A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 08/04/09 (Read 210 times)

jeffdonahue

Last week was a rough one for me - some Plantar Fascitis (sp?) kicked in on my left foot/heel.  It hurts when I get out of bed (though seems to be getting a bit better now that I am doing the alphabet thing before I get out).  Mileage was down a bit.

May keep the mileage down this week again to see if it helps heal it faster, but it doesnt hurt when I run (mostly).  Trying to see what I can do in prep for a 5K in the beginning of September.  I really want to get a lot of quality workouts in this month so I can get my kick back and hopefully PR.

That's it for me this week - sorry it's a day late.

Jeff

MIlestones this week

mikeburlingame - 550 days

mainrun - 475 days

makers - 250 days

str1der - 225 days

jugdish - 7 months

Wingz - 175 days

Oldman - 175 days

Pammie - 100 days

runCheffyrun - 75 days

cderuyter - 75 days

SEanv2 - 2 months

rosesrevenge - 2 months

SkBunny - 2 months

I'm hanging in there.  PF bothers me in both feet but not enough to keep me from running.  I'm having some mental issues with preparing for my Oct marathon & needing a hard kick to get me up again!  I'm getting excited about hitting 100 days...not too far off!
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

July was a good month - my second time to hit 100 miles in the month.  And, I ran my first half marathon on Sunday and had a blast.  I'm slow, but it was a great experience and I want to do another one.  I'm hooked!
        mlybrand

The married version of me is still going strong (and a much, much happier person, except that I am pretty sad today since I have to leave my wife to go back to the states... just hope the time the visa process takes will fly by).

See y'all again stateside.

Mark

jeffdonahue

The married version of me is still going strong (and a much, much happier person, except that I am pretty sad today since I have to leave my wife to go back to the states... just hope the time the visa process takes will fly by).

See y'all again stateside.

Mark

wow, that kind of stinks about having to leave the new wife.  Did they say how long it will take?

I have also been struggling with PF on my left foot. I am winding down to the 500 day mark, then will stop streaking. I plan to take the month of September off to recover, and start running again in October.

Vacation is a blast!  The kids are having fun in the lake and pool while we are getting some much needed time away from reality!

On the running front I have determined to simply keep the streak on life support until vacation ends.  It is probably another good time to have a low mileage pair of weeks anyway

Nice job on the milestones everyone and happy streaking!

I hope Anne heals quickly but don't push it back.  As for the rash of PF going around the same get well wishes to you as well!

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm still going.  Both of my sons have been sick this week and I think that I might be getting it.  I couldn't move this morning (it was super hot & humid and I just felt horrible).  But I got out there - my midweek long run turned into a slow, short one instead.  Oh well.  150 days is just around the corner!

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so last night I wasnt the smartest person in the world.  Knowing that my PF flares up when I am sittign at a computer, I for some idiotic reason, opted to play some online poker last night.  end up playing until almost midnight and could feel my calves and the pain in my PF (though I did play standing up and walking around for the last couple hours) tightening up.

And of course I stayed up even later than that to watch the end of the Red Sox game too.

So last night I am sleeping and BAM, I wake up in excruciating pain as both of my calves completely seized up while I was sleeping.  I twisted and turned and finally found a position where they eased up and I went back to sleep.  A half hour later - BAM, they did it again.  Four times last night I woke up because my leg muscles were completely cramped up, and they still were when I got up and when I got to the gym.

I did a hobbling, painful mile and called it quits and then stretched for about 30 minutes.  They are feeling a little better now, but now I get to sit at my desk for 8 hours again so we'll see what happens. 

I think I need a banana. 

Top 'O the World!

Eeewww...see! cards are Eeevill!

**fingers crossed that I can stick w/it this time***  hoping my medication is stabilizing (dreadfully wrung out tyred sometimes) & busy in other ways....ah well....

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Ojo

I am on vacation and have been able to keep up with the streaking.  Yes, I did do a 1 mile run at 3 a.m. -- it wasn't bad but the fallen sticks from the storm the night before made it a little tricky.  I have actually run more this vacation than I usually do so I guess I can pull back the rest of the week.

As usual, congrats to all with milestones! 

Now I guess I should pay attention to my inlaws again! 

Sara

MM #2929

Roses Revenge

Last week was a very good week for me.  Started off with an Half Marathon on Sunday and ended with a 13 mile training run with my marathon training group on Saturday.  I'm really liking the early morning (5:45 AM) runs when it's cool and quiet.  The normal loop from home is about a mile and a half, depending on which side of the street I use and which direction I go.

I'm going to have to figure out how to do this when it gets dark earlier as DH worries about me being out by myself.  Come fall, I'll be able to go back to mid days until January and then who knows how I'll fit it in.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

mlybrand

wow, that kind of stinks about having to leave the new wife.  Did they say how long it will take?

Right now it is taking the California Service Center 5 months to process the initial petition.  Then there will be red tape time on top of that.  From my understanding the process is taking 7 months or so at present.  Luckily for us, she and my step-son have tourist visas, so I can go down or they can come up as we wish (many couples are not afforded this luxury).  Nonetheless, the sitch sux, but I just have to go through it.  We will see each other again in October (and we "see" each other every single night in Skype -- and have done since we met).  I have put photos up on Facebook, if you would like to see our happy day:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2032602&id=1256824164

Thanks for asking.

Mark

jeffdonahue

Actually had a pretty good run this morning.  I woke up and my PF was freaking killing me, so I slept in and skipped my group hill workout.  I hit the gym (PF still hurts) and decided to struggle through an easy 5 mile loop around a pond in Woburn.  As I was finishing the loop around the pond my PF was still bothering me and I decided to take a chance - so I tossed my shoes aside at a relative's house that just happens to be on the pond, and ran the two mile loop barefoot.

Believe it or not, the PF pain went away within a couple hundred yards, and (knock on wood) is still gone.  Of course, by the end of the two mile loop the bottom of my feet were a bit tender but not a bad as I thought they would be.  I might have to make this barefoot running a more regular thing.

A couple things I noticed while running barefoot.

1.)  I have no idea how the hell to run downhill barefoot - there are two relatively steep downhills on this route and I pretty much walked down them because when Ir an my heels slammed into the ground.

2.)  There is way more goose shit on the sidewalks than I ever noticed when running with shoes on around this pond as well.

3.)  Gravel hurts - there is one area where the paved road connects with a dirt road and the spillout of gravel and dirt made that 15 foot section rough.

Other than that I am pretty happy with today and if I didnt have to hit the mall at lunch today I would consider hitting it again at noon.

You can take me off the milestone list...Smile  I'll need a reset to yesterday.

Last Wednesday was my birthday, and I think I had a streak of 203 days going into it.  Just before I got off work, I asked a couple of guys I worked with if they'd like to grab a quick beer after work.  That turned into what was like an impromptu bachelor party.  Not sure what time I got home, but I passed out on my couch still in my uniform and woke up the next morning at about 7:10, 10 minutes before I had to be at work.  So my streak was over.  I was bummed out about it initially, but quickly got over it.  I took about a week off and started a new one yesterday.

The week off was nice actually.  It was nice not having to think about getting the run in, or heading out at 11 at night to avoid the heat.  My first goal is to break 203 days and then go from there...Smile