A Mile A Day

Checking in (Read 266 times)

Ojo

One marathon down with another to go in 2 weeks.  Came extremely close to a PR -- off by about 24 seconds.  I guess I should have pushed a little harder but I didn't want to completely kill my legs for the next.  Got in a slow 1.25 this morning to keep the streak alive.

How's everyone else?  Are you ready Jeff?

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

12 days to go, so I guess I'm as ready as I'm going to be.  I've put in a lot of miles, a lot of good miles - some bad, but a lot of good. 

Though my plan has slightly changed.  I am shooting for my BQ - 7:40 pace.  My original plan was to stick with the 3:20 pacer until I either finished or fell down.  Now my plan is to stick with them until the half way mark and then see how I feel.  If I dont think I'm going to make it, I might back down and just shoot for a PR and not crash.  I guess we'll see what happens on race day.

Seanv2

12 days to go, so I guess I'm as ready as I'm going to be.  I've put in a lot of miles, a lot of good miles - some bad, but a lot of good. 

Though my plan has slightly changed.  I am shooting for my BQ - 7:40 pace.  My original plan was to stick with the 3:20 pacer until I either finished or fell down.  Now my plan is to stick with them until the half way mark and then see how I feel.  If I dont think I'm going to make it, I might back down and just shoot for a PR and not crash.  I guess we'll see what happens on race day.

Good luck Jeff! You have definitely put in the work, I hope you have a good day.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Good luck Sara and Jeff.  Enjoy your taper and try not to tweak!

Ryan

jeffdonahue

Nope - too late.  I totally tweaked yesterday morning.  I woke up at 7:15 and thought it was race day!!!  I jumped out of bed a was like, OH CRAP I'm never going to make it in time.  Then I realized the race was still 8 days away.

Ugh

jeffdonahue

AAAAHHHH!!!!!

Less than 4 days to go until the marathon.  Feeling pretty good, but still tweaking a bit.

I am going to pick up my race number today at lunch - maybe that will calm me down. 

I am still deciding on what to wear.  I have two pairs of shorts to choose from, both have several pockets in the back (both from www.raceready.com) but one pair are like spandex tights, while the other are regular running shorts.  Both are comfortable and I've worn both on long runs, but I'm not sure how the regular shorts will handle 26 miles at my marathon pace - I tend to have shorts ride up on me as I start to sweat more.

The other (spandex) pair, I have worn during a marathon before, and they worked fine, but lately I've had chaffing on those as well.  I think I'll probably go with the spandex tight ones and just Sportshield the crap out of my self before the race.

I also just found out that a couple guys from RA that I thought I was going to get to run with are now all shooting for 3:15, so I guess I'm going with the pacer that the race is providing for the 3:20 time that I want to hit.  I'll wear my Garmin too, just in case this guy cant hold a steady pace very well and I need to break off and run my own race.

Just ranting now - ugh.

How are you holding up Sara?

jeffdonahue

One marathon down with another to go in 2 weeks. 

Does this qualify you for the marathon maniacs or are these two marathons too far apart?

Ojo

Sounds like you are ready Jeff!  Always hard to decide what to wear -- I tend to wear the exact same thing every marathon so there are no surprises.  Luckily the weather will hold up so I can stick with shorts and a tank top. 

Yes this will give me MM entry.  The lowest criteria are 2 in 16 days or 3 in 90 days.  I just hope my body holds up for the whole race.  I have been having some issues with my right leg but I am trying to keep the mileage low to let it rest.

Good luck Jeff!  I really hope you make your goal!

Sara

MM #2929

So... how does it feel to be a marathon maniac?  Smile

Ryan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How's everyone else?

Day 15 done.  My plan is to streak at least through Umstead 100 in April.  Minimum of 3 miles, with a preference of 5 miles minimum.  168 days to go...

It's on, baby!

Ojo

So... how does it feel to be a marathon maniac?  Smile

I am so so excited and happy!  I had an amazing race!  I was hoping for anything under 5 hours and I finished with a 4:15:59.  I felt great and only started to struggle around 24.  There were some strong wind gusts, which really took a lot of energy out of me. Great day!  Thanks for asking!  Smile

Sara

MM #2929

My training has been going very well.  I am closing in on 300 days.  I also ran 2000+ miles in a year for the first time ever. 

The consistency seems to be paying off.  My recent workouts have exceeded my expectations.  Now, I hope that I can hit my 5K goal for the year.  I have 2 5Ks and a trail 20K scheduled for the next three weeks.

10/23 - Batavia run for United Way 5K

10/30 - Race of the Dead 5K

11/7 - Blue Mound Trail Run 20K

Ryan

Ryan

Seanv2

Way to go Ojo!

And Trent, nice to see you streaking again. I'm building my own streak up from scratch again right now and am finding it to a very helpful motivator.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

jeffdonahue

Day 1,022 (the day I tied Young1's record) was not a good day.  The marathon actually went very well, but sadly only three weeks after my grandmother passing away, my mother passed away late last night.  So what had actually started out as a good day, turned into one of the worst that I can recall.

Please say a prayer for me father as he tries to get through this.  They had been married for over 45 years and they were everything to each other.  It pains me to see him so lost right now.

So sorry about your mother Jeff, my prayers will be for you and your father, my mother is 84 so I worry about her alot and enjoy the time we spend with each other .

Turning back the clock one mile at a time