A Mile A Day

0.75 (Read 98 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Ok I've given up the marathon. So this summer I picked up my mileage and dropped 13 lbs. As you can imagine this is not the smartest thing I've ever done. We are currently trying to get preg. And so after a month of my running being in the toilet I've decided that I can't do the marathon. My priorities have changed. So after not even having the desire to run I have a small desire to run. So I want to come back to running every day because I LOVED it and was so sad when I stopped that I think it kicked off my lack o desire. So anyway, I ran Wednesday - 1 mile. I ran yesterday .75 miles - over three attempts - felt sick. I guess I thought I would be able to hop in with some ease - but I guess not.
    jeffdonahue

- felt sick. .
      Maybe you're preggers now Big grin Seriously though, not sure it is the running every day rather than something else. Maybe you are coming down with something.

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh Jeff I wish! LOL I think I just burned out. I ramed up my mileage pretty fast and lost a good deal of weight. I think had I increased my food intake to make up for those calories I might have been ok, but such as life. For the last 3 weeks I haven't wanted to run not even a step - and even today I don't want to. I think my body is going through an adjustment phase and it's not thrilled! LOL
          Welcome back to the world of streaking!

Oh Mighty Wing

phew this is gonna be a long road back to where I was...
            Wingz

Professional Noob

But worth the journey! Take it nice and easy coming back... speed can happen later! Welcome back!

Roads were made for journeys...

Oh Mighty Wing

But worth the journey! Take it nice and easy coming back... speed can happen later! Welcome back!
                haha after a month off (for all intents and purposes) it feels like i'm starting from scratch... oh well... if I can just do 1 mile a day this week then next week I can work on making it 2 and so on.
                jeffdonahue

How is your running going? I was thinking that if I was coming back I would try to get one 3 miler in - after doing even just one of those, doing the single mile might feel easier.

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah i was thinking the same thing but i'm running based on desire right now. And desire is there but low. It feels like it's increasing and I'm afraid that if I push myself too hard then it will kill my desire.