A Mile A Day

Go Jeff go! (Read 272 times)

Ojo

Today's the day!  Congrats on such a huge accomplishment!  Enjoy that run!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Run today will be at lunch, and unforunately will be nothing profound.  My legs are sore after my long run yesterday adn tempo run on Sunday so it will be short and slow to let them recover for intervals tomorrow.

But it will be nice to see that 1500 there later today. Big grin

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Run today will be at lunch, and unforunately will be nothing profound.  

1500 is profound.

TRUST THE PROCESS

jeffdonahue

Got it done, but it actually kind of sucked today.  I am coming down with a cold, so just planned on doing 1.5 miles to commemorate the day.   AFter 1/2 mile, my right ankle started having some sharp pains.  So I quit after just the mile.

But that's 1,500 days in the books - next goal is the 5 year mark to get myself moved up on the list into the "proficient" category at www.runeveryday.com

SloMike

Congrats man! With a cold coming on and that ankle... maybe you should take a day off. Joking

Hope you wake up feeling great tomorrow.

HermosaBoy

Congrats!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I am late to the celebration. 

Great job Jeff.

Your run today epitomized everything you said about streaking.

Good days and bad days.

Some days not sure if it's going to happen.

But another day happened.

Congrats!!!!!! Big grin

Intentionally Blank

Nice job, Jeff!

Wow 1500 days congrats. that 5 years must be right around the cornerCool

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

Loves the outdoors

Well done! That's a great accomplishment.

How many times was it a real struggle to get out the door for a mile? There must have been a few mega effort runs over the last 4 years.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

jeffdonahue

Well done! That's a great accomplishment.

How many times was it a real struggle to get out the door for a mile? There must have been a few mega effort runs over the last 4 years.

There were quite a few tough times.

Around day 100 (way back now) I had the flu really bad and could barely stand up.  Luckily I had to go to City Hall that night any way to get a variance to build a deck.  After the meeting at city hall where I was dizzy and lightheaded the whole time, I figured "hell, I'm already vertical" and went out and struggled through a mile.

Most painful runs were usually the day after a marathon when my quads or something was usually torn up pretty bad.

Worst days were days when it would be 11:00 at night and I would realize I hadnt run yet - no real reason, but sometimes I had just let the day get ahead of me.

Another tough one was a day about 3 years ago when I flew to Denver for work.  My colleague and I arrived at the hotel around 9:30 and were starving so we went out to dinner where I had a huge steak dinner and a few beers.  As I walked back to the hotel it was after 11:00 and I realized I still hadnt run, so head woozy from the beer, and stomach really full from teh food, I donned my running stuff and went out and did a mile.

Some days I feel guilty, like I'm abandoning my family if I dont get my run in while they are sleeping.  But then I remind myself it's only a mile - less than 10 minutes (most days) and I figure how is that abandoning my family?  I could spend more time than that on the toilet with the new Runner's World...

... and then I go run.

Running around the ship

As usual I am running way behind!

Way to go Jeff!!!