A Mile A Day

200 days (Read 174 times)

After today's run I will be at 200. I have had a love/hate relationship with this streaking thing. Days 1 to 30 were fine. Days 30 to 60 were actually difficult. I was hungry all the time, and gaining/maintaining too much weight. I cut goal weekly mileage from 40 to 35, and things improved. Day 185 I had a disappointing 5 mile road race. Because of the race, and with the thought of winter coming, I toyed with the idea of stopping when I got to 200. Oh well, can't explain why, but I want to get to 365. Streak on! Smile
    jeffdonahue

Nice job!! Keep on going. I still havent decided what I am going to do when I hit a year.

Running around the ship

Great job!!! Kinda funny how that "next number" keeps you motivated. Congrats on the 200...just think, in a short 65 days you'll be in your 100 day count down! Mike
          thanks - Just finished the run so officially have a 200 day streak. I am glad I did not start the streak in January or February. Because of leap year, I would have 166 days to go instead of 165. I feel bad for everyone who started earlier Wink

Oh Mighty Wing

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Bugs

Good Work. Dam it gets harder. I was hoping it got easier.

Bugs

jeffdonahue

Good Work. Dam it gets harder. I was hoping it got easier.
                It does get easier - eventually you just get to the point where you know you are running every day it is just a matter of how much. On off days you just do a mile, other days you go longer. Of course, not everyone is having their neck cut open today - good luck with that.
                Pammie

Well done mainerunner still here just a day behind you. Just crept up on me for some reason i thouhjt it was Friday LOL One of my club coaches was trying to talk me into taking rest days admittedly i did ask for some advice. This could be tricky

Oh Mighty Wing

Pammie - people who say you need rest days are just jealous!

Bugs

Well done mainerunner still here just a day behind you. Just crept up on me for some reason i thouhjt it was Friday LOL One of my club coaches was trying to talk me into taking rest days admittedly i did ask for some advice. This could be tricky
                      Pammie, your log in October looked really nice, is it just not up-to-date? I'm here because a coach encouraged me to run everyday, but some days are just a jog. Jogging counts right?

Bugs

Pammie

Bugs - Yep not up to date will try and sort that out been a bit short of time recently. Work stuff mainly. But have been running Bugs - doesn't matter what speed it is jogging is just a word. I guess different coaches have different philosophies
                          Congrats to you too Pammie. Bugs, I think jogging counts. Yesterday I jogged 1.02 miles. This morning I jogged another mile. My current running sneakers have close to 500 miles on them, and are causing problems (sore right hip). I have a coupon to get a 20% discount of a new pair, but it is not good until Monday, November 10. I just can't buy new sneakers until I can use that coupon. Embarrassed

Bugs

Whew, good, jogging counts. I'm just trying to keep my hard days HARD and some easy days EASY, within reason. I probably would have ran again last night and picked up the pace but have a race on Saturday.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Whew, good, jogging counts. I'm just trying to keep my hard days HARD and some easy days EASY, within reason. I probably would have ran again last night and picked up the pace but have a race on Saturday.
                              you are so funny!! If jogging didn't count I wouldn't be a streaker at all!! I prefer to think of myself as a slow runner though thankyouverymuch!

Bugs

you are so funny!! If jogging didn't count I wouldn't be a streaker at all!! I prefer to think of myself as a slow runner though thankyouverymuch!
                                Recovery jogs a different pace for everyone. For me calling it jogging helps remind me it's suppose to be slow. Tonight I was a full 3 minutes slower than what I ran this morning.

Bugs