enviro allergies, too, and Zyrtec is the best!

SIAR, Good job on the treadmill run. 10 miles is pretty good... Yes, I do my intervals on the trails. The tracks here are packed and people aren't so good with their track etiquette.

Pressing, Good to see you're still active during your taper.

Scott, Good job charging those hills.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Just B.S.

The intervals went well. It was 19 degrees with windchill! I wanted Just B.S. And Marco to be proud of me. Smile.

Bad Ass

If you said it.... Joking

I

am

so

stupid

I had a very busy and stressful day at work and tomorrow I have emergency hearings which will make the day more busy!

I did 4 miles and weights (bands).  Breathing was a little better but my HR was higher than normal so I ran slower than usual.  It's all good, though.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Cool = 50F down here (although other Miamians think it be COLD).  It was 50-74F today.  And that cool weather is gone.  80s for the rest of the week, I think.

Hey everybody!  Just got back from the pool.  1750 yards total.  Whoop!  Gonna post here and then I'm off for an hour on my bike trainer followed by 30 minutes of core/strength.  Yes, I will do that 30 minutes!  Okay, maybe 15 minutes but I will do the exercises at least one time through.  Big grin

Julia - Hope you get power back soon. Good luck on the intervals.

Damaris - Cool weather comes with a price, huh? What is the temp down there? Curious as to what qualifies as cool for you.

Beth - Yes, that is what I mean by swim clinic. My coach and the swim coach she hired each take a side of the pool and give the folks in those lanes feedback. The swim coach gives us instructions for a drill, we do 4 laps of it, meet back, get a new drill, 4 more laps, etc. It's been super beneficial! Great job on your swim improvement. I totally get how good it feels to finally be able to get some consistent swimming. I remember gasping after 25 yards. Oh heck, I remember going half of that and swimming on my back to finish the 25 yards. LOL!

Swift - Enjoy the recovery run.

Scott - Good job on your hill climb.  Those runs will make you stronger.  I'm learning to love the hill at our house.  It feels so good to see the improvement each time I run it.

SIAR - Good job getting it done on the tm. Believe me, I feel your pain. My tm feels the same way. I am much slower on it but the effort is harder. I ignore the distance and only look at time.  One day I should test the calibration on it but I'm sort of afraid I'll find it it's more accurate than I think.  I can't fathom why some people thing the tm is easier than outdoors.

RVD - Sorry. That really sucks. Maybe some rest will be all it needs and it will heal up quicker than you think?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."