A Mile A Day

this might be it (Read 32 times)

Intentionally Blank

I think I have the flu, or something like it.  Fever, chills, headaches.  I ran a miserable 8 miles this morning, and now have to pysch myself out just to get up to go to the bathroom.  If I feel this way tomorrow, it's time to turn out the lights--the party is over.

Ojo

Listen to your body!  I hope you feel better soon!

Sara

MM #2929

I think the Flu should be conquerable... An easy mile for a day or two till you recover?  I am about to make a new post (since I have been drinking a little, lol) and a little down on my situation and my fillet'd (not a word I know) toes...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

runningmum

AKA bear2009

Hope you feel better soon!  Decide what is best for you.

2013 Goals:

1. Start, stay, and finish the year uninjured!

Intentionally Blank

Fortunately, my fever was gone when I woke up this morning.  I went out for a very easy 2 miles.  My lungs hurt at the end, but I actually feel better mentally for having done it.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Ojo

Fortunately, my fever was gone when I woke up this morning.  I went out for a very easy 2 miles.  My lungs hurt at the end, but I actually feel better mentally for having done it.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Glad you are feeling and better . . . and glad your streak is still alive!  Smile

Sara

MM #2929

A Saucy Wench

If I feel tomorrow like I felt today I may need to end the streak.  I've been 1 mile-ing it for a week now.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

I'm really struggling to keep the streak going at this point.  Running through a couple days of illness is one thing but I am on day 11.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

I'm really struggling to keep the streak going at this point.  Running through a couple days of illness is one thing but I am on day 11.

What kind of illness are you running through?  hang in there, but above all else take care of yourself.

Looks like you are getting back on track?  Last couple days look better on your graphs.

I think your illness matched the time of my injury.  I called that timeframe on my graphs "EZ/Injured", but I like what you chose to label it:  "The best I could". :-)

Keep up the streak!  (I thought mine was going to end as well, but for now, we both keep going. :-) )

Intentionally Blank

I ran 10 miles in 6 days, but the worst seems to be over.  Ennay, I hope you feel better soon!

Ojo

Will today be it for me?  I can't even get out of my house there's so much snow.  It is still snowing and I haven't seen I haven't seen a single plow.  Hopefully I can get around the block late this afternoon.

MTA:  Done!  1.5 miles.  Hopefully I can make up some miles tomorrow.

Sara

MM #2929

560 days, good thing you got out there and was able to get it done!  --- Snow doesn't stop things here in Va Beach, at least not as far as running.  -- But of course I think the MOST we have ever had at one time is maybe half a foot.... :-)

A Saucy Wench

Ojo it is amazing to me that you streak without a treadmill in an area of the country that has real weather.

Although honestly it isnt usually weather that drives me to the treadmill.  It's usually either childcare or illness.  Ice is about the only limiter because it's always glare ice on pavement, no snow to grip

MTA - Plus I tried running in yaktrax a few times and it killed my achilles...but part of that is I think there really wasnt enough snow to use them.

Ojo

Today was tough -- it wasn't too bad when I left the house but the rain on top of compacted snow that had partially melted and then froze made it almost impossible to get home.  I had to shuffle my way up a hill -- not even yak trax would have helped.  The weather here has been horrible and certainly makes streaking without a gym or a TM a real challenge.

I have to say that today was probably the 2nd stupidest running day I have had since I started running (thunder and lightning storm was #1)!

Sara

MM #2929