A Mile A Day

Come midnight... (Read 201 times)

Kalsarikännit

I have a silly question that I can't find the answer to on the USRSA site.

If a person was to start a long ultra (100 mile, 24 hour, etc) on day 1 and stop on day 2 does that count for both days of the streak?  Or would a person have to start two different runs?

Also, if you were to count it as keeping the streak alive for both days, how would you log it so that the streak is reflected on RA (I would imagine most people wouldn't want to break a race up into two entries).

Btw...none of this matters, because I can never run on day 3 after all this nonsense!    Just been curious for a while.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Seanv2

I have a silly question that I can't find the answer to on the USRSA site.

If a person was to start a long ultra (100 mile, 24 hour, etc) on day 1 and stop on day 2 does that count for both days of the streak?  Or would a person have to start two different runs?

Also, if you were to count it as keeping the streak alive for both days, how would you log it so that the streak is reflected on RA (I would imagine most people wouldn't want to break a race up into two entries).

Btw...none of this matters, because I can never run on day 3 after all this nonsense!    Just been curious for a while.

I love this kind of stuff. My opinion is that as far as the USRSA is concerned it would count for both days as long as you ran at least a single continuous mile on day two. As for how you're log it to keep the streak going on RA, I have no idea.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

jeffdonahue

I would say it definitely counts towards a streak for both days.

Other than breaking it up into two separate workouts, I'm not sure how you would separate it out when logging it onto RA - maybe if you did a warmup (though why you would do a warmup before a 24 hour/100 mile race I have no idea) you could put that on one day and then the race on the second day.

MTA - Okay, I just checked something.  Apparently on RA, you can log a 0 mile run and it will continue your streak in the streak counter.  So for logging purposes, you could log a zero mile run for one day and then the race the second day and it would still keep the correct running total for you.  When you look at your graph, one day would have no bar and the other would have 100 miles, but for the streak counter this would work.

Kalsarikännit

MTA - Okay, I just checked something.  Apparently on RA, you can log a 0 mile run and it will continue your streak in the streak counter.  So for logging purposes, you could log a zero mile run for one day and then the race the second day and it would still keep the correct running total for you.  When you look at your graph, one day would have no bar and the other would have 100 miles, but for the streak counter this would work.

Cool.  Thanks, Jeff.  Like I said, I don't see myself ever running on day 3.  I have tried it (yes, even just a mile), and it just doesn't work, but maybe I will try again. 

And maybe this will be useful to people that are tougher than me.

You streakers are pretty hardcore, btw.  Good luck to all.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jeffdonahue

You streakers are pretty hardcore, btw.  Good luck to all.

We're Hardcore????

This from someone who runs 100 milers - wow!

I could only hope to run an Ultra some day - was actually thinking about doing my own 40 mile Ultra next year for my 40th birthday, but that is just a pipe dream right now.

and for the record, I have days when I run WAY less than 100 miles and the next day kills to run just that one mile.

Pammie

Oh Jeff do it - It was my plan but got injured before so it kind of went belly up. Still hope to do one an ultra that is one day
              jeffdonahue

Oh Jeff do it - It was my plan but got injured before so it kind of went belly up. Still hope to do one an ultra that is one day

I probably will - there is actually an Ultramarathon that is run in July in the next town over from me.  they have a 24 hour and a 12 hour option.  I might try for the 12 hour next year.

The problem is that with me training for a marathon now, it might be hard to convince my wife to let me train for that next year (I am guessing I would have to start the training in January to have a good buildup of mileage).  So it might have to be some secret training - though how you "secretly" go out and run for 3-4 hours I dont really know yet, unless I want to be getting up at 3:00 in the morning to get it in before work.