A Mile A Day

100 days (Read 103 times)

Pammie

Well done to mainrunner for yesterday I did my 100th day today very warm in the middle of the day to be honest if you told me at the beginning of the year i'd be streaking i would have laughed, it just seems normal now. Did a race (5km) on Friday) at lunch time very warm and humid though it was slower than normal i felt quite strong
      Congrats! that is a great accomlishment
      2008 goals mile:5 :30 5k: sub 20:00
        CONGRATS!!!! Big grin
          Kudos, Pammie! Racing in hot and humid weather...you got guts, kid!
            Thanks Pammie and good job to you too. I just got back from vacation in Quebec Canada, and didn't update my log until today. A 100 day streak is a nice accomplishment.

q day

Another triple digit streaker. Great job!

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Sweet - nice job Pammie!!!! Are you going to buy yourself something nice to commemorate the occasion?

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

Pammie

Thanks all Jeff you know that did cross my mind last week when i knew i was coming up for the 100. About paying myself something like £1 a day (i'm from the UK) and then treating myself something every 100 days (i did buy myself some new running shoes last week. I remember reading something a few years back about someone who paid themselves something like 50p a mile and every so often they would treat themselves with the money they received from themselves
                    Thanks all Jeff you know that did cross my mind last week when i knew i was coming up for the 100. About paying myself something like £1 a day (i'm from the UK) and then treating myself something every 100 days (i did buy myself some new running shoes last week. I remember reading something a few years back about someone who paid themselves something like 50p a mile and every so often they would treat themselves with the money they received from themselves
                    I went to try to buy myself something at 100 days and realized that I really only had money available to buy the new shoes that I then needed because in 100 days I had run about 500 miles on the same pair of shoes. And wow - 50p per mile???? that could get expensive. I just dont have that much residual cash lying around.

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

Pammie

Jeff TBH i think it was a way to keep beginners motivated who were running low mileages, I could possibly do that on 20 mpw. I think a pound (or dollar) a day sounds more manageable
                        congrats! Big grin