A Mile A Day

Roll Call!! (Read 130 times)

jeffdonahue

Roll Call!!!! I was just reviewing the chart and while we still have 20 members or so, I cant remember the last time we heard from some of them - so debating on whether to update the chart and remove some of the people that may not still be running or even coming to RA any more. So how about a quick roll call - Name: Jeff Donahue Location: Melrose, MA Years Running: 7ish Longest STreak: 373 Current Streak: 373 Why are you streaking: It gets me out the door every day, if I didnt do it I think I would get into a reverse streak too easily (total days ni a row I didnt run). Plus, I feel better every day that I run, and feeling good is good.
      Name: Dean Location: Maine Years Running: 8+ Longest STreak: 265 Current Streak: 265 Why are you streaking: Logical progression - started running 3 days a week, built up to 4, then 5, etc. thanks
        Name: Lorrie Gray Location: Carrollton, TX Years Running: 3 Longest Streak: 12 Current Streak: 10 Why are you streaking: I've had problems with continuously postponing weekday runs "until tomorrow" only to run out of weekdays. I've typically not had trouble with my weekend long runs. So, with streaking, the only question to answer is how far I'm going to run that day, insead of if I'm going to run.

Running around the ship

Name: Mike Burlingame Location: Kansas City, MO (Lee's Summit, MO) Years Running: 11/12 of one year Longest STreak: 340 Current Streak: 340 Why are you streaking: Because Young1 sucks and challenged me to run one mile every day. My legs hurt. I keep running a mile a day because I am stubborn. My legs hurt. Oh yeah, I'm definitely in much better shape than I was before. Streaking keeps me doing something everyday. My legs hurt...I need new shoes!
            Name: Ryan Carlson Location: Hampshire, IL Years Running: 6 but 1.5 years more seriously (Life After RA) Longest STreak: 49 Current Streak: 33 Why are you streaking: Streaking is a means to end which is hopefully to decrease my race times. I am building up to 60 MPW for this Spring's season and I plan to run at least everyday with some doubles spliced in. Also, I am happy to say that I have talked my wife into the program, so I need to keep it up to set a good example.

Ryan

Name: Paul Hanks Location: Riorges, France (originally Somerville, MA) Years Running: 14 months Longest STreak: 39 Current Streak: 2 Why are you streaking: Because it's different, for the discipline, and I rarely do things half-way. If I'm to run, it's gotta be every day.That being said, this will be my third attempt to start another streak. My biggest streak breaker is rain. I HATE running in the rain. Especially freezing rain. I don't own (and won't own) a treadmill, so I guess it's time to HTFU for the new year. I'm counting on you all to give me a metaphorical kick in my middle-aged ass if I show signs of weakening. Big grin
                Name: Mike Marici Location: Houston, TX Years Running: maybe 15? Longest STreak: 135 Current Streak: 6 Why are you streaking: To stay in shape, to keep myself disciplined, honestly...sometimes I ask myself that same question...Smile
                  Name Bob Location Waterloo, Ne Years running 25 Longest streak 16 Current streak 12 Why are you streaking: I have a hard time staying motivated to keep steady running, I hope a streak will get me out the door, I think that idea worked today, the weather is under a wind watch, its snowing and blowing, I went out just for a 1 mile to keep streak going , when got back in house, weather said 29 degrees with a10 degree wind chill, before I started this streak I would have stayed in the house, I also run to try and stay in shape and keep weight under control thats I real hard for meSmile

Turning back the clock one mile at a time