A Mile A Day

Coming up on one year (Read 91 times)

jeffdonahue

Big grin 20 days left and counting before I hit my one year mark. Wow, it's hard to believe I have been running that long and I keep trying to think back, wondering if I actually did miss a day and just dont remember it. My wife keeps asking me if I am going to keep it up once I hit the year. My original goal was just to run every day for this year. Part of me thinks I might bail, but another part keeps saying - look how much time you've put into this streak, are you really going to stop now because if you do you'll just be starting at day 1 again if you want to start again.
      Awesome!! Keep up the good work, Jeff! It is too early to pull a "Cal Ripken Jr." Big grin

Ryan

Running around the ship

Wow though....what an accomplishment!! I'm also lacking in motivation and wondering what I will do at the one year mark. Unfortunately, I suspect we streakers are made up of the same stuff...hard headed and habit oriented. You'll figure out what you need. AND if you do start over sometime at Day 1? So What? You will have alredy done one year once...you can do it again!! Good luck!

q day

I'll celebrate the day with you Jeff, and then with you Mike not long after. I know how good the accomplishment feels and you'll always remember it. How many things in life can you say that about? My first year long streak was 1997 - 1998. I started Jan 1, 2007 and ran at least a mile everyday throughout the year. Then I made it only a couple more weeks before throwing in the towel in Jan 1998. Here's the log entry the day I broke the streak: Saturday, January 17th (1998): "Had a big fight with Lori last night. We were out at her friends drinking. Got up this morning, hungover and drove to Kansas City. Knew I wasn't going to run and was OK with it. New days consecutive record is 381." Lori and I made it till December, but the streak record lasted for10 years. I was 31 (when the streak ended) and I ran 1007 miles in 1997. Running means a lot more to me now than it did then. I know that I wouldn't be so "OK" when this streak ends. The United States Running Streak Associations creed/quote is: "The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running." I'll add that it's not what we do, but what we become along the way! Streak on! D

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."