A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 09/28/09 (Read 280 times)

jeffdonahue

I know we missed another week on this post, but here we go again.  Last week wasnt too bad.  I had some good runs, some bad runs.  But last night I think I might have broken my toe - walking through my basement and not paying attention I slammed it into a large metal beam we have laying on the ground down there.  It still hurts and is still a bit swollen - not sure how it will feel during my run at lunch today.

Otherwise, still going, and hoping to start moving more into Barefoot running over the next month.

Jeff

MIlestones this week (not sure how accurate this is because somebody sorted the list and all the retired runners were moved up into the list with the other runners.  I just dont have time to fix it right now.  I have removed the link to the spreadsheet though until I get it worked out.

mikeburlingame - 19 months

lorrieg - 10 months

favre3xmvp - 9 months

Father Russia - 9 months

Jill_B - 200 days

Captain Atom - 7 months

Strings n 88 keys - 7 months

Kathyrunning - 4 months

jb944 - 3 months

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

90 days for me today and I'm feeling good.

Last week was a major victory for me - my highest mileage week ever, my longest run (12.09) ever outside of the half, and I passed my goal of 1000K for the year.  I guess I need new goals . . .

Ojo

Not much to report -- still hanging in although some days I have felt like not running.  Odd to feel that way but I think it is because of the marathon training.  I am just tired and am ready to cut back a little on the mileage.

Hope everyone has a good week -- and congrats to those reaching milestones!

Sara

MM #2929

Jill_B

I fly.

Today may be the end of my streak.  I'm sick as a dog and I'm not sure I can muster the strength to run.

MTA:  I ran 1 mile.  Now I'm going to go die.

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

MTA:  I ran 1 mile.  Now I'm going to go die.

And you earned it   Feel free to puke if you want to too.

Way to go, Jill.  I am so exhausted from the insanity this weekend (15K in the pouring rain on Saturday followed by 21 mile training run on Sunday which I did too fast) that I only did a mile (well, 1.2) this morning.  I need rest badly right now.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

A Saucy Wench

woohoo Jill!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Good job, Jill.  Hope you feel better soon!
                  Roses Revenge

Still going, but not many miles since my race is a week out.  Continuing to stress more about working on the house than thinking about the race - I have 8 people coming to dinner a week after the race.  Spent many hours in the car yesterday and today driving to the coast for a memorial service for an 81 year old cousing. 

In other words, lots of thing to take my mind off running.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

mlybrand

432 and going strong, but today's chilly damp fall-ness has me bummed about the upcoming dark and wet days.  I think this year I will do more indoor running.

224 days. Attempting 80 miles a week isn't happening. Tired. Cut back this week, only 8 miles or so per day.

Get off my porch

Jill_B

I fly.

Thanks guys.  I just spoke to the director of my sons' school and there is a stomach bug going around.  At least it's only a 24 hour thing, I'm feeling MUCH better today.  Still weak though.  Hopefully I'll be able to do at least 4 later... we'll see.

MTA:  Got 2 in on the treadmill and had to stop before I fainted.  I think not eating anything but Jello is not fuel enough for 4 miles of running.  I'll try to get the rest in tonight.  Ugh.

Bring it on.

Nice work everyone, especially Jill gutting it out literally

My mileage is down but the streak is being maintained.  I really need to cut something out of my busy life so I can run more!

I'm feeling good so far as I approach 4 months.  Taking it easy this week (2 mile runs) in prep for the Smuttynose Half on Sunday.  Weren't there some other streakers that were doing that race?  Wanna meet?

http://www.runningnotes.net

jeffdonahue

I'm feeling good so far as I approach 4 months.  Taking it easy this week (2 mile runs) in prep for the Smuttynose Half on Sunday.  Weren't there some other streakers that were doing that race?  Wanna meet?

I will be there.  Depending on the weather, I should be wearing a red "Winchester Highlanders" running shirt and dark blue shorts, with some yellow running shoes.  If it is cold/raining I will probably have on a throw-away long sleeve shirt from some other race though.

I should be lined up somewhere near the back with a tall guy with a beard and a hat on (I have been helping him and his wife train for this race for a  few months now).