A Mile A Day

January 1 streakers (Read 30 times)

Seanv2

So after on again off again mini-streaks for the last couple of years, I decided to start a new streak in earnest yesterday.  Looking at the streak list it seems a number of other people are in the same position.  Who else is going all in on a streak this year?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

I'm going to keep going with mine as long as I don't get too sick or injured.  We'll see.  I'll know when it's time to stop.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

I am not planning to stop unless I am forced to! 

Sara

MM #2929

Intentionally Blank

I'm with HStreet; I'll keep going as long as it makes sense to do so.  So far, so good!  Welcome back, Seanv!

I'm going to keep going with mine as long as I don't get too sick or injured.  We'll see.  I'll know when it's time to stop.

Exactly, injuries stopped my streaks in the past.

Get off my porch

Crow Athletics does a 100 day streak each year, so I'm on board with that, hopefully. If I can extend it, I will, but running has been a relatively low priority for me these past couple years.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Half Fanatic #846

I'm in - I figured out that I always seem to feel better when I run every day, so I changed my "Off" days to short runs averaging a couple of miles. Plus I can run more miles for the year that way.

Tomorrow it's going to be a high of 35F here in N. Fla. (that's really cold for us) with some sleet forecast; thankfully it's a short run scheduled! Schools and some businesses, including my work, have closed for tomorrow because they don't want people sliding into each other on the (possibly) icy roadways. So, it's going to be a "snow day" in Florida.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Half Fanatic #846

OK, I ran this afternoon at 4:00, and it wasn't bad, definitely chilly - I saw a strange sight though, ice accumulated on the roofs of the houses I passed.  I almost overdressed (and probably would've been for a longer run). When I got back the temp. was 28F.  I don't think weather can break the streak!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Done, only 228 days into this streak.

Decided against one more cold run. Actually it was a warmer 9 degrees. Thought about running again all day at work to keep the streak alive. Tried to talk #2 son in to running with me after work. It was a balmy 40 degrees, but a pretty strong wind. Couldn't talk him in to it.

I'll take a couple days off and start again.

Get off my porch

Sick + Snow, earliest I'm out yet. Gotta start over now. (Well, need to catch up on the past week+ of runs, but today will be a new start.)

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)