A Mile A Day

Just starting or think you're not getting better? (Read 75 times)

Running around the ship

I ran 6.25 miles today on a hilly course, non-stop at a blistering 10:09 pace! Wow!!! For alot of you this is nothing, if not ridiculous! For me, it is HUGE!!!! My longest continuous run ever! For those of you just starting to streak or have been in the game for a couple of months may not know my story...but everyone else knows that I AM NOT a runner! I started this as a challenge from my buddy of 25+ years...you guys know him as Young1. I started out as a no fitness having beer drinking dude that was way over-weight and NEVER did any consistent exercise...except golf, maybe. After talking to Darrin one day about my desire to start walking consistently he told me about this "mile a day" group. He's pretty sneaky Darrin is...he was thinking I might be half as hard headed as him. Actually, since we've known each other so long, he KNEW I was AS hard headed as him! So I got started...very slowly at first. Once I started I couldn't possibly quit and let all of that previously expended effort get wasted...that would piss me off. Many/most of my runs were one mile only. I won't even get started on where I've run, how sick, how high the altitude was, how hung over...camping trips suck for running, etc. Then, around 90 days in I started being able to complete many 2 mile days. All of a sudden, at 5+ months, running over 2 miles is not only fairly easy to do, but running is starting to be kinda fun. Kinda. I have a long way to go in speed and distance but man o man! Who woulda thunk it!?! I am not looking for any kuddos here as we have all struggled and triumphed over large and small goals. My only goal with this post is to let newbies, non-runners and even maybe some of you runners know/remember that the possibilities are endless. Definitely Streakin' on! Mike
    Pammie

Mike - That is fabulous, i've got a big smile on my face reading your post. 10 min miling is just awesome just keep streaking. I'm off for my run shortly this is so inspiring

Oh Mighty Wing

You are fast to me!!! And that is awesome!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
        jeffdonahue

That is awesome. Looking at your log, it looks like you added almost 50% from your next longest run before that.
          JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

That is great! Good job! Jilly
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

q day

I have for you my friend, three quotes, which are dear to me: "We take no delight in existence except when we are struggling for something!" - A. Schopenhauer "Success....is a result, not a goal" - Gustave Flaubert "The race is not always to the swift, but those who keep on running" - Creed of the USRSA Keep up the struggle, congratulations on your success, and streak on! D Also, please never refer to golf as exercise again!

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."