A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 10/14/09 (Read 311 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, I have no faith in whether the chart is current or not any more.  I havent had time to update it and I know it was messed up a while back, I can only imagine it is in worse shape now.

Anyway, running is going okay now.  I finally bought one of those boot thingees to wear to bed for my PF issue and it seems to really help.  My foot doesnt hurt when I get up in the morning.  Now my issue is the cold.  It all of a sudden dropped like 20 degrees in teh mornings, and it sucked the motivation to get out there out of me. 

I was able to do a 2.6 mile barefoot run yesterday at lunch though, which was nice.  I am hoping I can keep up the BF running even as it gets colder.

I also finally signed up for another race - Hyannis Half marathon on February 28th, so I will start my training for that in a few weeks.  Hopefully once I get my plan worked out I will be more motivated - was thinking of just doing the Pfitzinger 70/18 marathon plan to train for the HM to see how that goes.  Does anyone know any other good HM plans out there?

Jeff

Oh yeah, I hit 650 days last week too.  Yay me.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

650 days.  Wow!  That is amazing.  I'm glad you are getting some relief from PF.

I will finally attempt a short run later today for the first time in a week.  I can finally breathe again and my lungs are clear.  Still not feeling 100%, but I don't think that I can sit on the couch any longer.

Any idea how long it takes to come back after this?  I have a 5k on Nov 1 and a half marathon on November 7. 

Ojo

Congrats Jeff!

I am doing okay.  I've got 1 more long run and then time to taper for NYC.  I have had a few issues with my lower back and hip so I am adjusting my goals a little.  Hopefully it will get better.

I am 30 days away from hitting the year milestone.  I really think I can make it! 

Sara

MM #2929

Jill_B

I fly.

Yay Jeff!

My marathon is Sunday.  I'm freaking out.  I think my hip hurts.  It might be all in my head though.

Oh and we are supposed to get socked with a nor-easter so major rain expected this weekend.  Ugh.

Bring it on.

Way to go, Jeff.

I am struggling after 2 bad falls in my marathon last Saturday.  Hung on for age group win (4:08:28) but severely bruised my ribs (landed on my arm) in the second fall. It was dirt/gravel surface and somewhat uneven.  Plus, I am a spaz.  Anyway, I can barely run, but have done at least a mile each day.    The streak lives on.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

A Saucy Wench

Way to go, Jeff.

I am struggling after 2 bad falls in my marathon last Saturday.  Hung on for age group win (4:08:28) but severely bruised my ribs (landed on my arm) in the second fall. It was dirt/gravel surface and somewhat uneven.  Plus, I am a spaz.  Anyway, I can barely run, but have done at least a mile each day.    The streak lives on.

damn Karen.  You rock.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

damn Karen.  You rock.

+1

You fell TWICE and still pulled out an age group win???????

If I fell twice, I think I'd pull over to the nearest bar to soak my wounds in alcohol.  Nice job!!

Anne, nice to see that you are back running again - how is the hamstring??

I REALLY wanted the very cool finisher's shirt and medal!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mlybrand

I am still here!!  I had a crazy madman midnight mile (well 2:30 AM) back on 10/07 (all day travel to Lima Peru).  Followed by six runs in Lima.  Now I am out the door for today's run.  See y'all....

Wow Jeff for your 650 days.  And Karen, I am always impressed with your running feats.  I am still plugging away daily.  I am also signed up for the Hyannis Half Marathon in February.  It is always a risky time of year to sign up for a race, but I really enjoy the route and being down the Cape at that time of the year.  I have 2 more half marathons for this year and then I may then just run for fun for awhile.  When I was doing the 50 mile weeks in August I found myself running along and doing the math in my head (If I run 6 miles today, and then 8 miles tomorrow and then maybe 12 on the weekend I will be up to so many miles, blah blah blah.) It became a little stressful.  Today I woke up too late to go out for more than a 1.5 mile run (I think my two races this weekend tired me out.).  But at least I got out there.  There used to be so many excuses to not get out for a run, but now I always manage to give it the old college try. (unless I am really ill) Just being too tired or not enough time is no longer an excuse I use.

mta: how could I forget Sara.  She is always an inspiration.

Roses Revenge

I'm still going, although there have been a couple days this week that it would have been really easy to go back to bed.  I just signed up for a half on Sunday that's been sold out for months.  I heard they had some people drop out and got an email in to the RD in time to get one of the spots.  I've wanted to do this one, but hesitated to sign up for a half two weeks after a full marathon, expecially that far in advance.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Thanks for posting a check-in thread Jeff!  It is encouraging to see folks share their stories.

Time and darkness are the limiting factors for me this week.  I'd like to be running at least 4 miles a day.  I had a nice 17-miler on Saturday though and the 40 degree temperatures aren't as bad as I let myself think they are.  Overall I am just cruising right along toward the 365-day goal I established at the beginning of the year. 

I'm still here, too!!!  Congrats on the 650 milestone, Jeff!  Someday maybe I'll get there.  I just past the 100 day mark and I feel great.  I'm tapering for my first marathon and on these last couple of days when I could take off, I'm finding it kind of nice to get out and just do a mile or two just to keep the streak alive and not overdo it during the taper.

Karen, Sara, Elisa & Rose, you are huge motivators for me!  Thanks everyone.  

Congrats on 100 days!  Looks like you have been putting in some solid mileage, should be a good marathon for you.  Good luck!

... I am at 8 days  

I think I am rolling now.  My feet are still acting up on and off but I am optimistic I can hold the streak this time.  I had planned to do my first half marathon this fall but due to my setback I have reconsidered.  I am afraid my expectations would be too high considering my current shape. 

That said, I plan to run my first half marathon this spring.  I am plotting out a plan based on Jack Daniels running formula and now I will have time (assuming no other setbacks) to get the full 24 weeks of training that he recommends.

Ryan

A Saucy Wench

I let my streak lapse yesterday for absolutely no good reason except I didnt feel like it.  You can take me off the chart, I'll probably lurk, but I just dont have the mojo right now.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7