A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 6/8 (Read 246 times)

I hit 80 days today!  For some reason that impressed me.  That means only 20 days to go until 100 days, which REALLY sounds good.  There is the small matter of the June 20 marathon in the middle of those 20 days.  I really believe in a rest day the day before , but that will be a 1 mile day.  Same with the day after.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

Keep it up Karen!  I did a really easy 3 the day before mine.

I am beginning to feel more like myself again.  I had a nice 15.5 mile run yesterday.  I don't usually use any Gu on training runs less than 20 miles but it seemed to help me get over the hump.  Now I just need to start planning for the fall marathon.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Sara

MM #2929

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Great job, Karen!

Today was day 7 for me since I had to reset.  After 4 weeks of low mileage, I need to really start ramping up again.  I'm running my first half marathon on August 2! 

I just completed day 27 of my streak.  It has become a good habit.  Tomorrow is the first day that I will need to  contend with rain, but I will get out for some miles whereas in the past I just would have skipped my run entirely. 
          Ojo

Tomorrow is the first day that I will need to  contend with rain, but I will get out for some miles whereas in the past I just would have skipped my run entirely. 

Just go and have fun!  Running in the rain can be so refreshing!

Sara

MM #2929

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, good job, Karen!

I got up at 5:40 am Saturday morning to fit in my run. It was in Acadia National Park, and I'm SO glad I did it!  I 'm at 29 days now.  My daily run graph is all filled up with bars!  My quads are sore, so I'm going to have to keep each day a little short and slow this week, I think.

Seanv2

80 days. Wow, amazing. I am just getting started on my streak and have only four days racked up, I'm looking forward to just hitting seven!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm at 86 days.  Wow, only 2 weeks until 100.  The countdown begins.  LOL.

Bring it on.

Yay, everyone!

Teresa- I ran in Acadia last August.  I was in Bar Harbor on business.  It was cool and rainy- not good weather but the park was beautiful.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sounds like typical Bar Harbor weather, Karen!  I'm glad we'll be there 6 days at the end of the month, because at least a couple are bound to be rainy.  We'll take up books and puzzles with us.

Last week proved to be humbling after breaking 40 miles the prior week for the first time all year.  I didn't fit a long run into the schedule and I am not sure the legs would have handled it anyway.  I am learning that adding mileage without a day off requires a lot of patience.  I am not sure the 10% rule applies when you don't take a day off - I am wondering if it is more like 5% to be safe and injury-free.

Tomorrow I will cross the 500 mile-mark for the year so that is this week's numerical highlight.

Tonight I ran to the high school track with my son who is four (he rides in the jogging stroller).  When we arrived he wanted to only watch me "race" around the track.  But after a couple minutes of walking he decided it was a good idea to join me so we took off on a lap.  He ran the whole thing without stopping or walking.  He was so excited when he finished and wanted to go for another lap.  It was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next time he decides not to send his baby sister with me.

A Saucy Wench

huh..in all the drunken hungover running I failed to notice that I logged my biggest week ever last week.  This week will be a bit of a cutback as I have a HM on Saturday.  Then I should actually try to think about what it is I am trying to accomplish and how I think I should do it.

Or I could just keep running whatever whenever....hmmmm.. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

22 days...so many from 100, but I'm feeling confident!  Hopefully I live through my trail relay on Sat to run a mile on Sunday!!! 
                            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Or I could just keep running whatever whenever....hmmmm.. 

That's what I do -- I don't want to overtax my two brain cells, and they can pretty much handle this plan...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Like HStreet, I am on the verge of tapering for next week's Grandma's marathon!  A few more days of exhausting miles, then time to rest.  Next week I'll probably start with 5 milers, then be down to a 3 miler the day before the race.