A Mile A Day

Dead legs (Read 202 times)

Ojo

I don't know . . . maybe my streak needs to end.  The past few days my runs have felt awful and today I could barely pick my legs up to run.  I don't know if it the heat, the lack of caffeine in my body (I went from 6 bottle a day to 1), or if I just need to rest.  I am sad because I don't want to stop but I just can't do it.  I must admit that it is not just my legs but my arms as well -- my body is just done. 

Thanks for the vent.  I'll keep you posted if the streak ends. 

Sara

MM #2929

Seanv2

I don't know if it the heat, the lack of caffeine in my body (I went from 6 bottle a day to 1),

Bottles of what? That seems like a serious drop in caffeine intake, which might explain the dead legs... keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Ojo

Bottles of what? That seems like a serious drop in caffeine intake, which might explain the dead legs... keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Diet Coke -- 16 oz bottles. 

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

I'd blame it on the heat.  I am going on the assumption that you are getting the same temps in CT that I have up here in MA.  The last few days I have gone out for my runs - only about 5.5 miles but my legs just felt dead by the end of them and I am pretty sure it is just the heat.

I remember runs like this last year during the summer.  Hold out till this weekend.  I think it is supposed to cool down at least a little bit.

FYI - just looked at your log and you did a TEMPO run in the 88 degree temps yesterday?  That's just crazy talk.  That probably just sucked all the hydration out of your body which is why today's run really sucked and turned into a "Death March" as your log puts it.

AGain, I would blame the heat for now and take it easy till it cools down a bit.

Jeff

Seanv2

1/6th of your average caffeine intake, plus 88 degrees and humid? No wonder your legs are dead!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Please don't give up the streak Sara.  Maybe going from 6 bottles a day to 1 was just too drastic.  Try drinking more and see if you don't feel better.  The best part about streaking is you can look back over the years and remember when you ran through tough times.  This will be one of your stories.  It really is hot out there too.  Not good running weather.  Hang in there! 
              Ojo

Thanks everyone.  It actually wasn't that hot here yesterday and that's why I did a tempo run.  I did feel like I was pushing myself too much and was exhausted the rest of the day.  I think I might need a week of lower mileage to adjust to everything -- caffeine, heat, life!

Sara

MM #2929

Why don't you take about 3 or 4 days with just a mile (or two- whatever your personal minimum is) and see how you feel. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

Had a good 7 mile run today -- went somewhere new so maybe I am just tired of the same old routes.  I am still going to take it easy over the weekend and might skip a long run.  Thanks everyone for the help.

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Had a good 7 mile run today -- went somewhere new so maybe I am just tired of the same old routes.  I am still going to take it easy over the weekend and might skip a long run.  Thanks everyone for the help.

Ahh.  I think we all have that problem at one time or another.  I have been doing a lot more runnign leaving from my house lately (as opposed to the gym) and have really been trying to mix it up and find that it helps a lot.

Glad you are working through it.

Jeff