A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 09/28/09 (Read 280 times)

Sweet!  I'll be there.  I'm the one on the right in my avatar.  :-)  Probably wearing a blue sleeveless shirt and black running skirt.  Middle of the pack-ish.  Actually a much better pic of me (although I won't NEARLY look that "nice") on my blog.

http://www.runningnotes.net

Sorry for the late reply.  I just got back from vacation.  Very tough running in humid weather and like an idiot I picked the hottest part of the day to go out for my runs. My half marathon training was good and now it is not so good but I will muddle my way through.  I am not sure what I will be wearing but I hope to wear my Half Marathon Fanatic T-shirt.  Otherwise, it is weather-dependent. Hope to catch up with you all. 

Half Fanatic #44

Member of the United States Running Streak Association

90 days for me today and I'm still training for Niagara Falls International Marathon on 10/25, my first marathon.  Last week was my highest mileage week ever - 60 miles and after my long run of 20 this weekend, I'll head into taper madness - my family won't know what him them!

2013 Goals:  >2,000 miles, 50-miler and 2 marathons  - Goal met PLUS a 50K.  Take that, Cancer.

Today was day one for me. Have to start somewhere. Smile
            Sweet!  I'll be there.  I'm the one on the right in my avatar.  :-)  Probably wearing a blue sleeveless shirt and black running skirt.  Middle of the pack-ish.  Actually a much better pic of me (although I won't NEARLY look that "nice") on my blog.

Kathy,

I looked around but there were quite a few blue shirts out there.  But judging by the picture you have in your avatar/profile now, we were really close to each other (at least when standing in line).  I was about 15 feet to your right standing on the sidewalk just before the corner.  Looks like you had a good race - PRing at 2:01.  I was running with a friend, so you passed us pretty early.  She did great - went out too fast, but hung in there and finished around 2:52.

Her husband ran with the 10mpm pace group for a while and finished in around 2:09 for his first HM.

Even though I didnt race it, it was a good run and it gave me an itch to do a race, so I am thinking about running the Hyannis Half marathon in February.

Did you see the barefoot guy with the crazy beard?

Jeff

I saw the bearded, barefoot runner. He was walking a lot. And yet at one point he got ahead of me. I think I passed him finally and never saw him again. 13.1 miles with no shoes is nuts. Heard a few runners having a conversation about barefoot running.

Half Fanatic #44

Member of the United States Running Streak Association

I have been doing some barefoot running lately but can only do about a mile and a half before the bottoms of my feet get tender - still trying to build up some tolerance I guess.  Maybe I'll run that race barefoot next year

I didn't see the barefoot bearded runner.  My first half (Seacoast 2008), I saw a guy run the half with Vibrams.  And lots of 5ks and 10ks recently, I've noticed barefoot runners.

And funny about where you were standing.  I MUST have looked at you and didn't realize it.  I like looking around a lot while waiting for a race to start.  Funny.  Next time we'll have to post pics with planned outfits! 

http://www.runningnotes.net

I think I should have just made an RA sign - it seems there were quite a few of us up there last weekend.