A Mile A Day

1000 days (Read 18 times)

Intentionally Blank

Huzzah!

I have puh-lenty of 1 mile days, but I'm stunned at how relatively easy it's been to keep the streak going so far.

I did run in jeans at the Grand Canyon, once.

I also got up at 3:30 am to run a mile before getting on a plane to Ecuador.

I once had a stomach issue and ran a mile on the treadmill, praying to finish before I had to take a break to use the restroom.

And once I went out with friends, shared a pitcher of margaritas, and later remembered I needed to run.  The tipsy mile on the treadmill was pretty awful.

Oh, and I jogged inside an airport terminal once.

Other than that, it's just like brushing teeth; it's going to happen every day, and doesn't usually require extraordinary measures.

Ojo

Great post!  Congratulations!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Always nice to hear about stuff other people have run through - makes me realize I'm not the only stupid one here.

Nice job!!!!!

Jeff

Maniac

Congratulations!!  I cannot imagine how you guys have been able to maintain some of these streaks.  It's impressive and awe-inspiring really.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

jeffdonahue

Congratulations!!  I cannot imagine how you guys have been able to maintain some of these streaks.  It's impressive and awe-inspiring really.

Well, your streak is up to 36 days (Nice job BTW) - now just do that like 28 more times and then you'll be up there too.  Sadly, a simple concept that many outside factors will try to get in the way of happening.