A Mile A Day

Foot injury / Any Help (Read 130 times)

I need some input from anyone here. I started streaking at the first of this year; things have been going pretty well; actually I am surprised at the way things have went. I am not has beat down as I figured I would be. But, the last week I have really been having some soreness in my right heel. Seems like anytime I get an injury it is always something on my right side. This pain in my heel is one of those things that actually feels a little better after you get in 2 miles, and then does not feel to bad the rest of the run. Afterwards is when it gets pretty sore. I have also had this pain in the ball of the same foot for over 6 months now. It isn't anything that would prevent me from running, but I am worried that it may turn in to something worse.

Has anyone had anything like this and can comment I would appreciate it. I don't want to end my streak; but I also don't want to jepordize running has a whole either.

Ojo

Can't add much but I also get a pain from time to time in my right heel.  Same thing as you -- goes away after a few miles but sometimes it hurts during the day as well.  It comes and goes and has not stopped me.  If you are concerned, I would go see a doctor or perhaps take a break.  I guess it really depends on how much it hurts.  For me, it is just one thing on the rotating list of aches and pains.  Good luck! 

Sara

MM #2929

Can only suggest what I do with most injuries -

ICE a couple times a day

ibuprofen to release swelling a bit

REST - meaning if it is really bad, I take 3-4 days (have taken up to a week and a half) of one mile days

Best of luck

Jeff

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

Thanks for the input; looks like I should be able to 'milk' this through. I am running on the treadmill for a week or two, that is much easier on my foot.
            If it makes you feel any better I am trying to work through a sprained toe right now.  I did 4-5 one mile days last week and then tried 5 yesterday.  It felt okay running, a little stiff.   But then after that, sitting at my desk at work I started to feel teh pain again.  Guess it's not completely healed, which kind of sucks because I really wanted to start ramping up my miles to start training for my Fall marathon.

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)