A Mile A Day

Decline (Read 290 times)

jeffdonahue

Is it me or are our numbers dwindling?

If you look at the # of people with current streaks versus the number of people on the "longest" streak page, we really dont seem to have too many still streaking.

Hang in there everybody.

Jeff

Ojo

It does look smaller!  Maybe people are hiding their logs -- we do have 55 members so you would think it would look bigger even if they aren't actually streaking.

How are you feeling Jeff?  Did you ever decide on a fall ultra?

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

I had decided on the Stone Cat 50 Miler (two reasons - 1.  I wanted a 50 miler, 2 it was close enough to get to).  But... it turns out that the race is on the day of my daughter's last soccer game this Fall, and I am the coach.  So I opted out not to sign up (within a day and a half I was out anyway because it filled up fast this year).

I'm still putting in some good mileage though - 50-60mpw with 2-3 13-16 milers in there each week too.  Lots of long, slow stuff.  I tried to get back into some speedwork this week and did 5x400s, but may have messed something up because my shin was in agony today and I had to cut my run short.  I have a race on November 6th (either a 7 miler or a 5K - havent decided yet) so i want to get some speed worked back into my training before I get there.

How about you?  How's everything feeling - I see your already over 2 months now.  Pretty soon you'll be back into the triple digits.

jeffdonahue

Adn as for people hiding their logs, I dont think that's it because 50 people are showing on the "longest" tab.  But only 20 right now on the current streak.  So that means they are either not runnign at recently, or have just not logged their runs for a day or two at least.

Weird - guess I'm more anal than others because the first thing I do when i get to a computer after a run is to log it so I dont forget it.

Ojo

How about you?  How's everything feeling - I see your already over 2 months now.  Pretty soon you'll be back into the triple digits.

I am feeling great!  So happy that it is behind me.  I thought I wouldn't be up to doing much this fall but instead I registered for a very technical 50k on October 23 and then a small hilly marathon on December 10.  Not sure what I was thinking but it has kept me motivated.

Sara

MM #2929

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm currently not streaking, but lurking

Beware, batbear...

I am only running a few days a week coming off of PF and glad to be doing that much.  Some day I'll streak again, but until then I'll be in the shadows.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Seanv2

I'm like a serial streaker, I fall off the list, then get back on for a couple weeks, then fall off again. Maybe this time I will stay with it long term?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm like a serial streaker, I fall off the list, then get back on for a couple weeks, then fall off again. Maybe this time I will stay with it long term?

This is where I am now too.  I feel like I can keep it going for a while now, but I know that there are days ahead when I just won't be able to run... 

Bring it on.

still at it, 122 days

Get off my porch