A Mile A Day

Damn it! (Read 230 times)

jeffdonahue

I twisted my ankle today. I didnt even feel it twist as I ran, but all of a sudden, with about a mile left in my run my right ankle started hurting. I have been trying to walk around a bunch today to keep the blood flowing, but it still hurts. So I am passing on my lunchtime double that I had planned in hopes that it is better for tomorrow morning. Ugh - nothing ever comes easy. Just griping. jeff
      Sorry to hear that! I hope you're able to run through it. You're right though, there is always something.
      Jill_B

I fly.

That stinks. I hope it doesn't slow you down too much.

Bring it on.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yikes! Ice ice ice ice ice..... Shocked Good luck!

Roads were made for journeys...

jeffdonahue

Yikes! Ice ice ice ice ice..... Shocked Good luck!
            Hard to ice at work unfortunately - going to have to wait till I get home tonight.
            Wingz

Professional Noob

What, you can't go to the cafeteria (or local fast-food) and get a cup of ice, put in a trash bag, take your shoes off at your desk, and enjoy the funny looks from your co-workers? Big grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Undecided Active recovery, methinks.
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Undecided Active recovery, methinks.
                  The times I've twisted my ankle while running, I DEFINITELY noticed it right away... Shocked But I also found that I was in a lot less pain later (and healed quicker) when I ran on it as soon as I could tolerate. (The progression being stand, limp, walk, limp-jog, jog.) So another vote here for active recovery if you're able to tolerate it! Things seem to loosen up when you use them. MTA: thanks for the reminder, Trent. Smile

Ojo

Hope the ankle is feeling better!

Sara

MM #2929

Jeff, that sucks.. hopefully it is a short-lived injury, feeling any better after a day of rest?

Ryan

jeffdonahue

Well, It hasnt been quite a day yet, but I tried to keep getting up and moving around as much as possible today at work. It is still stiff but the sharp pain has receded. Thanks for asking
                        jeffdonahue

ankle is doing better. It is still stiff (in fact, both of them are today), but i was able to keep moving around a bit this morning to keep it loose and got a 7 miler on the treadmill at lunch. It was kind of nice out and i thought about running outside, but didnt really want to risk turning it again today.

q day

A 7 miler definitely qualifies as "active recovery." Hope it heals fast! D

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

jeffdonahue

A 7 miler definitely qualifies as "active recovery." Hope it heals fast! D
                              Yeah, it still felt good all night, but this morning it hurts again. After walking around it feels better again but getting out of bed was quite painful (though for me it usually is anyway - for some reason I always hurt stepping out of bed). Going to go try a run this morning but I may cut it short a bit.
                                Hang in there, Jeff.