Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 1/27/12 (Read 13 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...yep, lots of psychological trauma in this dome of mine. It sounds as though you may have some too. Even as a psych major I find it hard to really grasp just how powerful our minds are. As for racing prior to the cycle v. during, I'm not sure how that would work for me. If I was targeting a race outside a marathon cycle, I'd probably run a plan geared toward that race. I guess I'll see how this method works out for me. I hope the recuperating has gone well. Oh, we're proud of you too, btw.

Pressing...I hope your shoulder cooperates for your swim. Getting back on the horse seems much smarter than getting back in the water, but I'd probably do both.

Beth...yep, definitely not warmer! Nice job pushing through it and tackling those hills.

Docket...how were the cheetos?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

Beth, that is awesome.  You almost have everybody already!

It was confirmed full today. We even had to turn people away.

No one can ever say our group doesn't like to run and doesn't like to combine running with fun and silliness.......

plus we prefer smaller more personal races ....we could have waited a few weeks and run Dublin but we

are doing this race instead.Big grin  They won't know what hit them when 20 crazy Canadians show up.

http://www.mooathon.com/race_info.html

Believe me the "moo" jokes are already flowing fast and furious.

Julia1971

It was confirmed full today. We even had to turn people away.

No one can ever say our group doesn't like to run and doesn't like to combine running with fun and silliness.......

plus we prefer smaller more personal races ....we could have waited a few weeks and run Dublin but we

are doing this race instead.Big grin  They won't know what hit them when 20 crazy Canadians show up.

http://www.mooathon.com/race_info.html

Believe me the "moo" jokes are already flowing fast and furious.

This is awesome.  You all are going to have so much fun.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Brains aint me forte

My hubby loves me dearly and I know he is proud of me but he is a man of few words.

Today at the end of that run he said looked at me and said "you are one tough chick".  High praise indeed

This goes to show what a sap I am.  I teared up a little when I read this!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Brains aint me forte

One last thing. I learned today that my Dad is actually 82 and not 83.  Good thing I learned it from my sister and not from my Dad.

Oops!  Embarrassed

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

This goes to show what a sap I am.  I teared up a little when I read this!

Awww, you are a sap Scott!LOL It made me tear up reading what you wrote but I

already know I"m a big sap!

Just B.S.

One last thing. I learned today that my Dad is actually 82 and not 83.  Good thing I learned it from my sister and not from my Dad.

Oops!  Embarrassed

Too funny!LOL

You are so lucky to have him. Jan 18th was the 20th anniversary of my Dad's death. I was with him

holding his hand when he died, he was only 61.  That day is always very hard for me.

Just B.S.

This is awesome.  You all are going to have so much fun.

Doesn't it look like  a blast! I'm already planning my costume. There are prizes,

trophies with a cow on the top and I want one!!!!

Julia1971

Scott, LOL!  Good thing you didn't put his age on a cake or something.

Just B.S., It does look like fun.  I'm sure you'll think of something very creative. Get that cow prize, girl!

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight