A Mile A Day

Weekly Checkin 10/26/09 (Read 326 times)

jeffdonahue

Streak-wise, today is the Day of Damien (day 666 in case you didnt get "The Omen" reference).

Last week was a moderately good week.  I had hoped to get more miles in, but oh well.  It didnt happen.  Today is the official start day of my Half Marathon training.  I am following a modified Pfitzinger 70/18 plan for marathon training - basically going to keep everything the same, but will probably max out my long run at 17-18 instead of 22.

So this week I should hit over 50 and stay there from now till February, when I hope to get a nice PR in the half marathon.

Barefoot running is getting better too - I ran a 3.6 miler today (my longest ever) with minimal discomfort.  Not sure what is going to happen with the BF running when it starts snowing, I will probably move to Vibrams, but I am going to try to keep as much full Bare Foot running as possible and would love to get about half my mileage per week barefoot by the end of the year.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Sorry about the chart.  I may just take it down for a bit, because I just dont have time to update it lately, and NOvember is usually pretty busy for me.

Jeff

mlybrand

Mr Broken Record here.  461 straight days, mostly 6 milers.  Not a racer, but running makes me happy Smile
      Ojo

I am still going strong although gearing up for NYC this weekend.  I crossed the 2000 mile mark yesterday and now I just need to make it to 365 days on November 14.  Feeling good for the most part with just a few hip and heel issues.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sara

MM #2929

Today is day 300 for me.  I just keep pluggin along.
            My streak got broken after 134 days by a nasty little flu virus. Running with a 104 fever was not an option. I am hoping to resume in a couple of days.
            I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
              I think I'm at 221.  I made it through the days with bad rib pain from my falls.  If I get the flu or something, I'm done, but for now I'll keep going.  It gets hard somedays when I would rather take a complete day off and not get out in the dark......

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Jill_B

I fly.

If I get the flu or something, I'm done, but for now I'll keep going.  It gets hard somedays when I would rather take a complete day off and not get out in the dark......

+1

I'm at over 225.  Not bad, but I've been wanting a break since my marathon.  But truth be told, I'd miss running and know that I don't really want the break.

Bring it on.

mlybrand

Of course I meant broken record in the sense of playing the same thing over and over again.
                  jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I had to break my streak at 99 days because of the flu.  I tried to keep running, but decided when I had to hang on to the treadmill for the entire mile to keep from falling over that it wasn't worth it.  My doc wasn't too pleased with me when I mentioned that stupidity.  Subsequent to that, I ended up with bronchitis and a sinus infection (and a trip to ER).  Basically I lost about 2 weeks when my mileage should have been topping out for my half marathon on Nov 7.  And now I'm finding that I don't really want to run . . .  sigh . . .trying to restart the streak this week . . .
                    Roses Revenge

I knew it wouldn't last forever and my streak ended at 139 days,  I am planning to start again tomorrow when I get home.

Vacation got in the way.  I spent most of the day Saturday in the car and the night in a motel without a fitness room.  I wasn't willing to go out by myself in the dark in an area I was unfamiliar with.  I did go out the next morning and it was fine.  Day two of vacation was another day of mostly in the car and a night at a motel in the boonies with no fitness area and the only way to get a run in would have been along a narrow two lane highway with no shoulders.  I did get one more run in this week, but haven't been in an area where I would be comfortable going out by myself and with no fitness room available no treadmill.

While it's been a fun vacation, I'll be glad to get home and back to my normal routine.  One positive side effect is that my sore butt seems to be okay now. 

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

I'm at day 120 and I also considered breaking the streak the day after my marathon.  I drove for 10 hours that day from Niagara Falls to Cape Cod and had to get out and walk around way too many times on the way home to prevent seizing up.  Ultimately, I got home, threw shorts on with reflective wear and brought the wonder beagle out for a short jog/walk of a mile & a half or so in the pitch black dark of night.   Not so scary when you have a dog with you... 

Hello Streakers!

Today will be day 155!  +1 to those that said if I get the flu, I'm probably done, but I'm streaking for now.  I've run through a conference and a family vacation to Disney, so I gotta keep going! 

http://www.runningnotes.net

jeffdonahue

Hello Streakers!

Today will be day 155!  +1 to those that said if I get the flu, I'm probably done, but I'm streaking for now.  I've run through a conference and a family vacation to Disney, so I gotta keep going! 

Now, I ran through the flu a year and a half ago when I was only at about 100 days.  Though I sometimes think I have more motivation to keep it going given that I am the administrator of this group - dont want to let you guys down.

I am coming up on 6 months (180 days) and couldn't be happier with how good I feel.  So many posts and articles tell you to take rest days, but I feel better when I don't take a day off.  Every person is different.  It has become such a good habit.  I am so glad I started streaking.
                              mlybrand

I continue my streak sans Garmin as I have been driven indoors by the dark Sad