A Mile A Day

Today is day 1,600 (Read 280 times)

jeffdonahue

it turns out I am shadowed to the power of 10 by Mark Covert as his streak reaches 16,000 days tomorrow.  WOW!!!  Shocked 

And not to be overshadowed by the number of days he has ran, check out the fact that he has AVERAGED 9.2 miles per day.  I think I average about 5 over my streak.

Sometime tomorrow (May 12, 2012), Mark Covert, 61, from Lancaster, California, will run a minimum of one mile and his running streak will reach 16,000 consecutive days. Covert, a track and cross-country coach at Antelope Valley College since 1990, started his running streak on July 23, 1968, and now has the longest running streak in the United States. During his own college years, Covert was a Division I All-American in cross-country. In 1972, he placed seventh at the Olympic Trials, "securing his place in running (and sports marketing) history by becoming the first runner ever to cross the finish line in a pair of Nike waffle-sole shoes." As of December 31, 2011, Coach Covert has accumulated 157,101 lifetime miles and 147,298 miles during his running streak. He now has not missed a day of running in over 43 years and has averaged an incredible 9.2 miles per day, 65 miles per week, and 282 miles a month.

HermosaBoy

When you achieve 1,600, it is definitely a feat that is not to be diminished or even overshadowed.

Congratulations Jeff!  

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Rather humbling I should say.

Today I just completed my third year running streak.

I started this journey on May 13th, 2009.

At the time I was discouraged about my weight and that my times had slowed.

I made the decision to start running every day and forget about my times and my weight.

I was just going to enjoy the act of running for itself.

It was the best decision I ever made about  fitness.

Congratulations Jeff on 1600 days.  That is amazing.

Ojo

Congratulations to both of you!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Rather humbling I should say.

Today I just completed my third year running streak.

I started this journey on May 13th, 2009.

At the time I was discouraged about my weight and that my times had slowed.

I made the decision to start running every day and forget about my times and my weight.

I was just going to enjoy the act of running for itself.

It was the best decision I ever made about  fitness.

Congratulations Jeff on 1600 days.  That is amazing.

Congrats on 3 years.  That is awesome.

jeffdonahue

Just hit 1600 with my run this morning.  Woohoo!!!!  Actually uneventful run, but I did realize that I really need some new running shoes - so off to the store I go today so stuff will stop hurting.

HermosaBoy

Just hit 1600 with my run this morning.  Woohoo!!!!  Actually uneventful run, but I did realize that I really need some new running shoes - so off to the store I go today so stuff will stop hurting.

Congratulations!!!

So, how many pairs of shoes in 1600 days???

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Ojo

Congrats Jeff!

Sara

MM #2929

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Congratulations! You are a savage. Big grin

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

When you have a running streak, there is a lot of fun in the number milestones.

1600- nice number.

Amazing streak.

jeffdonahue

Congratulations!!!

So, how many pairs of shoes in 1600 days???

I think my wife might kill me if she did that math.  By my estimate I probably go through 5 pairs a year, so maybe 23-24 pairs during my streak.