A Mile A Day

Lots of new members (Read 231 times)

jeffdonahue

By my count, we now have 29 members which I believe is our highest total ever!!!!!!

And that includes way back when we started up and hit about 24-25 members, of which 10-15 of them were not even running or visiting the group any more.

We currenlty have 4 members who havent visited since at least April, with racerunner1314 coming dangerously close to getting booted as having not visited in about 5 months now.  But even if you exclude those 4 we have 25 members that seem to be in good standing.

Now if we could just get Darren back, we could hit 30.

Streak On!!!!!

Ojo

Thanks for keeping up with all the new runners and adding them to the chart!

Sara

MM #2929

Ditto.  Thanks, Jeff. I'm glad to be here!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

jeffdonahue

Wow, we seem to be getting a new runner every day it seems.  This is awesome.  I dont know if it is because of the new widget that Eric put in that can show your current streak or if it the "peer pressure" over in the ladies forum, but welcome to all.

I truly believe streaking has helped my running and hope that it will help all yours too.

Streak On!

Jeff

The "why" for my membership is really one of stumbling across the group.  For an obvious reason I am not a member of the ladies locker room  - so no peer pressure here and the widget Eric installed is a sweet addition but I was streaking before its unveiling.  I am simply glad to be a part of this great source of encouragement and pool of insight on the form of extremism we are all practicing.

I have found streaking to benefit me by providing discipline and focus to my running.  The result has been a consistent re-building of my base after years of taking it for granted and running when I felt like it when I didn't have a particular goal, i.e. marathon, in the near future.

jeffdonahue

For an obvious reason I am not a member of the ladies locker room  - so no peer pressure here

Yeah, they wouldnt let me in either and you just know they're having pillow fights in their underwear over there. 

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Yeah, they wouldnt let me in either and you just know they're having pillow fights in their underwear over there. 

Panty Pillow Fights are the least of your worries.

Chris
                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

We'll never tell! 

There is a thread there where everyone is very enthusiastic about this.  That's what got me.

Vicki

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We'll never tell! 

There is a thread there where everyone is very enthusiastic about this.  That's what got me.

Vicki

Yep, today I would NOT have run if it weren't for the streak.  It was rainy and 48.  I know, perfect, but it's still hard for me to get out when it's raining.  But I got out there and did 6.3 miles and it felt great! 

A Saucy Wench

+1

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I will keep myself out of trouble at home and abroad by not knowing the rest of what could worry us!
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Um, yeah, I've seen some worrisome looking dogs on my runs, but never worrisome looking panty pillow fights...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jeffdonahue

Um, yeah, I've seen some worrisome looking dogs on my runs, but never worrisome looking panty pillow fights...

Me either, guess we're not running in the right places.  Got attacked by some geese this morning though.  They were blockign the whole running path and as I ran by (keeping as much distance as I possibly could) one of them snapped at me and started flapping his wings - protecting his young ones to be sure so I cant blame him.  But my easy run turned into a quick interval for about a tenth of a mile when I was sure he wasnt following me.