A Mile A Day

Marathon Training and Streaking (Read 104 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Ok so I've got my first half in two weeks. And am thinking about a November full. How do I make a plan with the streaking? Or should I make a long run/weekly total schedule and then just plan the weeks as they come up? Thanks in advance for the suggestions!!
    jeffdonahue

To be honest, what I do is just do a regular training schedule that would normally have you running probably four to five days a week and then just throw in 1-2 easy miles on the days that would usually be complete rest days. I am training for a marathon in the Fall as well - October 19th I think. I am hoping that the streaking allows me to have a really good race since I havent run that far in over two years.

Oh Mighty Wing

Jeff - that is sort of what I was thinking as well!! This will be my first one EVER so i'm pretty excited and want to go about it the smartest way possible. So I'm glad someone else was thinking my same thoughts.
          To be honest, what I do is just do a regular training schedule that would normally have you running probably four to five days a week and then just throw in 1-2 easy miles on the days that would usually be cff
          Thats my plan, my schedule starts throwing in an offday every other week at about week 8 of a 20 week program. I am going to do an easy mile or 2 on those days. Funny I find it more difficult to keep the streak alive in the good weather than I would have over the winter. Family wants to be out and about every evening now that summer has arrived.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Oh Mighty Wing

I agree that running in winter is easier! I just am worried about overdoing it I guess since it would be my first time with this kind of mileage.

Oh Mighty Wing

So my plan wouldn't start till the end of July. What I think I might do is until then keep my long runs at 10mi and focus on getting all my other runs up to 3+. What I would like to do is get to this: Monday - 3 Tuesday - 5 Wednesday - 3 Thursday - 5 Friday - 3 Saturday - 10 Sunday - 3 or something to that effect... does that sound like something that would be smart to do?
                So my plan wouldn't start till the end of July. What I think I might do is until then keep my long runs at 10mi and focus on getting all my other runs up to 3+. What I would like to do is get to this: Monday - 3 Tuesday - 5 Wednesday - 3 Thursday - 5 Friday - 3 Saturday - 10 Sunday - 3 or something to that effect... does that sound like something that would be smart to do?
                Sounds great to me. Although I like to do the long run on Sundays, because most races are held on Sunday. Sunday morning has the least amount of traffic. Most programs incorporate a semi-long run mid-week. So Ideally. I would think. Monday -3 Tuesday-4 Wednesday-6 Thursday-4 Friday-3 Saturday-10 Sunday-3 but I may just be nit-picking. I do like your plan.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Oh Mighty Wing

Backstretch - ohh I like yours better and you are right they do include a mid-week long run! Good lookin out! Big grin