A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 3/9/09 (Read 218 times)

I think you are obligated to stay with him... and if you are out on a long run I hate to leave someone behind who is struggling... you never know... UNLESS... "the person says go on without me... " Personally I would stay anyways... The only time I left someone behind was on my final long run before the cleveland marathon... a guy offered to run it with me... and at mile 16 of 21 he started to poop out... and said to go on without him...
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think you are obligated to stay with him... and if you are out on a long run I hate to leave someone behind who is struggling... you never know...
      Yeah, I would have trouble leaving that person behind too.
      KvnJns

Well that makes me feel better. We did have some good conversation which really helps make the time go by much faster. I felt bad for him as I have been there before myself.

Kevin

jeffdonahue

Yeah, I would have trouble leaving that person behind too.
          I would stay with him as well. When I did Ironman Florida in 2005 I was really struggling when I got to the run. I ended up meeting a guy who stuck with me for the first half of the marathon as my stomach did flip flops. Just as my stomach was feeling better, his took a turn for the worse (worse than mine even) and I stayed with him and we walked most of the next 8 miles. We jogged the last couple miles together and finished it together and I never regretted it for a second - even though I know I could have ran a decent second half if I had left him (and he did tell me to leave him several times).
          Jill_B

I fly.

Back to day 1.

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

Back to day 1.
              I'm sorry, Jill. But it happens to a lot of us - dont let it get you down. I still believe strongly that streaking makes me a more consistent runner, which has made me a stronger and faster runner. Even with how crappy my running has been feeling lately I went out yesterday and ran a 25:48 4 miler on a freaking ridiculously hilly course - first three quarters of a mile were up a hill, then back down it, then the last half mile was straight up again only steeper. I was honestly thinking that I wouldnt even be able to get under 28:00 and I felt pretty comfortable the whole race and I do attribute that to my streak in a big way. Keep on trucking. Jeff
              Jill_B

I fly.

Thanks, but I don't feel that bad actually. My neck and back were really hurting (I think from picking the baby up wrong or something) and I just needed a "break" from it all. I think I'm probably going to be one of those streakers who runs about 50 days and then needs a day off. I feel like that's my limit (of course I didn't push past it so maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, I'm looking forward to a good week of good runs (outside even!)!

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

(I think from picking the baby up wrong or something)
                  Been there, done that!!!! I remember when the kids were small like that adn I used to take them to church and had to hold them for the whole mass. I used to joke that I needed to go for a run to make my back and knees feel better after that (though it was really only a sem-joke because the runs did help).