A Mile A Day

Tough day to get out and run (Read 290 times)

We had about 3 or 4 inches of snow and 1 inch of ice on top last night. Here is Tennessee that brings things to a halt, although I being from WI am used to much more. It was a difficult day to roll out of bed and keep that streak going, but once I got out, had a great hill and speed interval session. Had planned on a 13 miler today, but the ice covered country roads here made that impractical. It's a good feeling to keep the streak going, even though I am only at 30 days, looking for at least 365 and maybe more. Good running to everyone!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Where are you in TN?  Nashville here, and day 32 once I get off work and go run.  I did spend 2 hours shoveling my driveway, does that count? Wink
        Hey Trent, I live out in the Cookeville area, right next to Burgess Falls State Park. Road maintenance out here usually leaves a bit to be desired. I am in a pretty rural area. i work in Smyrna though, maybe we can get together for a run sometime.
        Ojo

We had about 3 or 4 inches of snow and 1 inch of ice on top last night. Here is Tennessee that brings things to a halt, although I being from WI am used to much more. It was a difficult day to roll out of bed and keep that streak going, but once I got out, had a great hill and speed interval session. Had planned on a 13 miler today, but the ice covered country roads here made that impractical. It's a good feeling to keep the streak going, even though I am only at 30 days, looking for at least 365 and maybe more. Good running to everyone!

Way to get out there!  And yes being from WI you should be used to it!  I spent one winter in Madison and that was enough.

Trent -- glad to see you are back to streaking!

Sara

MM #2929

Hi, Mike.  Nashville here, too.  We know several runners up in Cookeville!  Hope to see you over here at some of our races or training runs.  Check out nashvillestriders.com

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks!  Trying to keep my minimum at 3-5 miles, preferably 5.  I am using the streak as I did last go around to ensure that I remain consistent in my training.  So far so good.  January was tough, but it was also my 4th highest milage month ever, and that coming off of illness.

mlybrand

Congrats.  I hate running in snow.  Mostly the unevenness and slipperyness of it all.  Plus since I started running on an indoor track this winter, I have become a total climate wimp.  Slightest bit of cold or wet, and I head indoors

Today was the first day that it has been nice enough and light enough to run outside after work.  Maybe I will get myself over my aversion to the elements again Smile

Mark

PS.  I was born and raised in Nashville, but have been up in the Pacific Northwest for 15 years (after 2 in Wisconsin, 5 in Germany and 2 in South America).  So, it's been a while....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Way to get out there!  And yes being from WI you should be used to it!  I spent one winter in Madison and that was enough.

That was fast.  It is done. Got a flu thing.  I'm still way weak after the mono I got in the Fall and every little bug packs a whallop to me.  I was in bed most of yesterday and feel only a hair better today.  Sheesh.

Boo.  Sorry to hear you are sick again.  I think part of it is having young kids.....everything comes home.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

That was fast.  It is done. Got a flu thing.  I'm still way weak after the mono I got in the Fall and every little bug packs a whallop to me.  I was in bed most of yesterday and feel only a hair better today.  Sheesh.

Rest up . . . I am sure you will be back to streaking in no time!

Sara

MM #2929