A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 6/8 (Read 246 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Last night I dreamt that I missed a day of running because I was on vacation.  Oddly, when I actually was on vacation I didn't miss any days of running.  I wonder what it means.  Smile

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

Thanks for starting this one up - I was out at a conference yesterday.

Nice job everyone!  Way to keep going!  Last week was a pretty good week for me.  I started up some speedwork in preparation for my 5K in July.  After tons of easy miles it is amazing how throwing in some fast intervals can really work out some of the kinks in you muscles.

Milestones this week:

racerunner1314 - 400 days

Ojo - 7 months

Trent - 175 days

Jill_B - 3 months

smalcolm - 2 months

Ennay - 50 days

Teresadfp - 1 month

Francesre - 1 month

dollysmum - 1 month

auntjenny - 1 month

celiacChris - double digits

Happy Streaking

Jeff

Lots of challenges this week - rain, marathons, traveling, drinking, dreaming: good job getting out there.

Last week was a good week for me - 35 total miles. Sunday (May 31) - a 10 mile run with miles 3 to 6 tempo pace. Friday - 5 X 1K workout with the last one a few seconds faster than my goal 5K pace (the others around 10K pace.) Sunday (6/7), when I tried to do my weekly tempo miles in a 10 mile run, I only did one tempo mile, instead of four. It was hot, and I didn't have it that day. Yesterday I did a four mile run at tempo pace, and felt a lot better!

A Saucy Wench

Or this might be a major cutback week.  I am still exhausted from the weekend I think.   But now I am getting in the habit of sleeping in.  Bleh.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

But now I am getting in the habit of sleeping in.  Bleh.

AHhhh....sleeping in.  I vaguely remember what that was like - could have done it myself this morning very easily but knew I didnt have any other time to get a run in.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nothing major to report here, today is day 155 and counting.  I'm looking forward to getting to the 200 day mark.  I worked all week and over the weekend, but I put up my highest week in awhile.  I'm hoping to at least match that and build on it throughout the month of June.  Its getting pretty damned hot here!  I didn't get in as much time as I would have liked on the bike last week.  I actually think the riding helps my running some.  I am going to work in some weight workouts for my legs once a week soon as well.

This coming week will be a challenge to get miles in.  I don't normally run in the morning, but I will have to on Thursday and Friday due to my schedule being packed on those days.  This weekend I am going out of town to camp, float the Guadelupe River, and hit up a concert with some friends, so I imagine at least one drunk or hungover run will happen over the weekend. 

I have been trying to make my daily minimum 2 miles.  I had a little mini 20 day streak going or so, then had to reset that 2 times since.  I am hoping I can finish out the year doing at least 2 miles a day...latest restart on that was 2 days ago...Smile

jeffdonahue

Just took a look at my log and realized that this year I have run my longest week ever.

Longest week - 65 miles

Longest month - 213 miles

Longest Single Run - 14.3 miles

Longest 7 day total - 67 miles

Longest 30 day total - 228.5 miles

I was doing so good up to 16 days & then got the flu.  I've  been in bed for 2 days.  I'm finally feeling better so I'll restart tomorrow. Day one again!

I do enjoy this even though I was disappointed that I broke the streak so quickely.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Vicki, sorry ot hear you were so sick!  Good luck getting going on your next streak.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My quads have been screaming at me for a few days.  They don't feel strained, but just very sore.  This morning, I tried to do my second speedwork session with a local coach, but my legs would NOT let me run fast - it was weird.  The coach said I should take three days off.  I wasn't disappointed like I thought I would be - it feels like the right thing to do.  I've run 31 days in a row, and it's been fun.   I don't think it's the continuous running that made my quads hurt - it was the speedwork and boot camp sessions.  So I'll start again Sunday (I'll let you know the official reset date).  I appreciate everyone's support!

It's smart to listen to your body.  Streaks can start over, and it isn't worth risking injury.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

A Saucy Wench

sorry Teresa. 

vkay - get well soon!  I havent had to deal with illness yet.   We'll see what happens.

50 today...it seems like I just started, hard to believe 50 already.  (damn sounds like how I am starting to feel about my age too)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Wow--I've been MIA all week. Crazy week at work, but I held the streak. When given the choice to post or run, i chose run. I also started tossing in doubles for fun, did one yesterday and plan on one today.

Chris
                            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

jeffdonahue

If I had time to double this week I would - I'm going to need some help if I am going to hit 60 miles this week.

we have my son's last soccer game tomorrow and my sister-in-law's baby shower on Sunday that my wife is planning and coordinating so most of my weekend will be going to those two events.  Plus, a friend of mine is holding a poker marathon tomorrow and I'd love to get to that if I could if even for a little while.