A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 3/23/09 (Read 223 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, so last week was not a great week for me. I am still having some ankle issues, so I cut WAY back on the mileage and barely squeaked out 18. I am planning on another cut back week this week to see if I cant fully heal up whatever is wrong and am going to try for 20-25 this week coming up. The ankles are feeling better, but still a little stiff and some weird pains a few miles into my runs. Oh, and still no speedword for me for a while - not going to push it. I dont want to risk a full-on injury that might sideline me totally. Just going to work on easy miles for a bit. Weekly check-in milestones coming up this week: jeffdonahue - 450 days Trent - 100 days hawk4932 - one month Captain Atom - one month Jill_B - back into double digits Happy streaking everyone! Jeff
    Jill_B

I fly.

Whoa hoa! Double digits... almost. I actually had a great running week last week. I hit 50 miles, which was nice. I like to think my 2 rest days helped remotivate me. Hopefully I'll have another great week - I'm off to the treadmill. Have a great week all!

Bring it on.

Average week for me...nothing special. My left knee has been a little sore when I start runs, but once I get about a mile in I'm fine. Just something for me to keep an eye on. Schedule got in the way for me yesterday. I had planned to do a 6-7 mile run last night, but I was on the go all day and had some people over to the house last night. I didn't get on the road until about 11:45 and only did a one miler. We'll see if I can make it up this week.
        Ojo

I had a good week again last week. Did another 20 miler yesterday, which left me with some tired legs. I picked a new route that was mostly uphill for the first 10 miles -- but it was absolutely beautiful! I almost hit 50 miles and will repeat again this week. Congrats to all hitting milestones this week!

Sara

MM #2929

Wingz

Professional Noob

Had a good week. Survived 1.2 miles/day on the TM just fine and am moving to 1.3 this week. Life is good! Yes

Roads were made for journeys...

I am still on vacation in NC, just getting my mile a day in hope to pick that up when get back home, trying to spend time with grandkids with out being wore out, they do a pretty good job of that anyway.

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

I forgot to mention that I am moving to a new job next week. Its a more "streak friendly" job, in that they will give me 3-4 hours a week to workout so I can come in an hour late in the morning or get off an hour early most days to go workout or run. I'll be working for the Air National Guard, but on a full time basis.
                  I hit 30 days and I'm still going. My miles jumped and I even put in a 13 mile run (although very slowly).... I was very sluggish yesterday (after the 13 saturday) and today my legs are a bit sore... but nothing bad... normal increased your miles stuff.... Since I don't have a regular running partner now... it seams my streak is my partner... it won't let me take a day off because well "no run = no steak" ... and "no streak = no running partner"... a bit weird but it is working for me. I SOOOOOO didn't feel like it yesterday but when I was done I felt GREAT!
                    I was happy with last week. Ran 35 miles, all runs between four and six miles. My first race of the year is in April. It is a 5K I hope to PR. _______________ Something I found hilarious happened to me at the end of my run last Saturday night. It was later than I normally finish a run, around 9:00pm. I live on a private, dead-end, dirt road. I was about 1/4 mile from home, and heard a couple girls fooling around outside with flashlights. They were laughing, giggling, and shining the flashlight at each other and into the woods/road. It was dark. I knew if/when they noticed me they would have some sort of reaction, probably quite a fright. I tried to sneak by quietly, not making noise. There was no way they heard me with all the noise they were making. I was on the opposite side of the road, almost past, when their flashlight hit me. The girls (I assume they were girls, if they were boys the sound they made would make the whole thing even funnier), screamed, dropped the light, and started running. Is it wrong I thought that was funny? I tried very hard not to scare anyone
                    KvnJns

I forgot to mention that I am moving to a new job next week. Its a more "streak friendly" job, in that they will give me 3-4 hours a week to workout so I can come in an hour late in the morning or get off an hour early most days to go workout or run. I'll be working for the Air National Guard, but on a full time basis.
                      Congratulations. I work full time with the Army Nat'l Guard (Technician). It is great. We get 3 hrs a week (paid) to work out. That is a perk that you just gotta love. My week turned out to be a great week. I had my highest mileage week and I am on my way to my highest mileage month too. This week I am considering trying for 50 miles. I feel pretty good now so I'll see how I feel next week and adjust my mileage accordingly. Also seriously considering a 1/2 Marathon this coming Saturday. Oh yeah, like Jeff said, I am closing in on my 30 day streak too Big grin.

Kevin

Still rolling along. I hit a new record long run - 14 miles!! The run felt great overall and I made it without any struggles. In the end, I was left with some very tired legs, and it took 2 full days for to recover. I threw in a couple progression runs this week. 7 miles easy followed by 2 miles at tempo. I was very happy with these efforts. Especially happy with Sunday's run where my legs were still showing signs of fatigue from the long run on Friday. I am contining on with what I am considering the stamina phase of my training, probably 3 more weeks of this before diving into any real speed work. I am starting to think about racing, and hopefully I can line up a goal race near the end of May. That's all for now; keep streaking! Ryan

Ryan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just tired. Still nursing my cough. Still running.
                          Jill_B

I fly.

Everything was going so well, and then the baby gave me his cold. Ugh. I think I'm going to cut back all my runs until I feel better. (2 miles should be enough today)

Bring it on.

Congratulations. I work full time with the Army Nat'l Guard (Technician). It is great. We get 3 hrs a week (paid) to work out. That is a perk that you just gotta love.
                              Thanks! That is what I'll be doing too...its a technician slot down at Ellington Field, TX.
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey