A Mile A Day

OMG it's quiet in here (Read 235 times)

jeffdonahue

No posts for over 2 weeks (and the last one was by me)

So, what does everyone have for the summer (besides Ojo I guess, because we know she's having surgery in July).

My streak is coming up on 3 and a half years at the end of this month.

I have a 5K this weekend and another at the end of the month.  Looking at starting to train for an Ultra in the Fall, but I just realized that the race i was looking at happens to be the day of my daughter's soccer teams' last game (which I coach) so I am in a quandry over it.  I really wanted to do something cool since I am turning 40 in less than a month.  So I figured doing my first Ultra would work, but I have always had a "Family comes first" attitude towards my running, and I dont want to take anything away from my daughter.

My other thought was to try to join either the Marathon maniacs or the Half Fanatics this year instead, but trying to find two races close to home and close together is tough.

I am hoping to hit the 19:00 mark in my 5K this year.  I've been putting in some good quality workouts lately, and hopefully will hit it at the end of June.

Anyone have any other thoughts on what i could do that woudl be "Cool" to celebrate my 40th birthday this year?

Hope all is well with everyone.

Jeff

Ojo

Can you find another ultra?  That would be a great way to celebrate your 40th!  I wasn't running when I was 40 so I don't have too many suggestions.  You can do the Trent thing -- I believe he ran 40 on his 40th on his own!  As for MM, what about Hartford and Newport?  I think they might be a week or 2 apart.  I did Wineglass and Newport last year for my number.

I have been laying low due to back issues but did run a HM in Simsbury, CT last weekend.  I am excited to report that I PR'd by 4 minutes and finally ran a sub 2 hour HM.  So happy given my current state to health.  I needed a boost and that did the trick.  Now I will just try to get in as many miles as possible before the 7th.  If all goes well I can still do some fall marathons and hopefully run 2000 miles by the end of the year.  I am ahead of the bunny right now and believe I can keep it that way!  Oh the power of positive thinking!  Big grin

Hope everyone else is well and keeping up the streak. 

Sara

MM #2929

Seanv2

I like the idea of Jeff doing Hartford, I'm running that race and am always looking for people to drink beer with after!

My meager streak came to an end this month when I was laid up with an illness, but I am back at it now and hope to keep it up at least until Hartford.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

jeffdonahue

Can you find another ultra?  That would be a great way to celebrate your 40th!  I wasn't running when I was 40 so I don't have too many suggestions.  You can do the Trent thing -- I believe he ran 40 on his 40th on his own!  As for MM, what about Hartford and Newport?  I think they might be a week or 2 apart.  I did Wineglass and Newport last year for my number.

I have been laying low due to back issues but did run a HM in Simsbury, CT last weekend.  I am excited to report that I PR'd by 4 minutes and finally ran a sub 2 hour HM.  So happy given my current state to health.  I needed a boost and that did the trick.  Now I will just try to get in as many miles as possible before the 7th.  If all goes well I can still do some fall marathons and hopefully run 2000 miles by the end of the year.  I am ahead of the bunny right now and believe I can keep it that way!  Oh the power of positive thinking!  Big grin

Hope everyone else is well and keeping up the streak. 

I think that with Hartford adn Newport I run into the same problem as STone Cat - they are on Saturdays, and there is soccer all Fall.

I've looked around and there might be a 50K I could do in September, but i was kind of thinking I wanted a 50M... but beggers can't be choosers I guess.  Running 40 by myself doesnt sound all that enjoyable, at least not as much as participating in an actual ultra.

There is also a 12 hour ultra at the end of July that I have always wanted to do, but I'm just not sure I'll be properly trained for that one (but that one is in the next town over for me, so it's really convenient).

Guess I'll have to discuss the Stone Cat one with my wife.  I suppose I could reschedule that game and have my daughter's season end a week earlier.

Loves the outdoors

I ticked over 260 days, but have a bad cold at the moment. I have my goal Half Marathon on Sunday 19th and I'm stressing about whether running a couple of km's every day is going to hinder my ability to get better before it. I care about my streak but this is my GOAL half Sad I feel ok running, but I am coughing up stuff. yerch.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

streaks are stupid.

I run my best during a streak.

last streak ended at 229 days.

I'm 7 days into my current streak.

40 miles for your birthday or a 40 minute 10k or back to back 20 minute 5k's.

Get off my porch

jeffdonahue

I have been laying low due to back issues but did run a HM in Simsbury, CT last weekend.  I am excited to report that I PR'd by 4 minutes and finally ran a sub 2 hour HM.  So happy given my current state to health. 

Sorry Ojo,

I just noticed this part of your post - congratulations on your PR.  That is a great way to end your streak.