A Mile A Day

Today is going to be tough (Read 283 times)

jeffdonahue

Got up this morning at 4:15.

Shovelled

Shovelled some more - finally able to get my car out of the driveway.

Got stuck at the end of the road trying to turn onto the main road.

Got stuck going up a hill (actually had to back down it about 200 feet and go a different way up a less steep hill)

finally got to my gym (which is supposed to be open 24 hours so why wouldnt there be someone there) - CLOSED

Drove to office, pissed at the plow truck in front of me because it doesnt have it's plow down

Am going to have to shovel the other foot of snow we are getting when we get home.  Which I am going to hate because by then the kids will have tromped all over it and stamped it to the ground so I cant even shovel it down to the pavement. 

Hopefully when I finally get out of work the roads will at least be plowed so I can get home easier than I got here.

After all that, I will try to get a mile run in.

Ojo

My husband, who was smart enough to buy a snow blower yesterday, is going to clear a path for me now so I can get to the road.  We have about 15 inches so far and huge drifts.  I was scheduled for 10 but I will flip it and do 3.5 today.  This should be interesting!  Joking  I will report back when I am done.

Be safe out there!

Sara

MM #2929

Ojo

4.1 Glorious miles!  I had so much fun out there -- I love running in fresh snow.  We probably have close to 18 inches and it is still coming down.  What a great day for running!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Quoting the sentiment in the thread title: influenza for me.  Cripes.

jeffdonahue

Quoting the sentiment in the thread title: influenza for me.  Cripes.

Ugh, that sux.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Do I have to run, or can I hobble, that mile?

Not that I can do either.

jeffdonahue

Do I have to run, or can I hobble, that mile?

Not that I can do either.

Hobbling is fine as long as you're moving at a harder effort than a walk.

I had the flu a few years back and thought my streak was going to end.  I waited until a point in the day when I could stand and move a bit (not much, just could stand without getting light headed ) and then hobbled through a 13 minute mile.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hobbling is fine as long as you're moving at a harder effort than a walk.

That sounds like good training for something long.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.